And Tell Me What It Says

Crash

    Seoyeon rolled over in bed, hoping to escape the bright light that was invading her peaceful slumber. When she found that she could not, she grumbled and sat up. She looked around and pouted. 
    "Kyungsoo? Lay? Someone?" She crawled out of bed and squirmed awkwardly, feeling that her shirt was not fitting properly. She looked down to see her buttons through the wrong holes, causing her shirt to be turned nearly sideways. She gasped and fixed it quickly. She then walked out the door and looked both ways- even double-taking, searching for another human being. She took a left and entered the room that Kai and Tao shared with the others. She found both boys sleeping, but saw no one that could tell her what happened. She spun around and gasped in shock as she came face-to-face with XiuMin. 
    "OH MY GOD!" She clasped her hand over and turned back to make sure she didn't wake up the boys. She sighed in relief and removed her hand after being assured they were still asleep. XiuMin cowered away from her and apologized profusely. She held her hands before her in a calming gesture. 
    "I'm s-sorry..." XiuMin started down the stairs. 
     "No, no! Minseok, please don't go! I didn't mean to-" She was cut off as a lethargic-looking Kris stumbled out of the room leading to the long hallway on the first floor.
    "Oh! Seoyeon, you're awake!" XiuMin hurried down the stairs as Kris started his way up the other staircase. Kris looked after XiuMin curiously and looked down at Seoyeon. She sighed in frustration. 
    "I see how today is going to go," she grumbled.
     "What was that? What is that supposed to mean?" Kris tilted his head in confusion. Seoyeon smiled softly and shook her head. 
    "Don't worry about it. What you do need to worry about, though..." Seoyeon tugs on his sleeve, pulling him into her room. "Is what happened yesterday. I fainted? When and what happened?" Kris plops down on her bed and smiles at her, patting the bed beside him. He nodded and made an Oscar-worthy pout.
    "It was after you were finished with Tao and Kai for the day; after you got them to move-" Kris was cut off by Seoyeon suddenly jumping up.
     "THEY MOVED!?" Kris shushed her and gestured for her to sit down again. 
    "Yes, they moved." He rubbed his face nervously. "You mean you don't remember?" Seoyeon frowned and shook her head 'no.' Kris began to talk but stopped to cough once more. "Damn," he hissed. Seoyeon shrugged and urged him to go on. "Well, you fainted and I brought you back up here, putting your pants and shirt on you the best I could. I had to hurry back down to Kyungsoo who was waiting with Kai and Tao. Poor little guys... They looked worse than raisins." He sighed and looked back at Seoyeon. She massaged her temples with two fingers. 
    "So... You're telling me you dressed me... You touched me." She looked up at him angrily. He held his hands up defensively, but she proceeded. "It's fine; I forgive you."
    "Just like that?" 
     "Just like that. I mean, it could have been worse. You could have been Jongdae," she said. He tilted his head in confusion, but she waved her hand dismissively. "Never mind. Now..." She stood up. "I need to go work with Minseok and JunMyeon. And you need to go outside and breathe fresh air." Kris nodded and stood up, helping Seoyeon to her feet. 
    As they left the room, they parted ways- Kris going down the right staircase and Seoyeon limping down the left. When Seoyeon finally reached the bottom, she headed straight for XiuMin and Suho's room. She cautiously knocked on their door and heard an expected shuffling of feet and nervous words. 
    "It's me, Seoyeon," she softly said through the door. The rustling stopped and the door creaked open, seemingly by itself. She stepped in and saw JunMyeon hiding meekly behind the door. "Hey..." She reached out slowly and JunMyeon's hair. He flinched at the movement, then attempted to smile as he became accustomed to it. Seoyeon smiled at him and looked around. "Where's Min?" As if on cue, XiuMin stepped out of the closet. Seoyeon was a mere second away from cracking a joke, but she was beat to it.
    "H-He came out of the c-closet..." Suho whispered. Seoyeon snorted and stifled a laugh with her fingers. XiuMin glared at JunMyeon who smiled apologetically back. 
    "So, are you guys ready to work," Seoyeon asked. Both of the boys looked at each other before shrugging uneasily. Seoyeon gestured for them to follow her as she stepped out of the room. The boys looked at each other uneasily again before slowly following Seoyeon through the large lounging area and the dining area, and into the long hallway. She looked over her shoulder to make sure they were both following, then sat down in a small square patch of sunlight. Both of the boys looked around, surveying the hall as they made their way in. They sat across from Seoyeon in another patch of sunlight, staring at their surroundings. She smiles as she sees their curious round orbs scanning the walls. 
    "So," Seoyeon said quietly. Both of them seemed startled by the sound, but they snapped their attention to her. "Are you ready?" Both of them nodded. "We are only going to do one thing today, and that is a simple trust exercise. Are you in?" Minseok and JunMyeon both swallow hard, but nod in affirmation. Seoyeon stands up and brushes off her pants. 
    "To trust me..." She gestures for JunMyeon to stand with her. "I need to be able to trust you. To do this, I am going to do a trust fall with both of you." Both of they boys' eyes grew wide. "By doing this, we will form a mutual trust; You can trust that I will fall without wavering, and I can trust that you will catch me as I smile." Seoyeon shoots a small smile at XiuMin, hoping he remembered the encounter on the stairs. "Now, JunMyeon, you have to catch me, alright? I could get hurt if you don't." JunMyeon gulped loudly and nodded. 
    "Okay," he said, shakily. Seoyeon smiled at him and held her arms out from her sides before turning to face away from him. She took a deep breath and fell back, awaiting the feeling of arms under her own. She stiffened as she felt JunMyeon's arms wrap around her chest just under her own arms. JunMyeon caught Seoyeon and pushed her back to her feet. Seoyeon turned to face him and smiled. 
    "Gerat job!!" She couldn't contain her happiness and she reached out and hugged JunMyeon tightly. He stiffened, but hugged back after realizing what was going on. "Minseok, your turn," Seoyeon said, offering a hand to help him up. He took her hand and stood before her. 
    "Seoyeon, why do you think this will work? What makes you think this is a good idea? Or that any of this is a good idea, like helping all of us," Minseok asked. Seoyeon blinked in surprise, but cleared and answered. 
    "I have learned my fair share of things by experience, actually. I suffer frequent fainting spells as you know, and when I was younger, my mother was paralyzed and placed under my care. She somehow got in the tub without my help, and I fainted after getting her out. She caught me. She jutted her hand out and caught me- a paralyzed woman. And, I brought a deaf boy in this very hallway with me- he heard me singing to him. I brought a deathly-ill boy in here and he is mobile and better. I have helped a boy say his first words and another see his first ray of sunlight. Even more amazingly, I got two paralyzed and partially-mute boys to talk and move. You can't do those things without experience. Now, I know it seems useless to all of you, but it is not. I live for your smiles. And you should, too. I would be dead if it weren't for Kyungsoo. I feel now that I owe every human being a favor. Would you want to live every day of your life being afraid to open your door?"
    "No..."
     "How about your eyes? 
    "No..."
     "Your heart?" 
    "... No..." Seoyeon sighed and smiled. 
     "You see now?" XiuMin nodded and blinked away tears. He smiled back at Seoyeon. 
    "Thank you." Seoyeon nodded and smiled again. "Shall we get to it?" Seoyeon gave him a thumbs-up and turned around, holding her arms out. She held her breath and fell back, nervously hoping for the feeling of arms around her. When she didn't feel them, she panicked but still stayed stiff. She knew that if she was to gain these boys' trust and to trust them back, she was to remain as stiff as a board. The moment she knew she would hit the floor, she felt arms under hers, catching her just in time. She was lifted back up to her feet, and she turned around to face Minseok. A small smile crept across his face.
    "You t-trust me," XiuMin said with a smile. Seoyeon nodded her head 'yes' and enclosed XiuMin in a tight hug. He seemed to flinch at the motion, but he hugged her in return and patted her back gently. As they parted, XiuMin looked around. "So, we're finished, then?" Seoyeon blinked and laughed. 
    "It appears so." They all started back down the hallway, but were stopped as Seoyeon grabbed the boys' shoulders. 
     "What's wrong," JunMyeon asked. Seoyeon grabbed both of the boys for support. 
    "I-I... I'm about to faint," she managed to say between deep gasps for air. Both of the boys grabbed her and lowered her to the floor as her eyelids slammed shut and her body went limp. Both of the boys frantically looked at each other before Minseok finally scooped her up in his arms and carried her through the hallway, dining room and living room. JunMyeon opened the bedroom door for Minseok who rushed in with Seoyeon and gently placed her on his bed. 
    "G-Go get Kyungsoo or Kris or Yixing or Chanyeol or someone," Minseok said frantically to JunMyeon who scampered from the room to bring back help. Minseok gently patted Seoyeon's face, hoping she would wake up and smile and tell him it was okay. To be honest with himself, the poor boy was frightened. He had never had anyone faint in his arms before, and honestly he never thought he would have to. JunMyeon returned with a confused Chanyeol, who nearly nailed his forehead on the doorway. 
    "Sh-She just fainted! What do we do," JunMyeon asked frantically. Chanyeol knelt beside her and leaned his face down to make sure she was breathing. He sighed and patted her hand softly. 
    "She's fine, guys. Just let her sleep it off. She'll be up soon," Chanyeol said. He stood to leave, then spun around quickly. "Whoa, you guys are talking to me! Like, really talking!" He smiled widely and clapped. "Why?" Both XiuMin and JunMyeon smiled at each other. 
    "Well..." Chanyeol leans in with curious and sparkling eyes. "It was Seoyeon. She showed both of us that you have to trust people. Granted, not all people, but the ones that haven't broken your trust. I don't think," Minseok started. "I don't think we're ready to talk to everybody else, but it's a g-good start." He smiles. "Right, Chanyeol-Ah?" Chanyeol nods and smiles. 
    "I'm glad that you guys at least talked to me. It's been a while." JunMyeon smiles and looks down at Seoyeon. 
     "Thank the sleeping angel," he said. XiuMin and Chanyeol smile. 
    "Sleeping Angel?" JunMyeon nods. 
     "She seems to cause miracles wherever she goes. I would call that angel, wouldn't you?" Neither Chanyeol and Minseok could object to the fact: Seoyeon is an angel.


 

 

Sorry for taking so long, guys. T^T I really am. I swear I will work harder. I am such a horrible person OTL

 

Anyway, thank you for reading and subscribing. :3 If you really like it, you should UPVOTE. :3