Twelve;

Let Me In (#WeBelieveInYouKris)

Sooyeon had her back against the wall of the janitor's closet with Yifan right beside her. "So, do you understand now?" she asks him. It had took her a good ten minutes to regain her composure and to go back to her normal self. She wasn't crying or bawling anymore like what she had done a few minutes before, but her eyes were still sore and red.

But nevertheless, Sooyeon had already almost forgotten about her crying just a while ago. About how Yifan held her, about how Yifan had reassured her, about how she told him to just hold her in his arms, and about how he had obeyed without hesitaiton.

He turns to look at her through his oversized sunglasses that was covering half of his face. "Kind of." he admits. 

She sighs but nods, understanding. "I don't want you to end up like Kim Joonmyeon, to sum it all up. I barely forgave myself the last time, what more if you were to die for the very same reason?" 

Yifan chuckles. "That won't happen."

Sooyeon rolls her eyes, still not looking at him. "Why are you laughing? It's no laughing matter, Yifan."

"I can't help it." Yifan shrugs and just stares ahead. "It just seems ridiculous. I wouldn't die. Not for anyone." 

"That's a little selfish."

Yifan shrugs again. 

Silence.

"Why do you cut yourself then?"

"I already told you."

"Is it just because of that reason?"

"Yes."

"So, you don't want to die?"

"Not yet."

Sooyeon smiles. "That's reassuring."

Yifan does too. "It is right?" he chuckles lightly as he faces her. The sunglasses still covering half of his face. "You don't have to worry about me, Sooyeon."

It was then that Sooyeon turned to look at him and she tries to look past those sunglasses, to  look at his eyes. "Oh, but I still have to."

"Why?"

She sighs and weakly points at his sunglasses. "Take them off." she says the line she's been wanting to say ever since she had seen him this lunchbreak. Before she even sees his black eye, she had already knew he had gotten himself into trouble.

Yifan doesn't even hesitate when she commands him to take them off. He just does. After hearing her story and seeing her cry, and after kissing her for all the wrong reason, it's the least he could to her. He doesn't lower his head, he just stares at her as she stares back at him. Or, rather, as she stares at his black eye.

"What was the reason behind this?" she lightly taps on the bruised part, mocking him. "You eye was fine when I saw you last night."

Yifan flinches but he doesn't get angry. "Ran into some drunk men who were provoking this guy. So I," he pauses and then shrugs, a childish kind of smile plastered on his face. "Just took care of them. Hurt my eye in the process, but you know, it's okay. At least I did it to do something good."

Sooyeon smiles, agreeing. "Yeah you did. I was worried that you had gotten angry again and looked for a fight. But I'm relieved that it wasn't the reason."

He raises an eyebrow. "Why would I be angry and look for a fight?"

Sooyeon shrugs. She then slightly frowns when she thought back to their conversation last night, in which Yifan had stomped away in the end, sounding angry and annoyed with her. "I don't know.. probably because of me? I mean, I thought that was the last straw for me when we encountered each other last night."  

"Oh, well, I was a little annoyed. But that wasn't the case, not at all." he says, the smile still on his face. 

"Well, I'm still awfully sorry. For everything." Sooyeon bites on her lower lip and fumbles with the hem of her blazer, thinking of the right words to say. "I.. on the very first day, I wasn't so kind to you and I stereotyped you. I'm sorry. And, for always bugging you. I'm sorry for that too. For always annoying you and for openly complaining to you, I'm sorry. For when I slapped you just a while ago, I'm sorry. I really am. And for.. for soaking your undershirt and blazer, I'm really sorry for that too." Sooyeon bows her head for a good three seconds before she looks up at him.

Yifan shakes his head. "No, you don't have to be. It's alright. I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for always pushing you away and for shouting at you. I'm sorry. For letting you deal with me and with my bad temper, I'm sorry. For causing trouble and for tiring you whenever you think of me, I'm really sorry, Sooyeon." the sincerity behind his eyes is too much for Sooyeon. And he doesn't need to say anything more to convince her that he truly is sorry too.

"And for kissing you.. I-" Yifan pauses, thinking about their kiss. Her lips were so soft, and so kissable that if she had only let him, Yifan wouldn't hesitate on kissing her again. And so a sly smirk appears on his handsome face. He shrugs. "Well, I'm not really sorry for that."

"Ah, seriously!" Sooyeon is laughing as she punches him lightly by the shoulder, amused by him. Yah!"

Yifan laughs along with her. "Alright, I'm sorry for assuming that you liked me. I'm sorry for that."

Sooyeon grins, nodding at him. "Friends?" she suggests.

Yifan smiles softly. "How about we start over?"

"I'm Jung Sooyeon." she sticks out her hand, for a handshake.

He gladly accepts. "Hello. I'm Wu Yifan, call me Kris if you'd like."

The skin contact makes both of them shudder inside. Jung Sooyeon's hands were smaller and softer compared to Yifan's.

She pulls her hand away from his. "I'll stick to Yifan."

"Then I'll stick to Sooyeon." 

The two of them smiled at each other, glad to be starting out over again. 

