Barbecue (part 1)

The TeenzOnTop Club

Waking up finally to the day where he got to go to a barbecue with his friends. It was even shocking to his own mother. Well she thought he didn’t have friends. Ha. He proved that he did indeed have friends.

Wait. He’s always had friends.

 She was just trying to make fun of him then. Anyways, he was going to see friends and it was a Saturday. Usually he spent his weekend wither doing homework last minute (preferably Sundays) or sitting his lazy on his bed. Of course he was joined by something.

His beloved laptop.

That thing was his best friend. Like seriously, no one and he means no one could ever beat his dear, amazingly perfect laptop. His laptop had everything he could ever want on it. The internet, games and even more games. Changjo really loved games.

But he would be crushed if anyone from the club knew about his love for his laptop. No one would understand how much he loves the guy who invented computers and laptops. Changjo didn’t know his name though...

Changjo got ready to go to C.A.P’s house, after doing so he ran down the stairs and sat at the table ready to eat breakfast. His mum was sitting across him and his dad was sitting next to him. They still seemed like they were trying to process what their son had. Friends.

They had no idea that Changjo might have a little man crush on someone called L.joe. Of course though, he would tell them if they... started to... date... It wasn’t like his parents would hate him. They were so open to everyone. His parents helped a very very old friend of Changjo get over their dead puppy. That was so sad; Changjo even went to the funeral. After the funeral the girl disappeared from their lives. She was very nice but the horrid thing about her was she used to pick her nose.

So not lady-like.

Just the other day Changjo found out that his mother was going to join the sewing club that was recommended by her friend who goes to the club. In his old school people liked the scarf his mother made for him, that scarf made Changjo throw up outside in the playground.

After a series of complicated and by far stupid questions, Changjo was let out to go to the barbecue. He was all happy and jumpy on the inside but on the outside this man... okay, boy was playing it cool. Changjo never had thought about going to C.A.P’s house. Is it smelly? Is it cold? Has it got lots of beds in it?

Changjo was a little too happy... but who wouldn’t be?

Should he ask if there was anything that he had to bring to the barbeque?

Nah...

Less than a second later he decided that he should text L.joe (*cough* theloveofhislife*cough*) Changjo took out his phone and pressed the name which said ‘Byunghunnie’ he carefully typed a message and hesitantly sent it. Why am I so nervous?! He thought. Changjo honestly didn’t know why he was so nervous to send a message. His phone buzzed signalling he had gotten a message from back.

He opened it and smiled before rushing back to his house to grab the clothes he would need. “HEY MUM! I’M GOING TO SLEEP OVER AT HIS HOUSE! THANKS” He yelled from upstairs. He packed his stuff into a bag and rushed down the stairs. He turned to see his mum crying and his dad patting her back. “Umm what happened?” Changjo asked curiously.

“My Jonghyun’s going to a SLEEPOVER!” She balled out in tears.

“Gee, I didn’t know you didn’t want me to not go”

“NO! GO! IT’S JUST IT’S TOO HARD TO BELIEVE!” Changjo patted his mum and gave his dad a what-the-hell look.

“Anyways, bye” He was out the door in seconds because he really didn’t want to hear his mum crying over the thing that her ‘little baby’ is going a sleepover. UH PLEASE. He went to one when he was 6. Okay, that was long ago but still it had to out right?

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

L.joe was thinking on the way to C.A.P’s house. He was questioning how it was like as it was his first time going there. Honestly, he was dying from excitement. Oh my god a friend’s house... one that isn’t Chunji’s.

C.A.P is so nocturnal.

His thought made him giggle a bit at the stupidity. Imagine C.A.P as an owl though... L.joe can’t, it’s too hard to picture. The fact that all of the club members going to the barbecue made L.joe smile. He only smiled because he knew Changjo would be there. His crush. For some strange reason L.joe could hear Justin Bieber’s song baby in his head. L.joe hates Justin Bieber and this was just strange.

The short boy went back to thinking of Changjo because it made him feel all fluffy and warm. He groaned. When did he become so girly?

“Good night L.Joe, thanks, your blush makes you look like a girl”

Oh yeah... even Changjo thinks he’s part girl. Way to go L.joe, remembering that time in front of your house and you did indeed blush just like a high school girl.

L.joe had a bag with spare clothes, C.A.P had texted him that they would need to bring spares because it’s a sleepover. WHOOP. Only one person wouldn’t know that it was a sleepover, which would be Changjo. It was like the heavens understood this crisis because he got a text message from someone.

From: Unknown

Hey it’s Changjo, did thingy tell us to bring anything?

 

L.joe was freaking out in the middle of the street. HIS CRUSH TEXTED HIM. OH GOD. A goofy smile was plastered across L.joe’s face as he texted back.

 

To: Unknown

Yeah, bring spare clothes to sleep in and change in to cos it’s a sleepoveeeeeer! =D

 

From: Unknown

Thanks. Well then, don’t you seem hyper already, did the tooth fairy give you some sweets.

