Retelling The Story

Crash

Seoyeon smiled when the man sat down and then sighed. She couldn't believe how long she had been there, already. Had it really been a week? She shook away her thoughts and then looked at the man. She was having a hard time remembering his American name, but she would get it... eventually.

"It has been pretty interesting here. Sehun got hurt and nearly died, but Kyungsoo saved him. We're all going to fix the house this weekend because a beam fell through the ceiling in Chanyeol's room." She looked at the man to see if he was still listening, and she continued to speak when he was paying attention. "I told Kyungsoo that I love him," she said, softly. "Is that what you meant when you said I'd fall in love with him?" Then man merely smiled.

"Perhaps. Now, do go on. How is mas- err... Yixing, doing?" Seoyeon tilted her head, but began to tell him anyhow.

"He's doing about the same. His memory is still bad, but I'm sure if he works with Kris for a while, he'll recover quickly." The man, whose name Seoyeon suddenly remembered to be William Rasley, crinkled his brow. "Is there something wrong?"

"Oh, no. Not at all. It's just that mast- I mean, Yixing doesn't fancy Kris entirely. He used to fancy him quite a lot, but he grew out of that when Kris grew a liking toward Tao. It seems that you are the only one here who doesn't fancy someone of the same ," he said with a chuckle. Little did he know that Seoyeon was panual. "So, now you know. I must go now, but do you have any questions?" Seoyeon nodded quickly.

"What is it you keep calling Yixing? You keep stopping yourself before you actually say it." William sighed and smoothed his jacket.

"I suppose I can't avoid it anymore. Yixing was my master. I was the butler from his childhood, but I was killed when the house exploded. So, you are talking to my paranormal, ethereal form. I know everything about the young master, but he doesn't remember me at all." With a sigh, he stood up and began to walk toward the wall.

"Thank you for helping me," Seoyeon called after him. The man didn't even turn around before walking through the wall. Seoyeon blinked, and suddenly she was accompanied by Baekhyun.

"Oh, hello," Seoyeon said to Baekhyun as she waved to him. He gave a side-glance, then blinked in confusion. He looked behind her, then back at her. It seemed that he noticed she was talking to someone who wasn't there. She blushed and tried to explain, but then realized Baekhyun was no longer paying attention. He had wandered to the fireplace and was examining it, as if trying to find a secret entrance he had never noticed before. Seoyeon tapped him on the shoulder, and he turned to her with an arched brow. He then gave the universal sign to call Seoyeon crazy. Seoyeon whacked his arm and pouted, and he merely snickered impishly.

Seoyeon waved him off and began to walk toward the dining room, but he grabbed her should and hopped up and down excitedly. She looked at him expectantly, then followed closely behind him as he took off through the dining room. He seemed very intent on what he was looking for, so she followed. He stopped in the long hallway and pointed to a picture hanging in a light-colored wooden frame. He pulled it down and blew the dust off of it, then ed it toward Seoyeon. She smiled and took it from him, but her expression quickly grew solemn when she saw the faces in the picture. She recognized Yixing instantly, and soon after identified Jongin and...

"William Rasley..." Her eyes drifted to the familiar face in the upper corner of the group of people. It was none other than the butler of Yixing, and the one who had spoken to her in his ethereal form. She was shocked, at first, but was even more so when the picture moved, and the man winked at her. She squeaked and fumbled the picture before regaining a firm grasp on it. Baekhyun looked at her oddly, but nonetheless took the picture back from her. He pointed to Yixing and Jongin and beamed.

Seoyeon acknowledged his sense of confidence and showed her pride in him with a reassuring hug. He continued to smile widely as he bounced away to his bedroom. Seoyeon continued to stare at the pictures on the wall, but the longer she did, the more sad and confused she grew. There were full-bodied portraits and beautiful scenery paintings and photographs covering the walls, leaving only small patches of the bleached purple wallpaper to be seen, but she knew these pictures wouldn't tell her anything about why she was there, why the boys were all there, or how the future would be. She sighed and stopped thinking, and accepted the fact her questions would probably remain unanswered.

Seoyeon turned away from the wall and began to walk toward the kitchen at the far end of the hall, but she felt her legs grow weak and her head grow dizzy. She reached out and braced herself against the wall on her right, but her hand slipped and she fell forward. She didn't know when she hit the floor, and she didn't know how long she had been lying there, but when she opened her eyes, everything was dim. There was no longer sunlight illuminating the hallway through the windows. She weakly lifted her head and tried to call for someone, but she couldn't speak for some strange reason. She dropped her head once more and tried to lift herself to her feet, but her arms wouldn't respond to her commands. She began to panic.

'Kyungsoo! Yixing! Somebody! Help!' She couldn't make a sound, but she was screaming internally. 'Why is no one coming!?' She worried that something happened to the boys-- or maybe they were just sleeping. She didn't know. With no other options, Seoyeon began to push her legs against the floor. It caused her to roll onto her chest, which would make it easier to stand. She hoisted herself up with strength she didn't know she had, but then fell back to her knees. She knew she would just fall again if she stood, so she decided to crawl, instead. She dragged herself back toward the dining room, which was closer than the kitchen, while only stopping once for breath. Finally, she reached the door. It was shut, to her dismay. She couldn't reach the doorknob. With tears leaking down her face, Seoyeon finally admitted defeat. She lie down on the floor and closed her tear-filled eyes. She lost consciousness once more.

After hours had passed, and there was no sign of Seoyeon, Yixing finally thought to check the hallway. He opened the door, and was startled to see her on the floor.

"SEOYEON!" Yixing shouted for her, but when she didn't move, he thought quickly and scooped her up into his arms. He carried her clumsily through the dining room and set her on the bed in the small space beneath the stairs. He panicked and ran for help, hoping that he wasn't too late.