Today, We Rest.

Crash

      Seoyeon walked through the dining room casually, knowing she had nothing to do. There was was no one to work with for the rest of the day. She smiled softly and climbed the stairs slowly, taking time to care for her leg. She headed toward Chanyeol's room so she could make sure he wasn't in there with the damaged floor. To her relief, the room was empty. 

     "Seoyeon? Are you in there," a voice called. Seoyeon limped to the room where the voice came from-- Sehun's room--and saw LuHan sitting in the windowsill. "Seoyeon? Is that you?" She quickly hurried forward to LuHan's side and grabbed his hands. 

      "Yes, it's me," she reassured him. She the back of his hand softly and he sighed in relief. "What do you need?" LuHan was obviously upset. Seoyeon could tell that something wasn't right, even even with how briefly they were acquainted. 

      "I can't find Sehun. Do you know where he went?" He pouted his lips. "He just disappeared this morning." Seoyeon was confused, She hadn't seen him, either, and it didn't seem as if Sehun would just leave LuHan like that unless something was wrong. She sat beside him and continued to hold his hand. 

      "Did he do anything strange or unusual before he left? Is there anywhere you can think of that he would go to?" LuHan hummed and thought hard for a few moments before shaking his head 'no.' Seoyeon sighed and thought, as well. Just then, a head of curly red hair poked into the bedroom. It was Chanyeol. 

      "Hey, S-Seoyeon," Chanyeol squeaked, meekly. "Can I borrow you for a moment?" Seoyeon looked back and forth between LuHan and Chanyeol then sighed softly and nodded. 

      "I'll be right back," she promised LuHan. LuHan nodded and sat back further in the windowsill. He sighed in contentment when the glass, warm from the sun, was pressed against his clothed back. As LuHan sat motionlessly on the ledge, Seoyeon met with Chanyeol in the hallway outside the bedroom. Chanyeol was fidgeting and wringing his hands. He was obviously nervous about something.

      "You know how I used to, you know-" He made a hand gesture to signify a cutting motion. Seoyeon only nodded and arched her brow. "Well, I got blood on my hands a lot when I did it, and... well, there was blood Sehun's hands, and it wasn't someone else's." He frowned and watched Seoyeon's face darken. "He was outside by the pond," he called as she took off down the stairs. 

      Seoyeon rushed down the staircase at her top speed, forgetting about her injured leg until it began to ache. She limped through the kitchen, attracting the attention of a flour-covered Kyungsoo. He was confused and concerned, so he followed behind her. He tried to call her name but not even a whisper would escape his lips. It was strange how the science of speech worked. Somehow, Kyungsoo had sang for Seoyeon once. He even managed to mutter small words; how could he not speak fluently? He thought to himself on many occasions that something in his brain was messed up. And, it could be that, that was the case.

      "Sehun," Seoyeon called, frantically. She couldn't see him. Frantic thoughts ran through Seoyeon's mind as she hobbled past the pond. "Sehun-ah?" She stopped moving. She heard it again and thought she heard her name being called. She spun around and saw Kyungsoo runnign toward her. Was it him she heard? "Kyungsoo, did you just call my name?" He looked upon her with wide eyes and shook his head. He couldn't even get a croak out at that moment because he was out of breath. "Then, who was it?" Kyungsoo shrugged and looked down, happening to catch a glimpse of a bright red patch of dirt. He tapped Seoyeon's shoulder and pointed it out, causing her to gasp and dart toward it. "Sehun! He's close!" She began to search frantically. Kyungsoo had just happened to look into the pond and saw more red. On the large rock and in the water- he knew what it was/ He rushed to the pond and jumped in, shocking Seoyeon as she heard the splash. She only realized what he was doing when he dragged Sehun by under his arms to the edge of the pond. She helped him lift the limp boy out and sobbed when she saw his shirt drenched in bright red. 

      "Sehun!" She covered her face quickly. She was convinced he was dead. Then he croaked her name. 

       "Th-Th-Theoyeon..." Sehun managed to choke out. He removed the hand that was clutching his neck and revealed a deep gash. As Seoyeon stared in shock, Kyungsoo thought quickly and whipped his shirt off to use it to cover the wound. He smacked Sehun's face lgithly to keep him awake and then shook Seoyeon. She blinked away the shocked expression and looked down at the bleeding boy. Kyungso grabbed her hand and pressed it down on the shirt to keep the pressure there as he stood up and sprinted into the house. While Kyungsoo was gone, Seoyeon couldn't hide the panic that was overwhelming her. She tried her hardest not to cry or panic out loud, but she was losing her will to hide her terror. 

      "What happened? What did you do? Did someone else do this?" Tears rolled down her face and Sehun could only attempt to flop his head to the side to say 'no.' It didn't work, unfortunately for him. Just then, Kyungsoo returned with a small white briefcase that must have been a first-aid kit. He set it down beside them and knelt by the boy's head. He removed her hand and replaced it with his own. After he was positive he was ready to begin the bandaging he removed the shirt and swabbed it down with an alcohol pad he opened with his teeth. He then grabbed the packaged suturing supplies. There were a pair of needle holders and a pair of forceps. 