/\|\/

Before they knew it, Monday morning had came and Yifan walks in the room, his eye already back to it's normal state thanks to the cream he had used to treat it. The bruise around his eye could no longer be visible and people wouldn't suspect a thing.

As he passes by Sooyeon's table, he mutters a greeting to her. "Good morning, Sooyeon." 

Sooyeon was busy reading and she didn't even notice he arrived until he had whispered to her. When she looks up, he's not there anymore. Sooyeon turns her head to the side and sees Yifan sitting down on his seat, a small smile on his face. Sooyeon smiles back at him, giggling a little bit as she goes back to her reading.

"Oh my god," Kim Hyuna mutters to herself when she sees the whole thing happening. From Yifan entering the room to Sooyeon returning back to her book. Hyuna turns to one of her friends, a wicked smile on her face. "Did you see that? Oh my god, Kris had actually smiled at her! Just at her!" she whispers, intrigued by what she had just saw. 

Hyuna looks from Yifan to Sooyeon and then back to Yifan, who was wearing headphones to listen to music. "Look, Sooyeon isn't even confiscating his headphones. Those aren't suppose to be allowed!" she practically squeals, but lucky, neither of the two people that she was talking about, looks up. "Something's up, and I.. I know it."

"What? They're dating?" one of her friends suggest, looking at the two who both had their heads down. "Oh, come on, Hyuna, dating? Them? Sooyeon? Maybe they just like each other."

Hyuna tilts her head to the side as he faces Yifan and then her eyes wander to Sooyeon's figure. "Well, Sooyeon has never dated anyone as far as I know. Maybe that Joonmyeon guy from sophomore year but.. next to him, nobody. Hm, strange." 

"Well, whatever their relationship status is, we have to just wait and see until they admit it their selves." another one of her friends suggests.

Hyuna could only nod. "Yeah, hmm, you're right. But to be honest, they'll make a cute couple." she faces the front just when their teacher arrives, and that's when everybody scrambles back to their seats.

Yifan keeps his headphones and phone while Sooyeon closes her book and places it under her desk. 

"Grab a sheet of paper. We'll be having a twenty-item review on yesterday's lesson." 

The whole class groans. 

\/|/\

"So, you got a higher score than me in Science, refuse to sit with me in lunch, and now you ditch me after class. Aish, Jung Sooyeon," a voice behind her, made Sooyeon jump and look back. But she only groans when she finds out it's only Yifan. 

"You startled me." she says. 

Yifan chuckles, the sound making Sooyeon smile instantly. "I'm sorry." he says in that perfect Korean of his. Sooyeon was now beginning to appreciate how intelligent Yifan really was. Rather than doing good in his studies, he could also spaek Mandarin, Cantonese, Thai, English and now, Korean. "I'll walk you home."

Sooyeon sends him a faint smile. "Home doesn't describe where I live." she mutters, but he still heard it. 

"What?" 

"Nothing." she says, shaking her head. 

Yifan shrugs."Suit yourself. Why are you going home so early? It's barely even five." 

Sooyeon sighs. "I don't know. I.. I don't usually go out." 

"That's because you have no friends." 

She rolls her eyes. "I-"

"You know, come to think of it, even though you're the class president, you never seem close to any of the other students. And you're the president of the student body government, yet.. I've never seen you with anyone before. Not even the vice-president or anyone of the officials." he says.

Sooyeon shakes her head. Ever since their little talk in the janitor's room last Friday, Yifan has been opening up to her little by little. He would always approach her first this time, and whenever he did, he would smile directly at her. Sooyeon found this as an improvement between them. They no longer quarrel or bicker, but they agreed on more things than they thought and for the first time since she had met him, Yifan has been grinning from ear to ear lately.

"I like to be alone. But sometimes," Sooyeon sighs, kicking a rock to the side as she has her head down low, looking at her shoes. "My fondness for being alone isolates me from everyone else. I never bother them, and most of the time, they don't bother me."

Yifan looks down at her, frowning. "Are you saying, you don't want to have friends?"

"I'm not saying that at all." she says.

He smiles. "Good. I'll be your friend."  

Sooyeon looks at him with a raised eyebrow. "What?" she asks, almost laughing. 

Yifan smiles wider. "Aren't we friends? That's we are right now.. right?" 

She nods at him, laughing. "Ye-yeah. I guess so." 

"Why are you laughing?" 

"It's weird. I never thought we'd be friends." 

"Me too. I thought you were really annoying you know-"

"You told me." she cuts, rolling her eyes. 

Yifan laughs, his eyes turning into crescent moons as he did and Sooyeon finds him absolutely attractive when he laughs. He looks like a child, and for once, he's enjoying it. Laughing. "But actually, you're quite amusing Sooyeon. Despite the fact that you're short, you're still-ow!"

Sooyeon whirls around and hits him on his right arm repeatedly. "Yah! So what if I'm short?!" 

"Ah, sorry, sorr-ow! Stop, I'm sorry." but he was laughing. 

"You're so mean! I'm not that short!" and she was laughing too.

The both of them walked the city streets together, side by side, and Sooyeon knew it was only the beginning of something greater to come to them.