Enraptured

Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was loud, chaotic and an atmosphere of high. The blaring speakers next to the DJ were getting people shuffling on their feet and waving their hands up in the air. Drinks, dancing and laughter. Euphoria was the suitable word for the situation in the night club.

Yoona twirled her drink lazily as she sat on a stool by the bar. She looked around pretending to be bored but on the inside she was scanning the area for her next target. It didn’t take her long enough to find one when a visibly drunk fellow stood next to her yelling at the barista for a drink. She smiled to herself, acting calm and unaffected.

“Well hello there sweetie,” the man took notice of her presence, a wicked grin beaming in his expression. “Feeling lonely here aren’t we?” he slurred.

“Aren’t you?” Yoona questioned back, unable to keep her smile from showing.

The young man ran a hand along his jaw his lower lip at the sight of her curves under her short black dress. His mind was taking over. “How about a little fun?” he muttered with a little laugh, his hand sliding up her thigh.

Yoona’s eyes darkened at his greasy hand that was rubbing on her skin. But her voice reeled him in completely. “Shall we?” she whispered in his ear. In that moment, she was dragged to his car and made out recklessly in the backseats.

The guy was too occupied inhaling her scent located on her neck that Yoona managed to drive both of them away from town and further into the woods. It was all too late when the confused man in front of her asked where they were. Yoona took his hand to pull him along with her. There they stood facing each other in the eerie forest. Her eyes changed into the deepest shade of red, enchanting and frightening at the same time. She forced him on his knees and panick casted over his face.

“Wait…w-what are you?” The poor fella broke out into a cry for help until poisonous fangs sunk deep in his neck. A piercing scream escaped from her prey’s throat his voice faltered once she pulled away.

Yoona breathed heavily, her chest rose and fell in sync her eyes glowing dangerously red. A trail of blood trickled down which she wiped off gently. “Serves you right for being such a bad boy,” she smirked.

And to Im Yoona, that was her way of staying alive.

 

“Officer Ok, I would like you to pair up with Officer Jang on the case that I’m about to give you.”

Chief Park held onto the clipboard reading the written reports. They were cases reported from out of town. Taecyeon called in Wooyoung into the chief’s office to discuss the matter they were about to handle.

“What is it chief?”

“There are cases going around about missing people. Also, they found out cases of murder in the woods just a little far from town. I want both of you to investigate this  matter and report back to me after receiving signs of suspicion of the suspect. Are we clear?”

“Yes chief.”

Taecyeon packed his bags into the trunk of his car closing it shut as he walked back to the driver’s seat. Wooyoung who was sitting on the front passenger seat next to him was busy with a phone call.

“Who was that?”

“It’s Taeyeon, I just called to let her know we’ll be gone for a while.”

Taecyeon smiled as he started the engine. “Tell her not to worry then. We’ll be back as soon as you know it,” he said steering the vehicle into the road.

The guys drove an hour to their designated station where they would be carrying out the patrol for a week in the woods. An inn was at their convenience since it was nearby a place for them to rest at.

“Is this the place where we’re supposed to be patrolling at?” Wooyoung asked as he closed the car door shut.

Taecyeon grabbed his bags from the trunk and headed towards the station. “I think so.”

They saw a couple of officers in the office all occupied with a piece of document. One of them welcomed the two to the team and began talking about the investigations occurring around the area. Taecyeon and Wooyoung were given the night shift to patrol in the forest to look out for any signs of possible suspects. They were given a tour around the parameter first before they could begin their job.

“So this is a hiking trail in this forest. There are lots of campers around during the summer but since it’s fall there is not much tourists hanging out in these areas.”

“No hikers or campers in the day?”

“Oh there are some but only under operational hours during fall. Also, the victims found were lying dead at different spots in this particular area so beware.”

Taecyeon continued listening to their guide while scanning the forest with awareness. He creased his brows when he noticed movement in his peripheral vision. He turned to the source of mobility but found nothing. He thought there was someone near them among the landscape of trees. He shrugged off the feeling of his shoulders, resumed walking down the path ahead of him.

 

Wooyoung passed an extra torchlight to Taecyeon  as they made their way to the hiking trail in the forest. Other than their own devices, the moon was the main source of light that led them along the dark.

“Guns in your pocket?” Taecyeon reassured with Wooyoung.

He nodded. “I think we should split up hyung. We’ll be in the same area, only that we’ll explore different paths. Just keep your torchlight on,” without another word, the younger lad went off guarded and alarmed.

Taecyeon sighed to himself, sauntering in the peaceful serenity of the woods never knowing it was this calming at night. He flashed his torchlight at bushes, trees and the grassless path in front of him. He wasn’t someone to be scared of the dark, oh no, he has experienced different types of eerie situations that he has gotten used to them. He was worried about Wooyoung though, since he knew his pal was quite superstitious at times.

Some sort of sound was detected nearby a bush.

His left hand dipped into his side pocket reaching for his gun in preparation, his other hand clutched on the torchlight tighter as he concentrated on the movement behind a bush that was littered with dead leaves. Each step he took was spine-chilling, his heartbeat skipped for every second that passed. He took one big breath before identifying the object.

“Flying squirrels…” he let out a sigh watching the animal gather nuts into a corner. “Sorry to disturb you little guy,” he said bowing his head slightly.

.

.

.

But there she was.

“Holy !” he exclaimed.

Taecyeon stumbled back and fell to the ground, cursing at the sight of the unexpected creature. His breathing got heavier when he flashed his torchlight at the person who had blood smeared across her lips. What terrified him even more was an unconscious body on the ground behind her figure. He held his breath, his hand was trembling and his eyes never left her sight.

A vampire.

He couldn’t understand the situation but he knew he wasn’t dreaming. A vampire, a beautiful woman staring at back at him with enchanting red eyes. She approached him slowly, her head tilting as an indication that she was examining him closely. Taecyeon only kept still for he couldn’t risk his life running away. Then he figured, that she was probably guilty for all the deaths in this forest.

Then, he froze.

Yoona dared to touch the officer in curiosity, her hands pulling his head closer to hers. She marvelled at his strong and sharp features, her finger tracing his face gently. Taecyeon felt he was about to die any moment since he assumed she was going to take him for herself. He glanced at her face and for a minute he was enraptured within her astounding beauty. Like an insect caught in the spider’s web, she was looking at him as if he was the prey she has been waiting for.

“Taecyeon hyung!”

Taecyeon regretted turning his head at the direction of where the voice came from. He waited for the woman in front of him to react to the voice, and so she did. She stood up abruptly and fled the scene as if she vanished in thin air. Taecyeon remained lying on the ground confused with her startling intentions with him earlier. Why didn’t she kill him?

“Hyung? What are you doing?” Wooyoung ran up to him, surprised with a dead body near him. “Oh you’ve found one.”

“Yeah…” he trailed off but his thoughts wasn’t even on the victim. He was thinking of her.

 

The following night, Taecyeon returned to the same spot where he met the vampire. But she never came and it was just another silent night. Two nights have passed and he hasn’t seen her anywhere.

“Are you okay hyung? The cut looks bad tho,” Wooyoung rubbed his neck at the deep cut on Taecyeon’s right arm. There was a brawl at a nearby eatery and a drunk man flashed a knife at an innocent. Taecyeon was attempting to arrest the man but yelled in agony when the blade stuck deep into his flesh.

Taecyeon lied himself down on the bed after Wooyoung cleaned up his cut and covered it with a gauze pad. His eyes flutter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter