2019

Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 31, 2019

Taecyeon is preparing backstage with s, reconfirming the dance steps over and over again. It’s one of the most special stages he has gotten another opportunity of since the last one was back in 2009. He can’t even believe it is happening for real at this point of time, but he is believing all of it. Taking it all in, the audience, the fans, the stage and the performance they are about to start in several minutes.

“Taec, quit smiling bro you might forget your dance steps and someone’s gonna be sorry later,” Nichkhun punches him lightly on the shoulder sensing he is daydreaming again.

“Sorry Khun, just a little nervous.”

Wooyoung wraps an arm around the taller guy. “Hyung you have to be ready this time. It’s going to be perfect!”

Chansung agrees as he sips on the bottle of water. “You went through a lot with Yoona, hyung. I think it’s nothing to worry about. All of us will understand anyway.”

“And besides, it’s about time. You have waited this long so I see no reason why we should postpone or whatever,” says Junho.

Minjun appears from the side after talking with their manager. “It’s all worth it Taec, and it’s showtime.”

The six members have their hands reaching out in front of them for their group cheer. “Don’t! Stop! Can’t! Stop! 2PM!” they roar out loud, their energy bursting as they make their way up on stage.

 

Yoona taps her foot impatiently on the floor while she is staring at herself in the mirror as her stylist is fixing her hair. Only a couple of minutes left until going up on stage and god is she nervous.

“Yoong, lighten up!” Yuri encourages handing her a cup of water. “You seem like you’re about to pass out any minute,” she chuckles.

She let out a sigh. “It just feels surreal. We’re going to perform and this is one of the stages I thought that won’t happen.”

Tiffany pokes her arm. “But it’s happening alright!”

Sooyoung joins in the conversation. “It actually feels like this is much more exciting than our comebacks, except for our debut.”

“Maybe because we’re with the guys again this time,” Hyoyeon points out slyly.

Jessica stands beside Yoona, resting her hands on her shoulders. “It’s funny how you always end up with oppa in the end, huh Yoong?”

“Nah, it was fate at the very beginning,” comments Sunny.

“Everything will be perfect unnie. We’ve practiced hard and we will enjoy it,” says Seohyun.

Taeyeon shakes her head. “Taecyeon sure is one lucky guy,” she grins. “Okay girls, let’s do this!”

They huddle in a circle, proceeding with their famous soshi cheer. “Right now, it’s Girls’ Generation!” clapping their hands afterwards, walking in a straight line as they walk up to the stage.

But before any of these can happen, maybe all of you are wondering what has happened over the years up until this point. Let’s rewind, shall we?

 

August 23, 2015

At a café, Yoona sat quietly by a corner where there was sufficient privacy from fans or any other possible hawk eyes. She stirred the teaspoon casually in the ceramic cup watching the coffee swirl in a slow rotation. Even though the day was going to be quite dejecting, she was going to be relieved with no doubts.

The chair in front of her pulled backward and she guessed Seunggi has arrived. She looked up at him and saw his round eyes light up at the sight of her face. Although on the inside, she felt sorry for him as well as feeling miserable. But she had to do what she had to do, and so she shall.

“How are you?” asked the lad happily, obviously feeling delighted to see her.

Yoona nodded her head. “I’m doing good, thank you oppa. What about you?”

“Not so bad myself. I just received another offer for a lead role in a movie. Also a couple of offers for a drama. Isn’t that great?” he rambled on further and she sat there, listening patiently to his words first before she could have a chance to say anything.

“Listen Seunggi oppa,” she started. “I have been wanting to say something to you for a while now and I hope you’ll take it understandingly.”

Seunggi set his fork on the plate and pushed it to the side. “Sure Yoona, anything.”

She took a deep breath before formulating her sentences in her head. “I’ve come to a point where I have decided that it’s best for us to stay as friends from now on…” she trailed off, wanting to know his reaction first.

“Oh,” he muttered.

“Yeah, it’s been great spending time with you oppa. I’m thankful for your enthusiasm and patience with me. I hope you understand how I feel and it wasn’t my intention to hurt you like this which is why I want to end it right here so it’s better for the both of us.”

Seunggi nodded with a heavy heart. “I understand Yoona, I’m sorry if it didn’t work out as much before.”

“Oh no, I have my faults as well. Also, I have to confess to you that it’s not working out between us because there’s still someone special in my heart whom I can’t get rid of though I tried so many times. Only now I realized that person is someone I can’t let go of.”

“I see, I hope he knows how lucky he is. I just want your happiness Yoona, that’s all that matters to me.”

Yoona wiped a tear that fell from her eye. “Thank you Seunggi oppa. Are we good as friends?” she asked.

He smiled. “I can cope,” he jokes. “Yes, I am absolutely fine with us as friends now. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to get to know you, perhaps it had been a miracle dating my crush.”

“Well I have been flattered to be honest but you’re a good man oppa. I’m sure you’ll find the right lady for yourself soon.”

And that was the time Yoona broke up with Lee Seunggi on good terms. Now how did it all go after that? Let’s see.

 

December 27, 2015

“Happy Birthday Ok Taecyeon!”

Taecyeon glanced around the room, his family, his 2PM and 2AM brothers as well as a couple of JYP family members and close actors. Life was good, he didn’t know what exactly else to wish for. He closed his eyes made a wish anyway and blew out the candles. Not soon after his face was attacked by his own members as they dumped the cake right into his face. He ran after Wooyoung and Junho, smearing them with the icing on his hands. A doorbell  went off which made Taecyeon get the door with hastened steps.

“Happy Birthday oppa!” shouted the girls. He was surprised that Tiffany and Yoona came to his party, wondering if his wish was surely legit a while ago. There they stood at the entrance holding onto his presents.

“Nice face Taec,” Tiffany joked in English.

“Come in girls, join us!” he said out of confusion allowing both of them to enter.

Nichkhun appeared beside Taecyeon, escorting his girlfriend into the party. Taecyeon was left alone with Yoona who nervously carried the gift that she had for him. He grabbed a towel to wipe his face clean.

“I thought you were busy,” he said smiling.

Yoona shook her head. “I had no schedules for the whole day which is nice. I figured I’d join Tiffany to your party tonight.”

“Oh really? That’s awesome then! Do you want me to get you some food? We can catch up out there at the garden where it’s less chaotic,” he chuckled.

“Sure, we can do that,” she smiled back at him.

They grabbed themselves some food and drinks from the table, chatted with a couple of guests before heading outside to the garden. They talked about how promotions were going and how the members are, even willing to share about their future projects.

“So how’s it going so far Yoong? How’s your love life doing?” he smiled, bringing the topic up randomly.

Yoona thought for a minute about her answer. “It’s alright?” she laughed nervously.

Taecyeon put his plate on the table. “Why what’s up?” he asked.

“I haven’t been dating for almost five months so I don’t know about the progress of my love life,” she laughed.

He spat out the juice he was drinking which made Yoona laugh even harder. “What! You haven’t been dating? You broke up with Seunggi hyung?” he blurted out.

She nodded slowly. “It’s been a while I guess. It was good actually, I focused on my work and took a short break with my family.”

“But…how? I mean like, the whole nation was supporting both of you,” he said unsure.

“Well I make my own decisions oppa, not the whole nation deciding for me,” she winked.

“Soooo what are you up to now then?” he suddenly looked away, his ears were blushing red.

Yoona caught him being shy and she giggled. “You see, I can’t seem to get this stubborn person out of my mind. I have to blame this guy for the break up,” she folded her arms, though she was smiling from ear to ear.

“And who is this guy?” he waited for her to say a name.

She tilted her head to the side as she eyed on the birthday boy teasingly. “I think you should open this gift to find out,” she placed the small present wrapped up nicely in a silver paper and red bow.

Taecyeon tore the wrapping paper gently and discovered the gift inside. He stared at the present for so long it felt like he was dreaming. Not l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter