I Am In Prison?

A Picture Lost In My Dreams

 

Chapter 10 – I Am In Prison?

Today when I woke up, I hit my head on the head of the bed. After I got ready I went out my door, I fell down the stairs and right 

outside I saw a black cat.

*I hope everything turns out okay?*

I wasn’t even sure myself. When I got to my homeroom I saw someone sleeping on my desk.

The person was sleeping on my desk….my desk

*I know I’m overreacting and I don’t own the desk but seriously, I really like that desk. I became attached to that seat.*

I went up to that person and asked (as politely as I can) to sit somewhere else. Just as I asked her, I heard the whole class gasp.

I turned my head around and saw them glaring at me.

*Did I do something wrong? Why are they looking at me like I committed the worse kind of crime? If looks could kill,

I would be a ghost by now.*

After that incident I didn’t dare ask the sleeping girl again, so I sat down on the seat next to where Tao usually seats.

I looked at Tao’s desk and saw he wasn’t here.

*Did he have to be late on this day, when everyone is out there to kill me? I need him so much right now.*

The bell rang and I saw Tao coming in with the teacher.

*Is he in trouble or is he correcting the teacher again? Perhaps the latter.* He sat down and met my eyes.

At first it looked like he was shocked to see me sitting next to him, but then buried his face in the book.

The teacher told the girl in my seat to stand up and introduce herself. I was so shocked when I saw in front of my eyes was Suzy.

The Suzy from Miss A. I was so excited I turned toward Tao and saw him staring at her. The way he looked at her seemed like a person meeting their loved ones after a long time. For some reason my insides hurt.

*Why was he staring at her? Is he a fan of her too? What in the world am I saying, most of South Korea is

probably so in ‘love’ with her. However, why does my insides feel so twisted and why does it hurt seeing Tao’s

expression for her?*

“You probably already know my name and who I am, so please take care of me,” she said and as she finish almost

everyone was clapping.Except Tao and me. When I saw Suzy’s eyes and Tao’s eyes meet, I saw Suzy perk up.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I will seat next to my boyfriend.”

She walked and for a second I thought she was going to sit on the seat that is supposed to be mine.

What shocked me more is she stopped in front of Tao and me. She then turned to me and said,

“Could you please sit somewhere else, I want to sit next to my ‘boyfriend’.”

Now my heart insides felt like they were crushed. When I turned to Tao, I saw him staring at me, somewhat pleadingly.

*Was he asking me to give this seat to her, too?* I stood up and went to my original seat behind Tao.

Even though the teacher was teaching his lesson, I didn’t care what he was saying. I looked at Tao’s reflection in the window.

Guess he was looking through the window because our eyes met for a brief moment, until Tao was pulled by Suzy. She kept talking

to him. He on the other hand gave her a questioning look. When lunch time came, I went outside to take a fresh start from all the drama.

My mind drifted back to the scenes where Suzy was holding Tao so close like they were unrepeatable. I was so in la la land

I didn’t grasp the moment when Min Woo came around and sat next to me. When I felt something brush my cheeks,

I saw Min Woo’s wrapped up hand.

“Are you okay? Why are you crying?”

*How long has he been there? What does he mean I’m crying?*

I reached my cheeks and felt them being wet.

*Was I really crying? For what? Or who?*

Without asking any more questions Min Woo hugged me. I once again felt safe and comfortable in his embrace.

When he broke apart from the hug he looked in my eyes and what he said made chills and goose bumps run all over my body.

I felt like I heard it before, I just can’t remember where.

He said, “No matter where you are, I’ll find you and I’ll protect you. No matter how dangerous it is, call my name and

I’ll be there, only for you.”