Secret Valentine

Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona tosses her phone on the mattress of her bed seemingly upset over the last text message she received a while ago. She let out a long sigh, relaxing against the armchair she’s sitting on. She just had a quick meeting with Seunggi earlier where she expected a nice valentine date to occur until he was engrossed in his schedule. Seunggi has been carrying on with filming and before he left, he just gave her a small note sticking onto a single rose then apologizing to her through a text saying that he’ll make it up to her another time.

What’s funny is that she has some plans arranged for Valentine’s Day so she canceled her schedules by talking to her manager in order to make time for a date. She literally left China just for the sake of the special occasion. And what did it turn out in the end? False hopes and expectations. She complained about it to Tiffany and Sooyoung on how can a boyfriend miss out Valentine’s Day but they replied with a typical textbook phrase such as ‘it happens all the time’ and ‘it’s unavoidable’.

So there she is, staring into space blankly. Her phone let off a sound indicating a message. She groans to herself, picking it up swiftly.

A gasp escapes from .

“Hey there Yoong! I was just wondering if you’re free right now?” an involuntary smile spread across her face. It’s no other than her bestest friend in the whole wide world, Ok Taecyeon.

“Yes I am, oppa.”

“Great! Make sure to change into something nice because I’ll be coming over to pick you up. See ya soon Yoongie!”

Her fingers types away almost too quickly from excitement. “What! You’re coming over right now?”

“Well duh! If you’re not ready in ten minutes I’ll probably just go back home then.”

“Okay oppa, I’ll get ready now.”

Yoona squeals like a five-year old girl, rushing over to her walk-in closet. She needs to pick out the perfect dress for the night, knowing that she will be meeting one of the most special guys in her life. But she knows she shouldn’t be too extravagant because she figures he likes it fairly simple. Deciding on a blush colored sleeveless quilted skater dress, and a pair of beige flats she dolls herself up with light make-up, even curling the tips of her hair. She spots the ‘Y’ necklace from her accessories, choosing to wear it this time after not using it for months. She checks herself in the mirror, just in time for his arrival.

“Coming!” she skips to the front door, opening it willingly.

She lost her breath for a moment after taking his features in. He looks absolutely handsome in his maroon button-down shirt and black dress pants, classic brouges, even spotting a black bow tie in his collar. Although she has seen him in various styles, not a single time did she find him unattractive. It amazes her how he still brings her butterflies in the stomach and the slight rapid beating of her heart.

Taecyeon holds his breath for a full minute just by staring at his goddess. From up close he can catch the scent of the perfume he likes, smiling inwardly at the thought of effort she had put in beforehand. No more words needed for Im Yoona because she is the definition of beauty.

“Hey Yoona,” he bends down to peck her cheek. “You look very beautiful tonight.”

She grins, folding her arms. “Thanks oppa! I see that someone is over with his fashion terrorist days,” she laughs, making him laugh along with her.

“It comes with great practice,” he says as a matter in fact. “Any schedule tonight?”

“Nope. I’m free for the rest of the day.”

“That’s good. Shall we go then?”

“Let’s do this.”

 

“Where are you taking me oppa?” she asks, smiling from ear to ear.

“Somewhere special,” he replies back as he steals a quick glance of her before the traffic light turns green.

They pull into a car park and disguise themselves fairly hidden from possible sharp eyes in their surrounding. Heading into a lobby then over to the elevator.

“You look like you own this building or something,” she jokes. “Plus I’ve never seen this place before.”

He shrugs. “There are several things you have yet to explore Im Yoona.”

Taecyeon and Yoona enters a fine dining restaurant as they are served by a young waiter ushering them to the outdoor dining area where a lovely garden setting surrounds the tables and chairs.

However since it’s a special occasion, there is only one prepared table for two present. Yoona strolls forward as she admires the breathtaking scene before her eyes. The restaurant is located at a rooftop, so they are currently out in the terrace. Stars high up above them, the city lights illuminating the town brightly and the home-like garden setting feels rather nice and comfortable.

“I thought about a place where we don’t have to hide. A rooftop came to my mind and it was an idea to me, figuring there won’t be paparazzis anywhere. Well unless a helicopter flies through,” he chuckles.

“We can’t escape from the restaurant though.”

“I’m close with the owner of the place. So there’s nothing to worry about Yoona.”

“This is perfect…”

Taecyeon pulls out the chair for her. “Here’s your seat Miss Im,” he gestures politely like a gentleman.

“Why thank you sir,” she bows before she settles down promptly.

He picks up a big bouquet of roses from a glass vase, presenting it tenderly over to Yoona who is apparently surprised from his sudden gift.

“Happy Valentine’s Day Yoona,” he bows his head slightly, glancing back at her in a soft gaze.

“Oppa…” Yoona covers shyly tucking strands of hair behind her ear. She accepts the bouquet, particularly enthralled by the color of the flowers. “Thank you for this,” she says.

Taecyeon leans back against his chair, his contentment rising with each second passing. “You’re welcome

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter