Five;

Let Me In (#WeBelieveInYouKris)

The next morning during their very first period, their teacher had made them pull out their notebooks and pens for a surprise pop quiz. 

Sooyeon had aced it of course, she had the perfect score. But, she wasn't the only one. She and Yifan had to share the limelight, because he too got perfect. 

The teacher and so were the rest of the class were quite impressed, except Sooyeon. She was just plain annoyed. Yifan had been in the school for less than a week but still, he had managed to catch up in no time. 

Sooyeon thought that maybe it ran in the blood. The Chinese were always smart people. Either in academics or any other field, the Chinese would excel. She tried to ignore this fact, that Yifan was indeed smart, but she couldn't. In every test and quiz they had, she would be reminded that Yifan was on her level academic-wise no matter how much of a troublesome kid he was.

He made it up with his grades. 

Sooyeon started to think that maybe he too had aced the entrance exam, adding another factor to why he should be transferred here in Cheongdam when the school doesn't even accept transferees. 

So, Wu Yifan basically had everything; looks, money and brains. Too bad he just didn't have the personality. 

He was still so cold and so distant. Still so unapproachable. Behind those flirty smiles and bashful winks, behind those facades; was a cold person with a heart of ice that nobody could seem to melt. 

Not even the most innocent or purest of girls in the school had managed to get a hold of him. Numerous girls had already asked him out, but he would all reject them and decline their offers no matter how much they pleaded and begged. 

It didn't matter what status you had, who you are, what you were or who your parents were. To Yifan, everyone was equal and he treated them all fair and square especially the girls. 

Sooyeon thought that this was all outrageous, but she couldn't find a single rule that related to girls asking boys out. So, she could do nothing but just sit back and watch. 

Once in a while, she would catch Yifan staring at her. 

No, probably not 'staring'.. but more like glaring. 

His eyes would lock with her's sometimes and he would deeply gaze into them, showing no signs of any emotions that Sooyeon could read. He confuses her sometimes, but Sooyeon doesn't really care. All she cares about is Yifan staying out of trouble so that she'll have less worries. 

"Give me the three rival kingdoms of the old days," their History teacher says, looking at the class and waiting for someone to answer. 

Sooyeon's hand shots up before anyone else's. But before the teacher could call her name, someone answers. "Koguryo, Paekche and Shilla." it was Yifan.

Sooyeon looks back and glares at him. She places her hands down. 

"Very good Mr. Wu, but next time, please do raise your hand." as she says it, the teacher doesn't sound the least bit annoyed at all. She clears and continues on with the oral recitation. "Now, we all know these three kingdoms are in the peninsula, but which one occupies the Northen half of the peninsula?" she looks up and sees Sooyeon hands high up in the air. "Ah, yes, class president."

"Koguryo." Sooyeon says simply. 

The teacher nods. "Good, good." she looks down on the book she's holding and reads again. "Now, during the Yi dynasty, a dance was made famous due to it-"something catches the teacher's eye. Someone had already raise their hand. She calls out Yifan. 

"The masked dance or talch'um." he says, earning another glare from Sooyeon. It seemed like the whole class noticed this except for Yifan. 

Sooyeon looks back to the front, ignoring everyone's claps and sniggers. Some of the boys were sniggering, noticing how annoyed Sooyeon was right then. 

Their lesson on Korean History went on and on with only Yifan and Sooyeon answering the questions. Taking turns in doing so which actually irritated her to no end. 

The teacher both gave them plus points since they both deserved it, though Sooyeon thought she should have more since she answered 8 questions and Yifan only answered 7 so far. The last one didn't count because the bell had already rang. 

Once History was over, it was already their lunch break. Sooyeon walked out of the classroom angrily, stomping towards the cafeteria. Upon seeing her, the other students quickly backed away to the sides, creating a path just for her to walk through.

Sooyeon was in a bad mood. 

Back at the classroom, Kim Hyuna was laughing at how the Jung Sooyeon reacted during their History class. "Did you see her face? Omo, it was priceless!" she laughs along with her friends. "Wow," her eyes land on Wu Yifan just before he too goes out of the classroom. 

Hyuna bites on her lower lip as she turns back to her friends. "That Yifan is something alright. He may be bad, but he is no doubt smart." 

"I heard he got a perfect score on one of the quiz."

"He got a higher score than Sooyeon once too." 

"Really?" Hyuna raises an eyebrow at that. "Wow. Dangerous, rich, hot and smart. Wu Yifan, what do you lack?" 

/\|\/

When it was already dismissal in the afternoon, Sooyeon did her regular schedule. Waiting for the cleaners to be finished cleaning before she could lock the room and go straight home.

After she was satisfied with the cleanliness of the room, she let the cleaners go home and locked the room. She was already walking out of the building when she overhead a conversation of a group of freshmen girls. 

"He's so perfect right?" one of the girls squeals in delight. "I heard that he's very smart too!"

"Oh, really? Waaa~ oppa is the definition of perfection!" another one says dreamily. 

The girls laugh, making Sooyeon roll her eyes and shake her head. "Do you think he's interested in someone right now?" 

Sooyeon scoffed. Seriously? How could anyone want to date him?! Sooyeon saw no real reason on why. Yes, he was handsome, smart and rich but he was a troublemaker. He had a bad reputation that matched with his bad attitude and boys like Wu Yifan only meant trouble. 

Sooyeon was still annoyed by the fact that someone was actually smarter than her. Three months ago, during the start of school, she was doing just fine and she knew she was going to be the valedictorian of the class. But then Yifan came in and she knows that she has to work even harder now to get that title; valedictorian.

Yifan wasn't just a nuisance to her now, or a responsibility.. he was also competition. Sooyeon can't deny the fact that he is smart, because he really is. She still can't accept though he might be just smarter than her. She can't let him be valedictorian, that was her dream ever since she was young! She had plans for the future, dreams for herself.  

She wasn't going to let Yifan ruin all her dreams and plans. No, there was no way she would allow that. 

/\|\/

It was Saturday already and Sooyeon had gotten up at 7:30 am sharp. She had prepared everything she needed yesterday, even the clothes she was going to wear at work. After taking a bath, she cooked herself breakfast and ate. She left the house with a full stomach and she didn't even bother to say goodbye to Solgi. 

And, she wasn't planning to. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. 

Sooyeon was walking towards Dinari Cafe, a popular cafe amongst the adults and senior citizens in Seoul. It was ironic since the people working there were students and teenagers just like her. 

Saturday mornings were always the best for Sooyeon. The sun was shining and she could even hear birds chirping in nearby trees. Only if Sooyeon's life was as bright as the day ahead. 

The smell of roasted coffee beans got to her when she entered through the back door of the cafe. "Good morning," she said to her co-workers who all greeted back in return. Once Sooyeon put on her apron and the hat that came with their unifrom, she went behind the counter and started her shift for the day. 

"Sooyeon," her manager appeared around the corner, smiling at her. "I take it you'll be here all day?" he asked her. 

Sooyeon nods. "Well, yes, I have to make it up for being absent during Tuesday and Thursday last week."

"Ah, good good, someone I could actually trust to look after the shop." he smiles knowingly, though Sooyeon didn't quite get the meaning behind what he had said. "You won't be taking a leave next week too, right?" 

She shakes her head. "Not anymore." 

Her manager smiles. "Good, carry on now." he says before walking away from her. 

Sooyeon hides a smile as she shakes her head. Her manager loves her. Well, not romantically, but in a sense where in her manager is in love with how hardworking and good Sooyeon is at this job. Even though she was just a barista in this cafe, she had earned and saved a lot already. 

She sighs out just as a customer enters the doors.