      "What do you need me to do," asked a frightened Seoyeon. Kyungsoo didn't want Seoyeon to help, as it scared her, but he did need the extra hands. He pointed down to the forceps and as Seoyeon handed them to him, he clamped them down on the wound to hold the flesh together. He then pointed to the needle holder and a needle with the proper thread on it, and Seoyeon handed him those as well. He hoped she would look away as he performed this nerve-wracking procedure. He began to suture the wound in Sehun's neck shut and cut the thread at its end after tying several knots. After he was finished, he tore open a package of gauze and covered the wound. He used an additional two packages- just to be sure. After he taped the both down, he wrung his bloddy hands nervously. He scurried to the pond and soaked the blood off, then went back to Sehun's side where he shut the kit and waved his hand in front of Seoyeon's face. She was staring in petrified horror, but he finally got her attention. He traced the letters "CH, N, L" in the dirt and she understood. 

      Seoyeon hurried to the find to receive Chanyeol. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was shaking Sehun lightly to keep him awake. The boy was staring ahead, tears leaking from his eyes and completely soaking his face. Kyungsoo looked down at him with genuine concern filling his expression. He wondered how and what happened. He wouldn't ask now. He was also sorry for putting Sehun through that pain without any sedatives. It was just... he was already losing a lot of blood so his heart was slowing. It would have killed him. Finally, Seoyeon and Chanyeol hurried to Sehun's side, as well. Seoyeon grabbed the kit and Kyungsoo and Chanyeol carefully lifted Sehun. They carried him slowly into the house and placed him gently down on the floor in the long hallway. There was no way they could have made the stairs. They all hurried around to find lankets and pillow, and all the while, LuHan was slowly making his way down the stairs. He knew something was wrong; he could feel the tension. 

      He hurried through the empty stretch of dining room and then entered the hallway. Instantly, he detected the familiar smell of blood and alcohol. His heart sunk to the pit of his stomach and he slowly and cautiously approached Sehun's side. He knelt where he knew Sehun was and began to his hair softly. He didn't cry, despite how bad he felt. He wanted to scream and cry and curse whoever hurt him. Instead, he sat beside Sehun and hummed a shaky tune. His voice wavered abd shook with the tension in his throat, but he continued to hum and soothe the barely-conscious Sehun. The greatest mystery would be finding the one who did it. Now, how was Sehun supposed to work with Seoyeon? He wasn't going to work for a while, she decided. 

      "LuHan," Seoyeon whispered as she entered the hall. She watched him and forced the tears back from her eyes. It was a beautifully sorrowful picture. At that moment, she wished none of this ever happened. If it hadn't, Sehun wouldn't be dying and LuHan wouldn't be blind and they would probably all be happy. But that was wishing too much. Seoyeon knelt beside LuHan and wrapped her arms around him. He only released a shaky sigh. 

      "Who did this," he asked softly. Seoyeon bit back more tears and sighed, as well. She honestly didn't know... or did she? She thought for a while. 

       "LuHan... does Jongdae hate Sehun? Could he have done this?" LuHan finally broke. He began to sniffle and tears began to pool in his eyes. "Lu?" He began to cry softly. 

      "He hates me," he whimpered. Seoyeon stood up quickly and hurried out of the hallway into the kitchen. Even as LuHan reached out to stop her, she was gone. She grabbed a knife off the counter and clutched it tightly, heading through the dining room to the living room where Jongdae's room was tucked away in a small hallway. She charged into the room and glared at the startled Jongdae. 

      "Oh, Seoyeon. Nice to see you, as usual!" Seoyeon growled and drew back her arm before she leaped onto him. He yelped and covered his face and he was the glinting knife. "What is going on?!" He whimpered beneath her. 

       "Why did you hurt Sehun," she snarled. Jongdae then peeked out through a hole in between his fingers. 

      "What? I hurt Sehun?" She sat up and pushed Seoyoen off of him. "I did no such thing!" He held up his hands defensively. "You need to get your facts straight before you threaten people with knives," he said, stepping backward. "Now, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave. I need to slow my heart rate, unless you want me to be mean again." Seoyeon grumbled and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. She hurried back to LuHan's side. 

      "He didn't do it," she mumbled. LuHan shook his head as if he didn't believe her. "I know it." LuHan merely sighed and Sehun's hair. 

       "Is he going to be okay?" Seoyeon nodded, then remembered that LuHan couldn't hear nor see a nod. "How bad is it?" Seoyeon chewed the inside of her cheek. 

      "It's," she started. "It could have been much worse." Apparently that didn't make LuHan feel any better. He began to sniffle again. "No, no, I mean mean that it wasn't that bad. He will be okay," she said, rubbing his back softly. She really wished she knew that could be true. Sehun's face was extremely pale and he looked like he was sweating; he was probably in excruciating pain. It was most fortunate that at that moment LuHan couldn't see. Just then, Kyungsoo entered the hallway. In his hand he held a small flash with a cork in it. Seoyeon was confused.

      "Kyungsoo, what is that?" Kyungsoo looked down at LuHan and pointed at both of them, desturing for them to leave. Seoyeon frowned and sighed. "Kyungsoo is asking me to leave with you," she said in a soft voice. When she saw how uneasy LuHan was uneasy, she helped him to his feet. She was sincerely confused and concerned. The only thing she could see on the flask was a printed label that read "hydrophilic polimer and potassium ferrate." She hoped that Kyungsoo knew what he was doing. 

      Seoyeon led LuHan out of the hall and into the dining room where he began to swoon. Seoyeon caught him quickly and held him up. She fanned his face and called out for someone to help, but suddenly felt herself feeling faint, as well. 'No, not right now,' she thought to herself. She struggled to stay upright and finally fellunder the weight of both of them. They were both out cold. 

 


 

Hello, all!! I have returned! I hope this update isn't too bad! 

I know this one is really scary and confusing,

but it is all part of my plan for world domination

IT WILL ALL BE REVEALED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.