Walk With Me.

Crash

    Seoyeon heard a low murmur of voices downstairs and knew it was time for dinner. watered as she made her way down the stairs, already tasting the food because of the strong aroma. She arrived at the table and saw smiles all across the table. Every set of eyes migrated toward her and the smiles grew broader. Sehun patted the seat beside him, as did the rest of the boys. She meekly found her spot beside XiuMin, who was tucked in a small ball in his chair, ready to flee at any moment. JunMyeon was beside him, looking just as afraid. Seoyeon folded her arms on the table and rested her head on them. She felt a light tap on her arm, and she lifted her head to see XiuMin staring down at her. 

    "Are you okay," he whispered, so no one else would hear. Seoyeon nodded and smiled.

    "I'm fine, thank you. How are you doing," Seoyeon asked. XiuMin nodded and looked around.

    "I'm alright," he whispered. Seoyeon smiled at him and rested her head on her arms again. Kyungsoo walked into the dining room from the kitchen with plates in his hands and in the crooks of his elbows. Kyungsoo whispered loudly so everyone coud hear him.

    "Can someone t-take this to T-Tao and K-Kai and f-f-feed them," he asked. "I have to clean up tonight," he added. Seoyeon stood and approached Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo reluctantly handed her the plates, and she hurried up the stairs. For some reason, she didn't want to be downstairs. Maybe it was because Yixing was down there, or maybe it was because Kris was down there. Whatever the reason, she was happy to be back upstairs, and happy to help Kai and Tao. She rapped on their door and walked in. She warned them that it would be bright, and she flipped the light on. 

    "How are you guys," she asked, pulling a chair in between both of their beds. Neither of them spoke. "We're going to work together the day after tomorrow. I have your dinner; Kyungsoo asked me to come up and feed you," Seoyeon said, pulling her chair closer to both of them.

    "Kyungsoo... Come," Kai whispered. Seoyeon blinked in surprise. 

    "Kyungsoo said he's busy," Seoyeon said with a sigh. Kai looked down with sadness filling his face. "But," Seoyeon started again. "If you want, I can go ask him again to come." Kai looked up at her hopefully and stared into her face, telling her to hurry, because he was impatient. Seoyeon excused herself from both boys and hurried down the stairs. She felt her legs wobbling and a spinning sensation in her head, but she tried to press on. She clung to the railing with everything she had and she waited for the weakness to subside. It took quite a while for the dizziness to wear off.

    "Seoyeon?" Seoyeon heard her name being called, but she kept her focus on keeping herself from falling down the stairs. She felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist from behind, tugging her back up to the top of the stairs. She sat in silence as her head stopped spinning and her legs stopped shaking. She opened her eyes and looked back at the person who grabed her. It was Jongdae. 

    "J-Jongdae," Seoyeon said, nervously. He smiled partially and let go of Seoyeon's waist. He nodded and turned to head back to his room. "Aren't you going to eat," she called. Jongdae shrugged. 

      "I have a bit of a headache," he said. Seoyeon blushed and looked at the floor. 

    "I'm sorry, Jongdae," Seoyeon said. He smiled largely and walked back toward Seoyeon. 

      "Are you," he asked, with an evil smile. Seoyeon gulped and looked away. Jongdae walked even closer, until their chests were touching. "I don't think you're really sorry. I think you just want me to leave you alone," Jongdae whispered. Seoyeon looked him in the eyes and shook her head.

    "I really am sorry. I didn't think that I would hurt you. I just didn't want you to hurt anyone else," Seoyeon said as Jongdae pressed himself closer against Seoyeon. 

    "Are you sure? Or, is it just Kyungsoo you are worried about," Jongdae asked, getting even closer. Seoyeon's foot was on the edge of the first step and her hand barely clutched the railing to keep her from tumbling down the stairs. Jongdae's smile grew larger. "That's it! Isn't it," he said, ecstatically. "You love Kyungsoo! So, you were protecting him!" Seoyeon's foot slipped, but she caught herself and placed her foot firmly on the step again.

    "Yes! Yes, I was protecting him! But, I would do the same for you if someone was about to hurt you! And the rest of the boys," Seoyeon shouted. Jongdae smirked and grabbed Seoyeon's hand, lifting it from the railing. Her eyes widened.

    "You love Kyungsoo, don't you," Jongdae whispered. His eyes were filled with fire, and his smile possessed enough evil to rot his teeth.

    "Yes," Seoyeon whispered. Jongdae's smile grew larger as he released Seoyeon's hand. It all seemed like slow-motion as Seoyeon's feet flew out from beneath her and Jongdae grew further away, as she fell through the air down the stairs. Her head cracked against the stairs beneath her and she felt everything grow far away.

    Seoyeon jerked her head up and panted. Nightmare, she thought. She scanned the room and saw nine boys sitting at the table, all staring directly at her, besides LuHan. She breathed deeply and tried to calm her rapid heartbeat. 

    "Are y-you okay," XiuMin asked, leaning closer to her. Seoyeon looked down at her hands which were tightly gripping her jeans. Her nails tore small moon-shaped holes in the denim. She looked back up at XiuMin and a tear leaked from her eye.

    "I-I'm fine," she said, wiping her face. XiuMin looked skeptically at her and at Kyungsoo. Somehow, Kyungsoo knew that he was being stared at and he looked up at XiuMin. He gestured at Seoyeon and Kyungsoo stood up quickly. He rushed around to Seoyeon and dragged her out of the dining room, attracting everyone's attention. Soon after they left the room, the low murmur started up again. 

    "Have Kai and Tao been fed, yet? What about Jongdae? Last I knew, he was passed out in his room," Seoyeon said, turning to face Kyungsoo who was closing the door behind them.

    "Are you okay," Kyungsoo whispered.

    "Have Kai and Tao been fed yet," Seoyeon repeated. Kyungsoo grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently, urging her to answer. She sighed. "I had a nightmare. That's it." Kyungsoo pointed to his leg. "My leg is okay. Now, have they ben fed or not!?" Kyungsoo backed up, shocked that Seoyeon raised her voice at him. 

    "Y-Yes, they have been fed. Why are y-you being angry at me? H-Have I d-done b-bad," Kyungsoo whispered. He looked at her with sad eyes. Her face softened and she grabbed Kyungsoo's shoulder. 

    "I'm sorry, Kyungsoo... I just... I'm just confused and it's making me angry. You haven't done anything wrong, I promise. I just need to get some things straightened out in here," Seoyeon said, placing her hand over her heart. Kyungsoo nodded and looked away. Seoyeon sighed and turned to go back into the dining room. She stopped and turned back around after realizing where they were. They were in the long hallway.

    "Kyungsoo, do you know anything about this hallway," Seoyeon asked. He looked around and nodded. 

     "It's v-very special," he whispered. They walked together down the hall, looking at the pictures on the walls. It was very dark, and there was no light coming in through the windows, seeing as it was pretty late. 

    "What's so special about it," Seoyeon asked. Kyungsoo shrugged.

     "I d-don't know. Something about this hall makes people happy, I guess." As Kyungsoo was explaining the good that this hallway had done, Seoyeon felt her head growing light, and her legs felt like rubber again. She tried to shake it off, but it was persistent. She veered right to rest against the wall.

    "Are y-you okay," Kyungsoo whispered. He grabbed Seoyeon's arm and helped her keep her balance. Seoyeon closed her eyes and tried to keep herself upright. 

    "I-I'm f-f-fine," Seoyeon said. She stood up and opened her eyes, trying to walk it off, but quickly discovered that it wasn't a good idea. An ominous black clouded her vision, closing in from the outside, and everything swirled around her. She fell against the wall, but the world tilted and tipped every which way. She tried to stay upright, but the black clouding her vision wouldn't allow her to see which way the world was falling. 

    "Seo- Y- O-" Kyungsoo's whispering faded in and out of Seoyeon's mind and she fell to the floor. Kyungsoo dove to her side and barely managed to reach his arms underneath her before she hit the ground. Without a second thought, Kyungsoo wrapped his tiny arms around Seoyeon, reaching under her legs, gathering her up into the bridal-style. He quickly hurried out of the hall and ran past everybody at the table. They all stood -with the exception of Baekhyun and LuHan, who hadn't noticed Kyungsoo yet- and ran toward Kyungsoo, who was now more than half way up the staircase. He skipped up the last two stairs and rushed into Seoyeon's room. He quickly but gently lay her down on her bed. He shook her frantically. 

    "What's wrong," Chanyeol shouted as he ran into the room, followed by the other 7 boys -including XiuMin and JunMyeon. Kyungsoo turned and stared into Chanyeol's eyes, causing Chanyeol to panic as well.

    "Sh-She isn't okay," Kyungsoo whispered loudly. "Sh-She hasn't been well! Sh-She hasn't had a-anything to e-eat or drink and she b-barely sleeps and she w-works so h-hard, and sh-she says she is confused about something!" Tears flooded down Kyungsoo's face and his hands frantically gripped Seoyeon's shirt. Chanyeol grabbed Kyungsoo under the arms and dragged him out of the room, despite his wriggling and kicking. The rest of the boys assisted Chanyeol with the wriggly Kyungsoo, except for Baekhyun. Baekhyun knelt beside Seoyeon's bed and her face.

    "K-Kyungsoo..." Seoyeon whispered. Baekhyun read her lips and smiled. He continued to pet her hair and her face until Chanyeol entered the room. His shadow cast across the room and startled Baekhyun. 

    "It's okay," Chanyeol said. He sighed when he remembered that Baekyun couldn't hear him. "I wish you could hear me. Then, I could tell you how I feel about you," Chanyeol whispered. Baekhyun had his back turned toward him. Chanyeol walked to the bed and knelt beside Baekhyun. He tapped Baekhyun on the shoulder and mouthed the words, 'Is she okay?' Baekhyun nodded and looked back down at Seoyeon. Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun fondly. 

    "Do you know that I love you? God, I wish you could hear me. I would tell you anything you wanted to hear," Chanyeol whispered. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol in confusion. He signed out the words, 'Strangely... I can hear you... In my mind.' Baekhyun saw Chanyeol's eyes widen and his cheeks flushed a bright, bright red. Chanyeol stood to leave, but Baekhyun grabbed his hand. 

    There was a spark when their hands touched; Something alerted them about what the other was thinking. They quickly pulled their hand away and blushed hard. They sat and stood quietly, trying to decide what to do. Chanyeol cautiously knelt beside Baekhyun and tapped his shoulder to get his attention. He mouthed the words, 'Tomorrow. We work together tomorrow.' Baekhyun smiled and looked away. He was nervous. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's attention again.

    "Good night," Chanyeol whispered. Baekhyun nodded, and Chanyeol left the room. Baekhyun sighed and leaned against the bed. He then patted Seoyeon's hand fondly and left the room. After Chanyeol decided that Baekhyun was gone, he reentered the room, and crawled in bed with Seoyeon. He cautiously wrapped his arms around Seoyeon's waist, but froze as she whispered in her sleep.

    "Kyungsoo... I love you," she whispered. Chanyeol smiled and buried his face in the hard pillow. Seoyeon slightly rolled before getting comfortable, and Chanyeol lie still with Seoyeon is his arms.

    "Good night, Seoyeon. Sweet dreams," Chanyeol whispered.