 

To: Unknown

Stupid. The tooth fairy gives money. *cough* stupid *cough*

 

From: Unknown

... See you at C.A.P’s...

 

What did he text that was wrong?

L.joe re-read all the messages and oh sugar... he’s the only stupid one. He face palmed and groaned. “WHY AM I SO STUPID?!” The small boy yelled only to have people give him weird looks. He was lucky that C.A.P’s house wasn’t too far now. The boy hung his head down embarrassed by what he just did. People still stared though. They probably were thinking one thing: What a weirdo.

Truthfully, L.joe had way too many stupid moments or just plain dumb moments. For example he was chasing a cat on the street because it apparently ‘talked’ to him. To be fair that was when he was like 9 years old. Everyone when they were kids probably asked stupid questions. L.joe was one of those people that thought. No. Believed unicorns were real.

“My childhood was so stupid” He said to himself, again gaining more weird looks. If he could... he would’ve ripped their heads off for judging him when he was thinking.

 

Finally he came to the doorstep of C.A.P’s house. Instantly he heard Niel and Ricky with C.A.P. “Oh but horror movies !”

“No they don’t. Stop being a whiny little baby”

“I know right, Ricky, why are you like this?”

“HEY! YOU’RE AFARID TOO!”

“I never said no!”

“OH SHUT IT”

L.joe laughed and rang the doorbell. “Shush, it’s the police!” “Hide!” The door opened and C.A.P looked like he was going to die from Ricky and Niel. “Oh thank God you’re here!” He pulled L.joe into a hug and L.joe couldn’t help but hug him back feeling sympathy. They exchanged some whispers which went a little like this:

“They are on drugs.”

“You just noticed”

“But seriously I gave them a few sweets and this is what happened”

“I know right”

“You’re worse on sugar rush”

L.joe walked pasted him, he wasn’t that high on sugar. It did make him a little too crazy and jumpy. At least he wasn’t that annoying.

“I’M HERE!” L.joe yelled when he stepped into the front room. Ricky and Niel instantly jumped at him and the three were in a small pile laughing. C.A.P had a little flashback from Lord of the Rings where Frodo’s in the bed after recovering and the other little hobbits jump on him. The weird thing was... C.A.P was...

Sam in this case. Observing from the door.

Awkward.

They all sat together on the couch and the debate about horror movie got called up again. “Should we watch a horror movie tonight?” C.A.P asked to have Ricky groan and shake his head as fast as he could. After a second he felt dizzy and faked passing out. No one really was looking at him so it was just a show for no one.

“Yeah why not” L.joe said. He hated horror movies, if anything he would cry during it from all the scary parts. Once he cried so much that he had to crawl into the same bed as his mother for a whole 2 weeks. The fear of horror movies.

“You only want to because you can go cuddle with lover boy!” Ricky teased. It was obvious that he was talking about Changjo. Niel grinned and C.A.P yawned a bit. If Changjo was there he would’ve questioned if he slept for his whole life.

“Shut up” L.joe pouted; ever since they found out (by Chunji) they’d keep teasing L.joe about Changjo and his crush for the younger boy. Ricky meant it as a joke but most the time L.joe would blush. Like now, he was blushing a lot. “Stop! No jokes in front of him” Ricky and Niel nodded. C.A.P was secretly smiling to himself.

He agreed to nothing.

O-ho-ho-ho-ho.

ers.

Wait until the barbecue, he’s going to spill some beans all over the little lovebirds.

C.A.P grinned, ear to ear and sat next to Ricky who changed the topic to clowns. “C.A.P, I didn’t know you joined the circus!” C.A.P glared at Ricky.

“Shut it, chicken” Ricky pouted only to have Niel threw the TV remote at him. “Thank you” C.A.P said to Niel.

“OWWW WHAT THE HELL WAS THE FOR?!” Ricky yelled. He rubbed the area where the remote successfully hit him.

L.joe was surprisingly silent so C.A.P, Niel and Ricky stared at him. They saw him holding in laughter but as soon as Ricky sighed he cracked up in laughter. “AHAHAHAHAHAHA”

“It wasn’t even that funny...” Ricky said.

“You didn’t see the TV remote practically fly to your face” C.A.P stated making Niel join in with L.joe and his laughing matters. C.A.P kind of agreed with Ricky after Niel’s laughter. It wasn’t funny at all... maybe a little. But that was it, not any funnier.

They all made really really really really bad jokes to each other like “My joke is too corny for you” after a corn joke. OR “What did the cow say to the pig?”

Oh I don’t know. What did he say?

“You’re a porking idiot” Oh gosh. I’m dying of laughter. HAHAHA.

No.

To stop all the horrid jokes:

 

Suddenly...

 

The door bell rang making everyone shut up and hide. C.A.P just rolled his eyes and went to the front door while the others wondered who it was.

“I BROUGHT BROWNIES!”

The three boys who were hiding ran out after hearing the word brownies. “CHANHEE!” L.joe ran up to him (and the brownie box...) the short boy hugged the...

Box of brownies.

Not his friend.

“I missed you guys” L.joe took the box out of his hands and hugged it tighter. Chunji stared in disbelief.

“Oh, flowers?” C.A.P asked finally getting to say something. He took them out of Chunji’s hands and held it in his own. “Aww thanks, that’s very nice of you. I will treat this ugly thing well” C.A.P patted Chunji’s head, the boy growled at him.

“You idiot, they’re for your mother!”

“Ohhhhh. Pssssh I knew that”

Awkward.

C.A.P thought some devil in disguise brought flowers for him. Muhahaha, fell for the little trick face. “What acquaintances do you have with my mother?”

“Oh god.  My mother goes to the same sewing club as her and it was a gift from my mother. You’re such a doughnut”

L.joe chuckled.

He called him a doughnut hahahaha.

They all went into the front room again and sat in a little circle. Niel said to not mention the horror movies but in the end he was the reason the topic was brought up. AGAIN.

Basically.

They are going to watch ‘The Conjuring’ at 12. Poor L.joe, he’s already crying in his head. At least Changjo will get a surprise at 12 when it’s dark and everyone should sleep and not cry/scream. They never thought about about the neighbours would say. Tough luck, the neighbours will just have to deal with it.

Where’s Changjo? L.joe ‘thought’.

“Oooh, calling for your love huh?” Niel teased.

OH.

Shame.

He said that out loud...

Face palm for the second time today.

“No. He’s the only normal one” L.joe tried to cover up

HE’S TOTALLY MY FUTURE BOYFRIEND. L.joe’s ‘thought’ was supposed to be sarcastic.

 “OH so he’s your future boyfriend?” Chunji began to tease too. Probably payback for the ‘I’m going to hug brownies instead of you. L.joe was trolling. L.joe groaned and screamed on the inside. He should be grateful Changjo wasn’t there to hear or see that all.

“Oh for the love of everything that’s nice in life” L.joe said frustrated at all his so-called friends. “NO BULLYING YOU EVIL PEOPLE”

“Fine diva” Ricky said. It amazed L.joe how they were all younger (excluding C.A.P) but they still were able to get to him like he was the youngest.

There was even a day where they all got to pull pranks on one member of their choice. It’s funny how each time it would be L.joe. What did he ever do to them? Aside from eat most the food, sleep, scream, get stressed and run around the clubroom. He was always nice to them.

“Hey L.joe can you pass me the remote?”

“You have arms and hands, get it yourself lazy”

“L.joe can I try your sandwich?”

“No, I don’t want you to get fatter”

And he says he’s not mean to them. Whenever he has the chance he’ll be as rude as his heart desires.

The five in the room some music and blasted it through the speakers. Everyone was singing along as if it was karaoke. They sounded terrible. They sounded like wailing foxes. They sounded like crying whales. More or less they were all happy.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Changjo reached his destination. C.A.P’s house. Imagine if no one was there. He would run away and die in the corner of his room. Seriously though, he knew to expect a prank or something stupid to happen. Why did he feel he was right to think that? What if they don’t open the door and instead they all throw water balloons at him.

Imagine if they all chose to do some Changjo-bullying-day. That would just be mean. What if there’s like a horror movie on the screen and it’s like purposely there to scare him. Changjo was prepared for all the pranks. Just not the water balloons.

Wait. They wouldn’t even be able to throw water balloons because C.A.P had this shelter thing at the door so it covered the top of him. Lucky him. At least he won’t need spare clothes because of the prank. Then Changjo realised...

He was over thinking for the second time in the day. He stood on the doormat and listened to the very loud noises from inside. Everyone else was there and he was able to hear loud music blasting from speakers.

 He heard a girl’s voice...

Was that SNSD playing?

Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby. Changjo sang in his head.

Yeah he knows the lyrics.

Apparently they all do... even C.A.P. Now that surprised Changjo. He still hasn’t forgotten how when he first joined the club he thought C.A.P was dead. It’s not his fault he slept like the dead. That was one heck of a day for him.

First meetings are something you can’t forget apparently, it was kind of true. He remembered exactly how the first meeting with the club members went. L.joe and him had some little rivalry. Now that he thinks about it... it seemed kind of cute. Like a couple constantly bickering.

Changjo just realised that L.joe was in the house because Changjo had notice the familiar voice that echoed everyday in the clubroom. Was it weird to say he liked L.joe’s voice a lot? Was it just his voice Changjo liked a lot, or was it him in general? He wasn’t too sure which it was.

When Changjo checked his ual orientation...

He was gay.

 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! Thanks for the comments =D This is going to be a 3 part. I know I said some fluff but I guess you guys can wait until the horror movie.

Comment, subscribe or upvote~ Thank you =)