High School Debut #2

Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lying on her bed with a smile on her face, Yoona is glad Taecyeon will be the one helping her on how she can be popular. In that way, she will be in a relationship in no time!

Taecyeon leans back against the chalk board as he drapes his right leg over his left while focusing on Yoona sitting at a desk in front of him. They are alone in an empty classroom to isolate them away from the other students.

“Based on my opinions, I’ve figured why you’ve failed at a glance.”

Yoona nods her head and positions her pen on the diary. “Yes! What is it?”

“But before I begin,” he examines her. “A girl doesn’t ask male students out by asking if they’re interested or asking for their numbers right away. Even so, no one does that anymore because they’ll be creeped out.”

“Huh? I’ve read magazines and it says here to confront boys with confidence and interest,” she points out in her diary.

Taecyeon walks to her table, snatching the diary in his hands browsing through it. No wonder…

“I see,” he scoffs, shooting it into the waste basket.

Yoona stick her hand out and yells, “Nooooooooo!” but grows silent when Taecyeon slam both of his hands on the desk. She leans back as he leans forward.

“As your coach, those things are the ones which make up myths and hence, ends up as a total failure,” he states. “Tell me. If you mix cola, green tea and orange juice together it tastes disgusting right?”

She thinks for a second. “Uh…”

“You don’t have to spare a thought about it! It’s definitely a worst combination!” he adds abruptly.

“Yes,” she nods timidly.

He backs away. “In any case, we’re going to find clothes that’ll suit you.”

She stands up, grinning. “Really? That’s fun! I’ve always worn jerseys and jeans in junior high.”

“Come on, let’s go.”

Taecyeon accompanies Yoona to a few fashion outlets in a shopping mall. They head inside a branded shop where they sell loads of female clothing and accessories. Looking around, Taecyeon explain a few things to Yoona about the seasonal trends nowadays. Believe it or not, Taecyeon comes with style whenever it comes to fashion.

“Yoona,” she jumps at the mention of her name. I like it when he says it. “Let’s choose a couple of stockings and shoes first alright?”

“Okay!”

“We’re getting rid of those runners and socks.”

Next, they move on to outfits that Yoona will wear when she goes out. Taecyeon sit on a couch by the fitting rooms, waiting patiently for Yoona to change into the clothes they’ve both picked.

“How is it?” she asks once she step out of the curtains, biting her lip as she waits for his reaction. A red shirt with white stripes, and light blue skinny jeans. Taecyeon purses his lips, shaking his head. She pouts heading back inside fitting room. Coming back outside with a geo patterned strapless jumpsuit, he covers his mouth to stifle his chuckle.

“This?” she wears a white shirt, then pointing at the floral crossback overalls. “I like it though.”

“Too cute,” he shakes his head again.

Now wearing a black spaghetti strapped lace dress, she draws in a breath before stepping out. “What about this?” saying in a soft, shy voice, pulling a strap awkwardly.

Taecyeon sits back up straightly, taking one full minute to stare at her dress. His eyes travel from her toes, then slowly back up to her adorable face. He notices her blushing slightly. Clearing his throat, he looks away and she gets the hint.

“Okay, this has to work now,” she sighs, staring down at her white jersey top and a black skater skirt.

“It suits you,” he shows a small smile. “It really does.”

Yoona’s frown turns upside down, clapping her hands in glee. “Really!”

“Yes and I think I know what kind of style suits you. Let’s go.”

Moving on, Yoona gets her hairstyle changed when Taecyeon suggests for another type of hairstyle. He informs the hairdresser to change to a style that suits her. Her pigtail braids are untangled and watched her hair be straightened. Add a bit of curls by the tips of her hair, a parting to the left she is in awe at her reflection in the mirror. Taecyeon is left speechless as he sees her new transformation.

“Do I look okay? Taecyeon-ssi?” she snaps her fingers, noticing he appears to be in some kind of daze.

He fakes a cough. “Yeah, you look great,” he stutters.

“So where do we go now?”

“How about I’ll buy the both of us some mango smoothies and head back to my place? We’ll discuss and have a short snack.”

“Yeah, sure that works!” she goes with his idea.

Back at the Ok’s residence, Taecyeon and Yoona sit across each other on the rug by the coffee table in the living room. He sketches a few ideas out on the outfits that suit her the most while she indulges in a tub of vanilla ice cream.

“Never thought Ok Taecyeon would actually do it.”

They turn to the voice, finding three people staring at them. Taecyeon resumes his work on the sketchbook not even flinching at their presence.

“Yoona! This is Nichkhun, you’ve met him right? And this is Seulong,” Tiffany gestures at the respective guys.

Yoona bows her head, pulling her hand out to Seulong. “My name is Im Yoona!”

Seulong shakes her hand willingly. “Im Seulong. Well I guess I found my long lost sister huh?” he teases, an indication to their surnames. “Anyway, what are you guys up to?” he hums, taking a seat on the sofa.

Taecyeon rises from his position, facing Tiffany. “You can help Yoona with her make-up since I can’t do it. Will you?”

Tiffany grabs Yoona’s hand, pulling her up then heading to her room upstairs. “Off we go!”

“Really though, what’s your reason?” asks Seulong.

“What do you mean what’s my reason?” Taecyeon sits back on the rug, ignoring Nichkhun and Seulong’s gazes.

“This is not the typical things you do Taec.”

Taecyeon utters a sigh as a response, choosing not to respond. Meanwhile, the girls are having a separate discussion in Tiffany’s room. Tiffany is putting on some blush on Yoona’s cheek. She just keeps still on the stool.

“Hey Tiffany.”

“Yeah?”

Yoona fiddles with her fingers, hesitating to ask. “I’m just wondering, why is Taecyeon-ssi so…indifferent? Like he’s not a sociable type of person.”

Tiffany’s hand stops for a second to look at Yoona. “You see, Taecyeon oppa is really popular in Dongguk and he still is right now. Most of the girls know him and he was a basketball player too which added on to his fame.”

“But sometimes his kind of popularity causes several troubles. One time his locker was filled with love letters, chocolates and gifts on Valentine’s Day. Another time was when some girls were stalking him, didn’t really care much about his own privacy. And the one that really blew him up was when his girlfriend broke up with him.”

“He had a girlfriend?”

“He did, but it changed when they had an argument. His girlfriend broke up with him because she thought he was cheating her with another girl.”

“How?”

“Oppa didn’t cheat at all,” Tiffany shakes her head. “She saw him kissing with another girl but it’s actually a misunderstanding. It was by force and when Taecyeon oppa noticed his girlfriend, he ran after her and explained with all his might. But she distrusted him too easily, calling him a player.”

Yoona remains silent. Her mind is absorbing the story, feeling sorry for Taecyeon.

“They lost a basketball tournament because of his teammates’ betrayal against him. Since then, oppa becomes distant with girls. He no longer pays any attention to any of them. Well, until now that is,” Tiffany tries to joke but notices Yoona sobbing. “Yoong, what’s wrong?”

Yoona wipes her tears away. “Nothing, it’s just that…” she clears . “I didn’t expect Taecyeon-ssi to face such problems.”

Tiffany smiles. “Actually I’m confused when he agreed to your proposal. I wonder what made him do it,” she whispers. “Anyway, all done!”

Stepping back to examine her work, Tiffany admires the beauty in the mirror. Yoona on the other hand, stares at her face which doesn’t seem like hers at all. She has no idea that she can be this pretty in her life. The make-up isn’t that heavy but the eye liner, complexion and lipstick are visibly obvious enough.

“Yoona…you’re really pretty,” Tiffany folds her arms unable to take her eyes off the mirror.

“Yeah,” is all Yoona says after long minutes of gazing at her own reflection.

“Let’s show it to Taec!”

Tiffany drags Yoona down the stairs, pulling her into the living room where the guys are chatting with each other. 

“Guys! Look!”

The conversations die down once the three boys in the room divert their attention to the girls. Yoona blushes as she takes a moment to watch their reactions. Nichkhun and Seulong sit up straight, their eyes blinking each second. Smiles and grins light up their faces but Yoona pays more attention to Taecyeon. He is staring at her too, appearing surprised.

“Yoona you’re gonna be Dongguk’s princess in no time,” smirks Seulong.

Nichkhun agrees with Seulong. “Looking very appealing. What do you think Taec?” he eyes on his bestfriend.

Taecyeon can’t help but show a smile. “You look beautiful, Yoona,” he admits. Very beautiful.

Yoona giggles at his response. He complimented me. Oh my gosh! “You think so?”

“Of course, it suits you really well. Good job Tiff,” he pats his cousin’s shoulder gently.

However there is something that makes Yoona continue to eye on him. He looks embarrassed somehow by his random notations, like scribbling nonsense on his sketchpad. Yoona bids a short farewell to Seulong and Nichkhun whom she has warmed up to quickly. Taecyeon and Tiffany stand by the gate, waving their hands at Yoona.

“We’ll see you tomorrow at lunch Yoona!” reminds Tiffany.

“Alright, I will! See you guys!”

Tiffany turns her head to Taecyeon who is still watching Yoona walk away to the other side of the street. She smiles, liking how he is beginning to fall head over heels for Yoona. Progress.

Yoona braces herself by the front gate of her school. Is she ready for this? Ready to face the students of Dongguk High with her new appearance? Let’s see.

“Fighting!” she motivates herself, her hand forming into a fist. Now or never, she walks confidently along the path ahead of her. She opens the door which leads to the hall way, tucking loose strands of hair behind her ear.

Gasps.

The only response she gets from the students around her. Most of the students by their lockers have actually stopped what they are doing to sacrifice their time glancing at the young, beautiful student strolling casually past them. Yoona can swear that a few boys are literally drooling, and some even whistling under their breaths. Not to mention, she can feel several girls pointing at her figure in her peripheral vision.

So this is what it feels like.

Why you may ask? Well, first of all Yoona has changed her hairstyle by letting her hair down with soft curly tips by the end, appearing luscious. Second, she gets rid of her glasses replacing them with contacts. Taecyeon advised her so. Third, she has taken some time to put on light make-up, appearing simply attractive in a way. Fourth, her outfit consists of her uniform underneath a navy blue trench coat, sheer black knee high socks that shape her long legs perfectly, and a pair of flat booties. Last but not least, she changes her funky middle school bag into a brown square leather backpack. The ones she can filter out are ‘who is she’, ‘she’s gorgeous!’ and ‘is she knew to our school’.

Someone definitely worth staring at. Yoona reaches her lips, pursing her lips inwardly. She is thanking Taecyeon silently in her head. He is truly wise at fashion indeed.

“Woah there Im Yoona!” she grins at Sooyoung who is looking surprised herself. “Who are you?” she jokes.

“What do you think?” she giggles, twirling around.

Sooyoung shows her a thumbs up. “Looks like you’ve already made a high school debut.”

“Really?” Yoona’s eyes twinkle from Sooyoung’s comment. “All thanks to my coach,” she sticks her tongue out.

“So you really did it huh? Enchanting a kingka under your control?”

“Not really though,” Yoona shrugs. “Okay we have to get to class!”

Even in the classroom, Yoona’s been receiving small notes on her table with their numbers on it. Sooyoung teases her on how she has literally blew the minds of the boys. At the same time, Yoona finds it really amusing. The other day two jerks were looking down on her and now she has them crowding around her table.

Lunch strikes, Yoona spots Tiffany’s table and convinces Sooyoung into joining her. Although some girls and boys are offering them to join at their tables, they decline with ease. Tiffany stands up to hug Yoona.

“You’re looking absolutely stunning Yoong!” she praises. “Come sit with us!”

Tiffany introduces Yoona and Sooyoung to her circle of friends. They meet Jessica, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sunny and Seohyun who is a first year student as well. They also figure out that these

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter