Six;

Let Me In (#WeBelieveInYouKris)

Yifan could only sigh as he got out of the car and pulled his sunglasses away from his eyes. He looked up at the rather plain-looking cafe, hesitating to go in or not. 

But he had to. His father was inside, waiting for him and Mr. Wu hated to be kept waiting. 

Throwing his sunglasses back in the car, he closes the door shut. The car speeds off just as he enters the cafe. The smell of coffee was the first thing he could comprehend in the cafe, but there was nothing interesting inside. It really was a plain cafe, but he heard that the coffee here was just divine. 

And his father likes coffee, just like Yifan. 

His eyes look around, searching for the man he calls 'father', when he does finally see him; they lock eyes and he could read his father's message to him: come here.  

Yifan inwardly groans as he walks over to him.

He sat opposite to his father, a huge mug of white coffee was already placed in front of him. "Drink first, I promise, it's good." his father says, taking a sip from his own mug. 

Yifan does what he's told. He thinks the coffee is alright. 

Neither of the two males say anything for a long time. 

"So," his father taps his fingers against the table and clears his throat before he speaks again. "How's school?" 

Yifan manages to stop himself from snorting. He knows that his father didn't make time for his only son just to talk about how he was doing in school, much more in life. Because his father doesn't care. He never cared. Not the way Yifan wanted him to. 

But, nevertheless, he replies. "School's fine." he says bluntly. 

Mr. Wu continues on tapping his fingers against the table's surface. "I see. Good grades?"

"They're fine." 

"Is the food okay there?"

"The food is fine."

"Are they treating you well?"

At that, Yifan finally locks eyes with his father. He could see the genuine curiosity behind those dark brown eyes. The same eyes his mother had once loved. He sighs and nods. "Yes, the people there are fine." it was only half-true. 

"Ah, I see," his father finally stops asking questions and another wave of silence washes over them. 

Yifan taps his finger impatiently against his mug, waiting for his father to speak. He occasionally looks up at him, but his father has his gaze elsewhere every time he does. During the sixth glance, Yifan sighs, giving up. "Dad-"

"By your behavior today," his father finally speaks, he turns to him and tilts his head. "I take it that.. Lijuang has told you?"

Yifan's palms turn ball into fists as he tries to control the anger building up inside him. "Yeah, she has," he says through gritted teeth. 

Mr. Wu sighs and leans to observe his son, but Yifan looks down before they could lock eyes again. "Look, Kris, it's for the best." his father starts. "Your mother is tired and I'm tired as well. It's already been a month since we last slept under the same roof, and all we do is constantly fight and fight.. we can't keep this up for any longer, Kris." his father sounds broken, and genuinely sad but at that moment, Yifan felt betrayed.

"You told me you wouldn't, even mom told me you wouldn't. But you-you.." Yifan could feel his anger turning into despair and disappointment. He could actually feel the pain inside his chest. "You both li-lied to me!" he says, and it comes out louder than he had expected. 

His father doesn't move a muscle, but he notices that some people are looking at them already. He only sighs. "Kris, please, you must understand. We cannot-"

"You told me you loved her." Yifan spat out, glaring at his father. His hair was slightly covering his eyes, but his father could still see and identify the hatred present in his son's eyes. "You told me that you needed her in your life. You told me that you would never let her go. You told me that you and her would be together, forever, and we'd all be a happy family." Yifan snorts, resisting the urge to cry. He was a man, they were in a public place, and he was in front of his father; he will not cry. "Where's your forever now, dad?" 

The older man only frowns, and his wrinkles are visible around his eyes and mouth. "Kris, please don't be like that. You have to understand. You must understand."

Yifan only glares at him. 

Mr. Wu sighs. 

Seconds turned into minutes, until those minutes stretched out, almost turning into hours. Yifan's coffee is already cold. 

"You can't do anything about it now," his father finally says after a while. "I love your mother but she.. and I, we just can't take it anymore, Yifan. Yuan and yourself should understand this. Whether you two like it or not, your mother and I have already agreed so your opinions don't matter this time."

Yifan lets out a long sigh. "My opinion never mattered to you."

Mr. Wu had barely heard that comment. He ignored it though. "You'll still be heir, you'll still own the company when I'm dead or gone. The company was never truly your mother's anyways."

"I don't want the company," Yifan says. "I want my mother." 

His father's face hardens and his body stiffens, turning rigid. "Well, you can choose to live with her like Yuan. But if you do, I will leave no fortune to you or to your sister." his says with no real emotions. 

Yifan has had enough. With one last scowl at his father, he stands up from his chair, surprising everyone in the cafe. But he doesn't leave just yet. "I hate you." he says and he means it. 

With that, he walks out of the cafe feeling ty and useless. 

/\|\/

Sooyeon had seen everything. From the very start in where he had entered the cafe doors, calm and collected, to the last part in where he walked out; angry and enraged. 

When she stole glances at him, talking to the man, she would see him talking angrily and he looked annoyed in doing so. She was curious as to what their topic was, but she knew better than to eavesdrop. But the look on his face when he stood up and stormed out... Sooyeon could never forget that side of him.

She had to admit she was worried. Whatever he was talking about with that man, who she assumed was his father, it had made Yifan angry and she knows what the word 'angry' does to him. It makes him lose his senses and makes him look for a fight. 

But, should she be worried? Yifan was assigned under her guidance in school and whatever happened to him, Sooyeon would be blamed. But what if something happened to him outside of the school? Would she still be blamed? Would she be in trouble? 

She thought it selfish of her to actually be thinking that, but she couldn't help it. Should she run after him? But she was at work. Should she perhaps talk to him in Monday? Maybe by then he would have a fresh new batch of bruises and cuts. Or, should she just let him be? No, that wasn't an option, if he couldn't find a fight, he'd probably end up beating himself up. 

Despite Yifan being arrogant, cold, and annoyingly smarter than her.. he was still her responsibility. And, responsibilities were responsibilities, even when they're in the form of people. Sooyeon wasn't that cold hearted, sometimes she had a warm heart. 

She had only one choice. She had to go after that guy. 

She sighs as she goes to the back, looking for their manager or not, the head employee. The manager of the cafe isn't there, so she settles for the head employee. "Taeyeon," she says the girl's name extra soft. "Tae-taeyeon,"

"Yes?" the girl named 'Taeyeon' says, an eyebrow raised. "What's the matter?" 

Sooyeon opens , but when nothing came out, she closed it. Should she really go after Yifan? What if he was long gone? What if he rode a taxi or a car and sped off somewhere else? What if she'll end up getting kidnap or worse? 

"Sooyeon, what is it?" Taeyeon asks, snapping Sooyeon back to reality. 

The other girl looks up and blinks a few times. "Um, I-I-.. nothing." Sooyeon suddenly bows and smiles wide. "Never mind." she walks away quickly and she's thankful that Taeyeon doesn't follow her.

"Stupid," Sooyeon mutters to herself when she gets back behind the counter. Deep inside, she hopes that Yifan is okay. 

\/|/\

Yifan's fist came contact with the man's jaw before he got pulled aside and a punch was thrown at him, but he had dodged it easily. 

He ducks again when the other man delivers another blow. Yifan stands up and kicks the man's stomach, sending him flying to the other side of the alley. One of his friends was already sprawled on the ground, and soon, not ten seconds later, two of them were already unconscious on the ground. 

Only one remained. 

Yifan looked at the guy as if he was going to kill him and rip him apart with his bare hands. Yifan could do that, oh, he could definitely do that. 

"Ahh~, please, no!" the guy whimpers in front of him, and he was actually shaking because of fear. He looked up at Yifan, his face already red and swelling up. "No, no, no, I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry we-"

Yifan punches him straight in the jaw and the guy is knocked out unconscious within seconds. He unclenches his fist, opening up his palms. He places his lighter back in his pocket and looks at the three men he had just beaten up. 

"You shouldn't of done that, Yifan." a voice says, startling him a little. 

He turns around and is taken aback. "What are you doing here?" he asks, obviously bewildered and shocked. "How long have you been standing there?" 

Wu Yuan shakes her head and leans against the post, looking at her little brother carefully. He had a few cuts on his hands, but other than those, he was unharmed after that fight. "I saw everything." she says. Yifan just stares at her with no emotions this time. "When you passed by that boutique I was in, I knew something was up. You looked angry Yifan, why's that?" there were a lot of things that annoyed Yifan, but what actually made him so angry this time that he had to look for a fight? His siter was curious. 

Yifan walks past her, but Yuan follows him. "Dad told me." he simply says. 

Yuan almost stops walking. But she continued on following him. She frowns. "Why are you angry? I'm not angry, just very, very, very sad."

"Well, I'm not like you." he spits out. "Dad fed me with lies, telling me that everything's going to be okay between mom and him. But look! And you!" Yifan abruptly turns around, facing his older sister. Even though she was 23, she was at least a head shorter than him. "You also fed me with lies, you also told me everything was going to be okay." 

"And it will be, Yifan." Yuan looks around and notices a few people staring at them weirdly. She sighs and faces her brother. "Come on, let's talk this in the house. It's too public here." she tells him. 

Yifan doesn't move. "Yuan, why did they do it?" he blurts out. 

His older sister looks back at him, an eyebrow raised. "What?" 

"Why did they finally agree?" 

Yuan frowns again. "Come on, let's-"

"Jeijei, why?" 

Her heart soften a bit, and so does her features when she heard her little brother calling her that. Yifan hasn't called her 'jeijei' in a very long time and it felt good to hear it from him again. This past few weeks, Yuan has been so busy with her own life that she hasn't even been able to take care of her little brother. But now, she realizes that Yifan needs her this time as much as she needed him. They had to go through this together.  

"They're tired, Kris." Yuan says, taking a step closer to him. "Mom and dad.. they're tired of each other. They never agree on anything these days and they always fight. Wouldn't you get tired of you were in there shoes?" 

He frowns along with his sister. "I would.. but why did they give up so easily?" 

"I don't know, Kris. I don't know." she says truthfully. "But, come on, let's go home first." she grabs him by the wrist and Yifan lets her drag him, not knowing where they were actually going. "I parked the car in front a few blocks away."

Yifan stays quiet and doesn't even utter out a single word. 

"Dad told me you wanted to be with mom," he finally says when Yuan was in the middle of driving them back to their house. "Is that true, jei?" 

Yuan nods, feeling a little guilty. "I won't be the heiress of the company anyway, and mom treats me way better than dad does. So.." Yuan shrugs. "It seems fair." 

"How about me? Where do I go?" 

Yuan sighs, thinking of the right words to say to him. She slowly opens after a few seconds, and soft says; "That's up to you. Mom and dad will let you decided, and now, they're giving you time until they are officially separated." 

Okay, that was not her best choice of words. But she had already said those, and she sadly cannot take them back. 

Yifan was crushed inside. Officially separated. His parents, who had been happily married for nearly 25 years, were going to divorce in less than 25 days. 

The thought about their divorce filled him with sadness. 

That night, he had to sleep with his sister. 

That night, Yuan had to comfort Yifan. 

That night, the two siblings cried together.