Sixteen;

Let Me In (#WeBelieveInYouKris)

A hearty laugh escapes from Sooyeon's soft lips as she walked through the streets of Seoul. Her eyes were squinting, smiling along with her lips as she covered her face, fanning it a little from time to time. "Awe, Yifan, but I told you already!" she says in between fits of laughter. She turns around, walking backwards now as she faces the Chinese boy that was trailing behind her, he was in a rather sour mood. "I have work to do this Saturday." she says before stopping in her tracks, smiling at him. 

Yifan huffs, also halting, then he crosses his arms across his chest, turning his head to the side so she could only see his side profile. Standing there in the middle of the street with a pose like that, Sooyeon couldn't find anything more funny than a childish Wu Yifan. "But, please? Can't you skip work for a while? There's this-"he sighs, facing her with creased eyebrows and it only makes Sooyoen laugh. "-stupid meeting dad wants me to attend so I could.. uh, see what's it going to be like when I become the CEO or something like that. I don't really know exactly what he said, but it was along the lines of that." 

Sooyeon was still walking backwards, not minding if the people that passed by her gave her strange or annoyed looks. She resorted to looking only at Yifan in front of her than their mean stares. "You should listen to your dad more. And a company meeting? Oh, that's great training for you, junior." she says, managing another airy laugh. "You should go." 

He raises an eyebrow at her choice of words before he scoffs. "'Junior'? Seriously, Jung?" Yifan shakes his head, ruffling his hair in the process. When he looks back at her, his eyes are smiling along with his lips. He was showing off his pearly whites and by golly, Sooyeon had never seen such perfect and white teeth like his. "You're so random." 

Sooyeon snorts, rolling her eyes. "Look who's talking. You're the more random one between the two of us." she says, eyeing him with a pointed look. "Don't deny."

Yifan doesn't say anything to that. Instead, he purses his lips and his eyebrows are knitted together once more as he averts his gaze on her shoes. Which were sneakers; converse to be exact. They matched the color of their uniform, navy blue. And her shoelaces were also untied. "Sooyeon, you should tie your shoelaces now. And who where's sneakers to school these days?" he says, never failing to irate her with his snarky comments and retorts. "That has to be breaking the school's dress code." Yifan rolls his eyes.

Sooyeon does the same to him. "Well, for your infor-"before she could finish her sentence however, Sooyeon finds herself falling down on her bottom ungracefully as she trips over her own untied shoelaces and before Yifan could even catch her, the pain from her lower region shoots up and makes her wince. "Ouch.." was the only thing she could say at that moment. She tries to stand up, but she finds her legs to be too weak at that moment. 

"So-Sooyeon," Yifan rushes (naturally) to her side, aiding her and trying to help her to stand up. "Are you okay? I told you to tie them! Why didn't you even your normal black school shoes? Why did you wear these?" he was scolding her but at the same time, Yifan was concerned for her. Anyone could tell that. Even some of the passerbys that happened to witness Sooyeon's fall were shocked and they were about to help her, but then Yifan came in the picture and helped her himself. They all thought he was a nice boyfriend. 

But of course, it was only from their point of view. Yifan was only being a concerned friend. 

"Does it hurt?" he asks her when he helps her stand up. He notices Sooyeon limping, and her left foot was hovering an inch or so above the ground. His lips are in a thin line as he slowly snakes his right arm around her waist, securing her in his hold. She was so petite and shorter than him that Yifan had to crouch down a little just to encircle his arm around her tiny waist. "You can still walk right? I told you to tie your shoelaces." 

Despite the embarrassing situation, Sooyeon manages to conjure another laugh from . But this one sounded a little dry and bitter than the rest. "I-you should've told me sooner." she says, trying to turn the tables between them. Sooyeon was in obvious pain, but it was pain that she could handle and she knew that it was pain that would go away in a matter of minutes. But pain was pain, and pain hurts. 

She would wince from time to time as they continued to walk, more slowly, with Yifan supporting her around the waist. Sooyeon had a hand placed on his right shoulder to balance herself as she limped her way to her apartment. The gestures were awkward and stiff for the both of them but there was nothing they could really do, Yifan needed to help her and Sooyeon needed his help. 

"Oh, so it's my fault now?" Yifan says, amused. He even manages a chuckle. "You shouldn't wear sneakers in the first place. Isn't that breaking a dress code at school?" he asks, bringing back their previous topic from a while ago.

Sooyeon shakes her head. "No way! There is specifically nothing in the rules that relates to girls not being permitted to wear any type of shoes. Hwang Miyoung wears boots to school, remember? As long as it's dark then you can wear it." she says, defending herself. "And besides, I'm the president of the student body, I can't go around breaking rules."

"Well, they do say that 'if you break all the rules you miss all the fun'," Yifan says rather cheekily when he turns to look down at her, who was shaking her head at him. Yifan laughs a little. "I guess you find fun through obeying the rules then." he states.

"You make me sound like I'm so uncool." Sooyeon says, snorting as she looks up at him.

Yifan grins, returning her gaze by looking down at her, his arm firmly around her waist to help her balance herself as she limped rather than walked. "Oh, you realize that now?" Yifan wasn't smiling anymore when Sooyeon raises her hand and slaps him twice on the arm, almost making him lose his grip on her waist. "Hey, okay, ouch, just kidding." he chuckles before clicking her forehead, earning him a glare from her. "I'm already the one helping you here, jeez. You pretty are uncool if you hit me you know, and during times like these."  

Sooyeon's face contort in confusion as she looks back up at him, tilting her head slightly. "Eh? What'd you mean-"for the second time that day, she didn't get to finish her sentence. 

"When you're a total klutz. Clumsy and just always beaming." Yifan says, his tone indifferent. "Like that last time? In the cafeteria? When you almost spilled your milk on me. Or that other time when you carelessly walked through the newly mopped tiled floors, causing you to slip and almost fall." Yifan laughs, remembering those two incidents while as Sooyeon's ears were turning read at the memories. "When you're not in president-mode, you turn into Jung Sooyeon; the clumsy and bubbly girl." 

To say that Sooyeon was taken aback by his words was an understatement. She was really shocked. She didn't expect for him to say anything like that. Of course, with her having to look over him and be with him from time to time due to the circumstances, she had to put on this image of her being a responsible and perfect leader or maybe even older sister for him to look up to. But Sooyeon hadn't realized that with each passing day, she's showing him more and more of her true side. The real her. 

Sooyeon finds herself smiling when she looks away, her ears still red. "You really see me in that way?" she asks and for the time in a while, she was actually shy around him that she couldn't even meet his gaze.

But of course, Yifan was completely oblivious to this. "Well, yes. I mean, it's the you that I've been seeing more and more these past few weeks." he admits and Sooyeon agreed to his words. 

They were both wrong all along.

Both of them thought that, Sooyeon was pushing Yifan away. That, she was unwilling to let him in. 

But truth be told, neither Sooyeon nor Yifan knew that she was actually opening up to him more and more each day. They had both said so themselves. 

"Hey," Yifan leans his weight onto her for a bit, making her laugh and push him away from her. Yifan smiles, showing his gums and pearly whites as he looks down to meet her gaze. "D'you want a piggyback ride? You're limping has gotten worse. Are you sure you're foot's okay?" concern was etched in his words. 

Sooyeon nods. "It's just feeling a little numb, I'm sure it will go away soon. You don't have to er, carry me or anything. My house is near." she lifts up her right index finger and point to the two-storey brown-bricked building that Yifan had visited a few days ago. It was just a few meters away now. 

Yifan's grip on her waist loosened a little. "Oh, alright." he says. 

They don't say anything after that. When they reach the small gate and stone pathway that led to the building's door, Yifan was hesitant in letting her go and walk already. She was still limping very badly in his eyes. "Do you-"

"I can manage from here." she says to him with a genuine smile, as if she had read his mind. 

Yifan is surprised but nevertheless, he returns her smile. He always does and this time was no different. "I wish you had a phone. So I could text you." he admits without thinking twice. But Yifan continues to smile, unfazed by that 'confession'. 

"That'd be bad. We'd be up all night bickering through our phones." Sooyeon points out, laughing a little. "You better go, the sun is almost setting." she says and at the same time, the two of them look up at the pinkish-purple sky that was turning more and more purple by the second. To there west, they could see the sun slowly taking it's time in setting. 

He finally lets go of her and he takes a step back while he places his hands in his pocket, preventing them from grabbing onto her waist again. He really wanted to walk her to the door, heck, he would even walk her inside her house. But Sooyeon didn't allow that, so Yifan naturally had to obey. "I'll see you tomorrow, then." he smiles. 

"Tomorrow." Sooyeon says, nodding. "We can talk about everything tomorrow." 

Yifan nods, the smile still on his face.

And just like that, they part ways. 

/\ | \/ 

A sweet nose-filling scent lingers in the air when Yifan passes by her to get to his seat. "Morning," he mumbles, only for her to hear because that greeting was exclusively for Sooyeon's ears only.

The said girl smiles, looking up from her textbook to glance back at him when he passes her. Sooyeon decides to close her book and look back a Yifan sitting so leisurely on his seat. The two lock eyes and Sooyeon beams at him. "Good sleep?" she mouths while popping up her thumb.

Yifan laughs a little, nodding. "You?" 

Sooyeon shakes her head, however. " hurts." she says. 

At those two words, Yifan almost guffaws while he shakes his head at her. "Clumsy." he says, resisting the urge to stick his tounge at her like the kid that he really is. So instead, he just rolls his eyes at her in a playful manner. 

"Whatever." she mouths back at him, feigning a look of annoyance.

Yifan only laughs at her once more. 

From the other side of the room, however, a group of students were huddled by the side and were looking suspiciously at both Sooyeon and Yifan. "Are they really dating?" someone asks, but the rest have their eyes occupied to even spare him a glance as one of them answers his question.

"I heard they aren't.. yet," 

"He doesn't go out of the school with anyone but her. I saw them yesterday, leaving the school." one adds.

"Yifan must really like President Jung then." another says and the rest agree. Well, what more could they agree on but that? They didn't know what happened to the two in the course of these past few weeks. So they just naturally assume they started having feelings for each other somehwere in between. On how they have gotten closer is still a mystery to the student body. 

"Hey, stop murmuring over there." a voice snaps at the group of students and all heads turn to the direction, only to see the Vice-President of the classroom; Hwang Miyoung with her hands on her hips, eyeing them all sternly. "Sooyeon won't appreciate it if you keep on talking behind her back."

"Ah, but Miyoung-ah, look how cute they are." Kim Hyuna points out.

Miyoung follows their gazes and sees Sooyeon laughing at something Yifan had said. They were two seats apart and were not even in the same column or row yet they were still talking so freely just like that. Miyoung sighs, turning back to the others. "So? They're pretty close since Sooyeon is keeping an eye on Kris."

"Well, it seems as if Jung Sooyeon is doing much more than that." Hyuna remarks, tilting her head to the side. "So cute, the two of them are."

Miyoung rolls her eyes, knowing that it was practically pointless to convince them now. The signs were too obvious for anyone around the two of them to be ignored. "Just stop assuming things. If you do though, keep those assumptions to yourself." she says before walking away, shaking her head at them. 

It wasn't long after Miyoung let them be that their teacher had arrived into the classroom. As soon as she stepped on the riser, everyone was already scrambling back to their seats and Sooyeon had to face front again, cutting her conversation with Yifan short. 

The first activity for the morning was to be done by pairs, and the teacher declared it as 'pick your on partners', meaning they had the freedom to chose whoever they wanted. Sooyeon had Hwang Miyoung or Kim Hyoyeon in mind since they were the most cooperative and responsible ones in the room besides her. 

When Sooyeon turns her head to Minyoung's seat, the latter seemed to be thinking the same thing. Sooyeon smiles, standing up from her seat to head over to Miyoung but before she could even take a step forward, a giant mass blocks her way. 

"Sooyeon! Kris here doesn't have a partner." Hyuna came from behind Yifan, smiling rather suspiciously in Sooyeon's eyes. "I already have, um, Miyoung so.." Hyuna unexpectedly pushes Yifan forward. 

Sooyeon only laughs before looking up at him. "You want to be partners?"

Yifan rubs his neck while he takes a step back, nodding. "Sure, if you're up for it. Hyuna just came out of nowhere and pushed me towards you, just so you know by the way."

She shakes her head. "It's so like her to do that. She's trying to set us up." 

"What?"

"Nothing." Sooyeon only smiles while she takes his hand into her's. "Come on, let's go work at the back where there's more space." she suggests and Yifan could only do nothing but follow.

Unknowingly, Hyuna and Miyoung were watching their every move and Hyuna laughs to herself when she had seen Sooyeon holding Yifan's hand so casually. "Ah, see? I think they're a couple already." due to her glee and feels, Hyuna claps her hands and faces Miyoung with a huge grin.

Miyoung only rolls her eyes. "Oh, Hyuna." 

/\ | \/

As the lunch bell rang, Sooyeon got up from her seat and placed her pen down to go out of the room. She looks back and smiles when she sees Yifan was already walking towards her. "Let's eat?" he asks her with a smile.

For the two of them, it secretly meant; let's have lunch together?

Sooyeon doesn't really get why he has to even ask, because she'd always say 'yes' all the time. "Of course." she says, walking with him side by side just like every other day during lunch period.

They almost ate together every lunch now for the past week. Lunch and dismissal were the only times they could talk freely to each other without having to worry about their classmates or anyone else. When the weather was nice, they would usually eat outside at the picnic tables if they weren't occupied unlike these past few days. But the sun hasn't come out during noon for two days now so they resorted in sitting inside, where a jungle existed.

It was always so noisy and hectic inside the cafeteria and Sooyeon would sometimes scold rule-breaking students. She did that every time she sees one and Yifan doesn't even stop her, he actually enjoys watching her be all president-mode.

"You know what I have in mind for the Winter Ball?" Sooyeon asks when they settled down to their usual table at the far corner of the cafeteria. Strangely, nobody seemed to sit there these days besides them. 

Yifan naturally takes the seat across from her's. "What is it?" he asks, too immersed into the food in front of him to even give Sooyeon fifty percent of his attention. 

"I was thinking something like winter wonderland. You know?" Sooyeon says, and the last two words were in English, making Yifan look up at her. "Like, white is the theme and everyone has to wear at least something that is white." 

"I thought you didn't care about the ball." he says, suppressing a snort. 

"Not really. I mean, I'm not the one who's going to organize it.. I asked some other people to do the necessary preparations, and I'd just supervise." she explains with a shrug at the final word.

"Mhm, right." 

Sooyeon bites on her lower lip, almost chewing on it as she looks at him, who wasn't returning her gaze back. A small smile finds it's way on her lips as she spoke again. "But I thought, why don't you come with me?" she asks, her tone indifferent yet she was beaming at him when she asked that.

Yifan was a little taken aback. He widens his eyes by the slightest bit and points at himself. "Me? Go with you? Well, better get in line first, Sooyeon." 

This makes her roll her eyes. "As long as I'll be first in line then sure." she says, deciding to play along with him.

But Yifan scoffs. "Ha-ha. Not happening. I have something going on in that week, and it's really a must that I attend it so I don't think I'd be at the winter ball. Anyway, is it compulsory to be there?" 

To say that Sooyeon was down-hearted when she registered in his words was exactly correct. She had thought about going to the ball with him as friends, but now that she hears him say he couldn't go with her, down-hearted is really the best word to describe what she was feeling. "No." she says, looking down at her food. "It's not really compulsory." 

"Oh, alright. And hey, don't be sad." he teases her and Sooyeon admits she's amazed at how easy he could pick up her feelings and emotions, as if he could already read her like a book. "Let's hang out tomorrow." 

Sooyeon laughs a little before leaning back in her chair. "I've told you. I have work. Just stop being so stubborn for once, alright? Just go to the meeting." she tells him.

"But meetings are the worse." he groans.

Sooyeon laughs again. "Oh, I know how you feel. But really, they're not-"

"Ahem." 

Both Yifan and Sooyeon turn their heads to the voice, only to find out that it was their classmates; Hyuna and Miyoung. Hyuna was smiling brightly as her eyes darted from Yifan to Sooyeon while behind her, Miyoung had her arms crossed and she was giving Hyuna a pointed look from the back. "Sorry to interrupt, Sooyeon, but Hyuna here, she-"Miyoung stops and sighs, looking at Hyuna, who immediately starts talking when the latter had stopped.

"I have the perfect idea for the setting you wanted in the Winter Ball this year. Basically, I combined most of the ideas and sketches you handed to me, like you said. I had two ideas while the others contributed as well. Here," Hyuna says sweetly before outstretching her hands that had her sketches, towards Sooyeon. "We expect for your confirmation this afternoon, President Jung." 


Hello, helloooo~ 
So, I decided to make a character's profile firsthand before drama starts to unfold in the next chapter. And the link is here;
This will help clear up the different things I wasn't able to put into the story, they are only little details of the character but they are important as well. So I do hope you read it. ^^ Also, have you read 'Sinned' by meihuas? Well, she (the author) had made this A & Q where the readers would answer questions about the characters; and the characters of the story would answer it! It was pretty legit and funny and I got to understand the characters more and more through it. I wanted to try one to, but I don't think anybody would even ask me. x) But if I did it, are there any questions you want to ask Kris and Sica? :)