My Cupid

Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a cupid named Taecyeon. He has his own workshop in the city that attracted many customers who were searching for love. There were only two days in a year where he was available; one was on Valentine’s Day, and the other was White Day. Also known as the days of love. He was the go-to for many guys on Valentine’s Day, because of his magical bow and arrows. People would write their names on the arrow, and Taecyeon would send it to their significant other. Once the receiver gets the arrow, they will magically fall in love with the person who wrote their name on it. However, if the person they were going after was already in a relationship, then it was counted as an invalid request.

A guy named Wooyoung, entered the workshop with a grin. “Hey Taec, I want to reserve an arrow for a girl.”

“Sure bro, what’s her name?”

“Kim Taeyeon.”

Taecyeon handed him a new arrow and instructed him, “Write your name on it and your significant other’s name. I will fulfill your request on Valentine’s Day.”

Wooyoung did as he was told, bowing right after. “Thank you!”

But then Taecyeon came across cases where multiple guys were asking for the same girl, and he has to make a decision on who would the be the best suitable partner for the girl, through knowing her ideal type. 

It was also the moment where Taecyeon’s life changed just by the mention of a girl’s name. 

“Hey there Taec! How’s it going?” 

Taecyeon looked up from the counter and saw his past customer Lee Jonghyun. “I’m doing good thanks. Yourself?”

“Not that bad. How’s the business doing?”

“I have tons of requests this year. Guys have just been visiting my store constantly from the past week.”

“Well it’s because Valentine’s Day is around the corner. And you know what that means,” Jonghyun wiggled his eyebrows playfully. “Time to reserve my spot!”

Taecyeon knew Jonghyun lost to one of his competitors from last year. Supposedly, he was to try his luck again this year. “Okay, here is your arrow. Write your name and the girl’s name.”

“I just really hope I would be lucky this time.”

“What’s her name?” he asked while filing the envelopes in an alphabetical order. 

Jonghyun slid the arrow across the counter. “Im Yoona. She’s my new girl crush in university.”

“Oh is it? Well I wish you the best of luck this year.”

“Thanks Taec! I’ll be waiting for it.”

Taecyeon stared at the name written on the arrow. He sighed, resuming his work on stacking the envelopes in an organized manner. 

Two days has passed and Taecyeon couldn’t believe it. He grew familiar to one particular name that has been requested five times. It was a new record. Five guys wanted to win the heart of the same girl, and she was the one and only Im Yoona. He literally heard the phrase, “Her name’s Im Yoona,” five times. 

What’s up with that girl? Taecyeon frowned at the five arrows on top of his table, wondering how he will ever choose from these guys. He had no other choice but to know the girl herself. 

“This is gonna be quite some process,” he rubbed his neck, tapping the pen on the surface of the table. 


Yoona left the lecture hall shortly after the professor was done with his lesson for the day. She made her way over to the bus stop, waiting patiently for her next bus. 

“Excuse me miss,” she felt a tap on her shoulder, and turned around to meet a stranger. 

A tall, handsome stranger perhaps. 

“Yes?” 

“Are you Im Yoona?” his deep voice spoke. 

She nodded. “Yes I am, and you are?”

The guy held out his hand. “I’m Ok Taecyeon, the cupid. People visit my workshop and ask for requests on Valentine’s Day.”

“Oh! You’re the Taecyeon everyone’s been talking about?” 

“Yes I think I am,” he grinned.

“What can I do for you?”

Both of them sat down on the bench continuing their conversation. It wasn’t a surprise to Yoona that several guys were after her. She has many male classmates and colleagues in both her campus and work place respectively. She had a rough idea on who might be wanting to be her valentine date. 

“As my job, I need to know your ideal type. So in that way, I’ll be able to match one guy that passes all of the criteria.” 

“So you’re saying I should tell you what I like in a guy?”

Taecyeon bowed his head, smiling genuinely. “Yes, if you may let me do so.”

“Um,” Yoona tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear. She always did that whenever she was nervous or shy. “Sure.”

“Great! Are you free right now? We could go get some coffee.”

“Yes, that would be lovely.”

Taecyeon took a while to stare at her face, just wondering how beautiful she looked. Was it because of her beauty that made every guy fall for her? Was she the girl to fall in love with at first sight? Deep down inside, he felt something for her that he couldn’t put a finger on. Like there was a magnetic pull toward her the moment they exchanged glances.


The two of them sat across each other by the window of a small café. Taecyeon was kind enough to pay for their cups of coffee. Yoona stirred her teaspoon in the cup, taking a quick sip after. 

Taecyeon prepared his pen and paper. “Ready?” he asked.

“Whenever you are,” Yoona smiled back. 

Her smile was so captivating, it melted his heart. “Okay so, we’ll start off with the simple questions. Age and date of birth?”

“22 and 30th of May.”

“That makes you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter