Stop.

Crash

    Bright white light flashed in front of Seoyeon's eyes as an announcement came over the loudspeaker on the plane. 

    "WE ARE MAKING A CRASH LANDING! REPEAT! CRASH LANDING! EVERYBODY GET IN THEIR SEATS AND WEAR YOUR SEATBELT! SE- *buzz* EV- *crackle* REMAIN CA- *buzz*" 

    Cries and screams of sheer terror rung throughout the air in the small cabin. Somehow, it seems a lot bigger when you are trying to urgently make it to your seat because you know you're about to die. Seoyeon grabbed her carry-on, which was a small case with a glass piccolo inside. As soon as she buckled up, she bracced herself for the chaos that ensued. People flew through the air, and fell to the floor as the plane bounced up and down. She watched the ground approach fast.

    Suddenly, there was no plane. There was no noise, except a stubborn ringing in Seoyeon's ears. She sat up quickly and panted, expecting something bad to happen. She looked around the room, and immediately saw a boy sitting beside her bed. She tried desperately to catch her breath, but the more frantically she attempted to breathe, the harder it got. The boy leaned closer to Seoyeon's face, and reached out to comfort her. She scampered away from his hand and cowered in a corner. She felt a sharp pain in her back and leg, and regretted moving so swiftly. 

    The boy beside her gestured for her to lie back down, but Seoyeon was scared of the stranger sitting beside her. And, besides that, a plane wreck is enough to scare anyone. She stayed curled up in the corner until the tearing pain in her back and leg became unbearable. It got harder to breathe every second. 

    "Please don't hurt me," Seoyeon whispered. The boy nodded and Seoyeon moved forward to lie down. There was an insane amount of pain, despite the fact she couldn't even feel the wound at first. The boy reached into a bowl and grabbed a dripping rag. Seoyeon flinched as the boy her forehead with a cold rag. Seoyeon's breath started to regulate once more, and she gulped hard. No matter what she did, the images of the plane wreck were stained in her memory. After quite a while, Seoyeon felt an awkward silence between herself and the boy. 

    "Where am I," Seoyeon whispered. Her voice was gone, for some reason. The boy looked down at her and sighed. He shrugged and looked away wearily. "Are you the only person here?" The boy shook his head and pointed to an open doorway. The boy stood up and started walking toward the door. Seoyeon quickly grabbed his hand and stopped him. "Please don't leave me," she pleaded. He patted her hand and proceeded out the door. 

     She plopped her head back down on the hard pillow she was laying on and fought the urge to cry her eyes out. The wound on her leg was sending a stabbing pain throughout her entire right side. She reached down to touch it, but it was bound with a rough sort of fabric. Just then, the boy came back into the room with 3 other boys in tow. The first boy and two of the other boys stood back while another one approached Seoyeon's side.

    "Hello," the boy said. Seoyeon took a deep breath and fought back more tears.

    "Hello," Seoyeon replied. "Wh-where am I?" The boy massaged his temples and blinked hard.

    "I don't know where we are. I can't seem to retain anything in my brain. I th-think it's called Am-am..." He looked back to another boy who mouthed the word he was looking for. "Amnesia." Seoyeon bit her lip after another stabbing feeling reverberated throughout her body. "What is your name," the boy asked. 

    "S-Seoyeon," she replied. The boy scribbled with a piece of burned charcoal on a wrinkled piece of paper. 

    "My name is Yixing," the boy said. "But, y-you can call me L-Lay." Seoyeon held out her hand, and Lay stared at it like it was a large bug.

    "You're supposed to shake my hand," Seoyeon whispered. Lay slowly nodded and grasped her hand. He shook it, and cautiously let go.

    "What are their names," Seoyeon asked, gesturing to the other boys. Lay squinted his eyes shut and tried to remember.

    "That one," Lay started, pointing to a tall boy with red curly hair. "Is Ch-Chanyeol." Chanyeol nodded to Seoyeon, who nodded in return. "This one," Lay said, pointing to a short boy with mischievous eyes. "J-Jongdae. You can call him Ch-Chen." Chen winked at Seoyeon, who rolled her eyes in return. "And lastly," Lay said, pointing to the boy who Seoyeon first saw. "K-Kyungsoo. You can call him Dyo, too." Lay looked them over and counted them. "There are eight more, when you're ready t-to meet them." Seoyeon nodded.

    "Thank you," she whispered. Lay massaged his temples again and looked back down at Seoyeon. 

    "It hurts to think t-too hard," Lay said, smiling. Seoyeon frowned. Lay patted her head. 

    "We can work on that when I get to feeling better," Seoyeon said. Lay smiled at her and stood up to leave. "Thank you, Yixing," Seoyeon whispered loudly. Lay stopped for a moment, then left. Jongdae quickly took the first initiative and approached Seoyeon's bedside.

    "I'm Jongdae, but you can call me Chen," he said. His voice was beautiful, and sounded as if it were recorded by a chorus of angels. Seoyeon nodded in acknowledgement, and Chen scowled. "You have a bit of blood right there," Chen said. Seoyeon raised her hand to wipe away the blood, but Chen stopped her. "Let me get it," he said. He leaned in close to Seoyeon's face and her jaw where the blood was falling. Seoyeon was shocked, but she had been through weirder, so he did nothing.

    Chen sat up quickly after he felt a tap on his shoulder. It was the tall boy, Chanyeol. Chanyeol glared down at Jongdae, and Jongdae's eyes widened. He stood up and bowed to Seoyeon, blushing madly.

    "Jongdae," Seoyeon whispered. He turned to face her with a harsh scowl on his face. "Thank you." His face softened, but he turned and left quickly. Chanyeol knelt beside her bed and grabbed her hand. She wasn't so against it. His hand was large enough to grab her entire face.

    "P-Please forgive Jongdae. He's a f-flirt. And," Chanyeol said. "I'm j-just a useless derp." He smiled partially and looked down at the ground, gulping loudly. "According to Chen." He stood and smiled nervously. Seoyeon tugged on his sleeve. 

    "Hey, you. You aren't a useless derp. I believe that you are a good person, and you are very kind. Please, don't leave before I get a chance to spend time with you," Seoyeon said. Chanyeol's nervous smile turned into a half smile, and his face lit up.

    "Thank you, Seoyeon." He turned to leave and nearly ran into Kyungsoo. They bowed to apologize, and Chanyeol took his leave. 

    "Kyungsoo," Seoyeon whispered as the boy reached into the bowl to grab another cold rag. He looked at her with big and round wondering eyes. "You can't talk?" Kyungsoo stared at the ground and shook his head. He Seoyeon's forehead again and sat down beside. He gestured to collect Seoyeon's attention, and he pointed to his mouth. He then traced his finger down his neck, indicating it was a problem with his throat -not his mouth.

    "Dyo or Kyungsoo," Seoyeon asked. Kyungsoo tried his hardest, it seemed, to make a sound, but there was nothing. They both frowned. Poor Kyungsoo looked as if he would cry. "Hey," Seoyeon said. "We'll work on it." Kyungsoo smiled half-heartedly and looked back down at the floor. "Yah," Seoyeon said, without whispering. Kyungsoo was surprised and looked at her with confusion. "We will work on it. And, it will work," Seoyeon said. Kyungsoo smiled without showing his teeth, and re-soaked the rag on Seoyeon's forehead. Seoyeon thought to herself, 

    These poor boys... What happened to them? 

When, anyone else in Seoyeon's predicament would think,

How am I gonna get out of here?

Clearly, Seoyeon is not anyone else, but someone special.