Begin Again

Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Im Yoona rose from her seat and retrieved her bag from the compartment above. She arrived in Korea a little after two in the morning. She made her way to the luggage claim area, waiting patiently for her own luggage. She took her phone out to check if at least someone would pick her up at the airport as early as two-thirty in the morning. But seriously who would actually come at two in the morning? Even she wouldn’t pick someone up in the airport that early. It’s Seoul anyway, she could be smart enough to take the cab. 

She spotted her red suitcase and shuffled over to it to pick it up. Okay, she didn’t know if she was just tired or sleepy but she couldn’t seem to have the strength to pull her suitcase up since it felt like it weighed tons. 

“You look like you need some help,” a stranger picked it up easily for her and brought it down on the floor. “Yoona!” he beamed. 

She couldn’t believe her eyes it’s Taecyeon right in front of her. Taecyeon? Ok Taecyeon? Was she right? Please someone tell her she wasn’t dreaming. 

“What on earth are you doing here Taecyeon?” she folded her arms, raising a brow. 

“Hey I’m on the same flight as you. Just came back from the beautiful Amsterdam,” he stated dreamily. “But of course I had a connecting flights from Rome and Bangkok.”

“So you’ve been on like a…backpacking trip?” 

“You bet! It’s wonderful to explore the world by yourself but of course if you had someone then it will be double the fun.”

“I see…” she trailed off into an awkward silence. “I never expected to see you again.”

Taecyeon’s smile faded as he got the hint. “I’m,” he cleared his throat. “I’m sorry Yoona. I thought I won’t be seeing you after a while too.” 

Taecyeon and Yoona were an amazing couple in the past. Even their friends admitted they suited each other so well because they were simply, in love with each other and everything else seemed perfect in their own little world. He treated her like she was his princess and she felt like she was lucky to have a nice and kind prince charming to herself. It was like a fairytale to say the least. But of course, not all love lives are smooth sailing. Everything fell apart the moment Yoona caught Taecyeon cheating on her. And how did she know? Taecyeon no longer paid much attention to her princess, he was in a state of neglect and he just couldn’t be bothered to keep up with their relationship. 

“Taecyeon how dare you! Why are you doing this to me?” she was torn apart, her heart was hurting too much she did nothing but cry. “What did I do wrong?”

“Nothing Yoona!” he yelled back. “I just can’t do this anymore okay? I’m tired of you being all over my during times where you freak out about two missed calls or a dinner date I forgot about.”

“Because you’re with me Taec! Does that fact not ring into your stupid head?”

“I guess so.”

She couldn’t stand it, her palm smacked right across the side of his face. “What did Yeonhee do to you? Why are you suddenly changing into an when you met her at your workplace?” she demanded. 

“I fell out of love Yoona! I lost interest in you so please leave Yeonhee out of this.”

“Oh so my feelings don’t matter anymore?”

“I believe so,” he replied coldly. “So don’t waste your time with me any longer.”

Yoons felt like dying. She didn’t know he dared saying this to her. “So that’s how it was…she was obviously a better choice for you than me. It must be good when you had a chance to sleep with her.”

Taecyeon raked his fingers into his hair. “Yoona please leave. I don’t want to hurt you,” his voice suddenly grew tired. 

“You already did Taecyeon,” she diverted her gaze away from him. “Don’t you ever come close to me again.”

Taecyeon saw Yoona slam the door shut behind her. He beat the wall as hard as he could not even mind the skin on his knuckles that were bleeding. It was all his fault, he knew it too damn well. 

It was a long six years since they’ve last met each other. But here they were again meeting each other for the first time in the airport. A couple since they were in their teens  but now just a pair of strangers in their late twenties. 

“I have to go,” she mumbled walking forward while she dragged her heavy suitcase behind her. She felt tears stinging her eyes so she had to leave quick. Taecyeon sighed but he ran up to her, blocking her way. He didn’t dare touch her because he remembered her telling him he couldn’t lay a finger on her. And he was respectful enough to obey her. 

“Yoona, can I take you home? You’re having trouble with your suitcase.”

“No I’m fine Taecyeon.”

“Please?” he pleaded. “If you want I could buy you something warm to drink too.”

Yoona stared at him because he was right. She was too tired to even carry her own handbag, let alone her suitcase. “Just this once,” she said.

They took a break at Starbucks and Taecyeon got her a cup of vanilla latte and a caramel macchiato for himself. He placed her drink on the table gently and sat across from her. Yoona’s heart skipped a beat when she noticed her favorite drink in front of her. He still remembered?

“How are you doing so far?” he questioned as he stirred his drink. 

Yoona did a slight nod of her head. “I’m doing fine thank you. Yourself?”

“Just been traveling to and fro places. But of course I saved my earnings before exploring the world,” he chuckled. 

She felt comfortable the next minute. The minute she saw him laugh, it was like seeing a new Taecyeon. It felt…good. “So will you be traveling all your life or?”

“It could be ideal. There are many many countries to go to so, why not?” 

“That’s interesting.” 

“What are you up to these days?” 

“I’m an artist. It has become my hobby and job.” 

“Wow an artist? So like, you have your own art studio and everything?” 

“Right,” she smiled. Before they could get any comfortable, she looked at the time. “Taecyeon I really need to go. I could use some sleep.”

“Oh!” he gulped down his coffee quick but coughed loudly he made her panick. “Taec are you okay?”

“Yeah,” he patted his chest showing a thumbs up. “I’m fine I’m all good!” he wiped his mouth with the tissue, standing up from the chair. “Let’s go.”

Yoona stifled her laugh when Taecyeon’s back was facing her. He appeared surreal to her, like he changed into a better human being.


Taecyeon waited in an empty booth at the diner for his friends to arrive. A couple strolled in the diner and spotted him right away, waving their hands at him. Taecyeon stood up to give the taller guy a hug. 

“Nichkhun! How are you doing man?” he grinned. 

“Doing good myself Taec.”

Yuri hugged Taecyeon in a friendly manner as well. “Hey Taec, long time no see.” 

“And you are still as beautiful as ever Miss Kwon,” he teased. “Or should I say Mrs. Horvejkul?” 

“How’s traveling Taec? We saw your pictures on your SNS and they look awesome dude.”

“I know it’s pretty tiring though! But I’m always up for the adventure.” 

Nichkhun and Yuri were Taecyeon and Yoona’s best friends since they were teenagers as well. These two were always supporting the ex-lovers and even if his relationship with Yoona wasn’t that great. At first Yuri was mad at Taecyeon for hurting Yoona but learned to forgive after she knew he changed for the better. Nichkhun was disappointed in Taecyeon too and made sure he returned to be a better man. In fact, Nichkhun and Yuri were right because Taecyeon fixed his attitude and personality and there he was, being a mature twenty-seven year old coming back to make sure he did things right. 

“Okay guys, I’m ready to ask for Yoona’s forgiveness. I just need help right now on how to do it.”

For the info, Nichkhun was the one giving updates to Taecyeon in secret about how Yoona’s life was doing. Just to make sure she was alright. 

Yuri took out a piece of paper from her pocket. “Go to this address. It’s Yoona’s art studio.” 

Taecyeon cheered as he kissed the paper. “Yes! Thank you so much guys. I promise not to screw up this time.” 

“We believe in you Taec!” they cheered him on. 


Yoona took out a couple paintings, following her usual routine as an instructor. She attracted her students’ attention. 

“Alright I hope everyone is all set to create their own masterpieces!” she clapped her hands together.“Okay make sure to take your time and paint, draw, sketch the art piece in front of you.” 

The class obeyed the instructor examining a human statue figure sitting on a rock that was made out of clay. Yoona displayed her pieces onto her side. 

“Decide how you’ll be drawing out the given art piece and be creative,” she mentioned. 

“Ow!” 

Everyone turned to the source of noise and found a guy wincing on the floor after tripping over a wooden art piece. Yoona walked over to her student at the back and noticed it was Taecyeon. 

“Taecyeon? What are you doing here?” she whispered in a quick tone. 

He smiled goofily at her. “Can’t you see I’m in your art class? I’ve brought my own canvas.” 

“Stand up and start working,” she shook her head at him, moving onto another student to check on. Taecyeon gazed at Yoona’s direction admiring her beauty. He snapped out of his gaze when Yoona turned around, raising her eyebrow at him. Yoona praised her students and guided them to do their own choice of drawing and she would just go around checking if they were doing it right. From the corner of her eye, she found Taecyeon being playful on his own as his painting was turning into a canvas being vibrant with primary colors painted on it, humming to the music that he switched on play from his phone. The students around Taecyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter