chapter nine

Demons


Ava woke Baekhyun up in the middle of the night and asked why he was breathing so heavily.

He wasn’t.

 

Baekhyun sat up and looked around, was anyone hurt? He looked around and stopped at the sleeping Sehun who clutched his gun carefully, and then he eyed the sound asleep Kai who had a gun in his hand as well.

Then he heard it as well, it was two in the morning and Baekhyun heard the raspy breaths. This time, it didn’t sound like a corpse…it sounded human almost.

He stood up and turned the lights on. Ava tied her hair up and grabbed her weapons while the boys woke up.

“Is it morning already?” Sehun wrinkled his nose from the lack of sleep.

“Technically, yes.” Ava said as she looked around.

“What’s wrong?” Kai asked as Baekhyun slowly opened her closet doors.

“There’s no one here…” Baekhyun said in confusion. “How?”

“What do you mean how?” Kai stood up and followed Baekhyun around Ava’s room.

“Guys stop and listen.” Ava said.

 

They paused and listened, Sehun was the first to notice the breathing. “Which one of you is breathing like that?”

“None…that’s the thing.” Kai quickly caught on. He pointed his gun in front of him as he turned around. “There’s someone else here.”

Baekhyun grabbed Ava’s wrist and pulled her close. “Your parents…are they okay?” He asked quietly.

Ava pointed her gun in front of her as she opened the door. Baekhyun followed quickly behind, they were almost unnoticeable in the pitch black darkness with their leather clothing.

 

Her mother gasped when she felted the gun up against her cheek.

Ava turned the lights on and instantly pulled her arm away. “Oh mom! I’m sorry.” She whispered.

Baekhyun towered over Ava as he stood behind her; he noticed the cup of water her mother was holding. “Ah…you were getting water.”

“What are you kids doing up so late? And Ava are your other friends in the guest bedroom? I don’t like the idea of all three boys in your room, especially since I don’t know two of them.”

“Mom we need to go…” She pushed past her mother gently.

Baekhyun turned around and bowed his head out of respect.

 

Her mother stood in the kitchen dumbfounded while Sehun and Kai followed behind. “Where are you kids going?”

“There’s something in your house.” Sehun turned around and said bluntly. “It’s haunted and you’re the only oblivious one here.”

 

Ava the porch lights and stood in awe for a few minutes as she looked around. Dead bodies everywhere and those dead bodies would turn into corpses. The houses that once looked decent now looked as if they were abandoned for a hundred years.

The light above her flickered, the city was a mess. She turned around to Baekhyun with sad eyes. “I want to go home.”

Baekhyun dropped his gun and stepped up to her. He grabbed her face and gave her a kiss. “I’m sorry, there’s no way out…we are home.”

 

Sehun and Kai walked out after them, they sighed and looked at each other. “It’s true…” Kai mumbled. “There’s no way out of this city.” He whispered.

Sehun looked around. “I wish I had a proper explanation to this.”

 

They walked into Ava’s backyard and looked around. Where was that sound coming from? Who was breathing like that?

There was no one there and Ava was on the verge of insanity. There was no way out of this town, there wasn’t a complete explanation to whatever the hell was going on, her house is the safest or some reason and she was seeing and hearing things.

 

The paused when the suddenly noticed everything around them, the moon was out and it wasn’t as dark as it was before. Why?

 

Ava walked out of her backyard and stood in the middle of the street; she pulled two guns off her back and pointed them in front of her. “There’s someone here…and this I’m, I’m certain it’s a human.”

 

Sehun ran out of her yard when she heard her scream.

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay?”

Sehun pried the teen off Ava as Baekhyun ran out behind him. He stood next to Ava protectively as Sehun examined the man. Kai pointed his gun at him the whole time.

Ava looked up and pushed his gun away. “I think he’s hurt…wait.”

 

The teen opened his eyes and winced in pain. He gasped and pointed. “There’s…more of them…”

Ava stood up and pointed her guns. “Guys….run.”

Baekhyun turned around to see the mob of corpses running. He was indeed a human  because the only reason why the corpses were running so fast because they were craving for something they haven’t had in a while; human blood.

“Get him to my garage…I’ll meet you there…hurry.”

 

Ava fired bullet after bullet. She looked around. “There’s too many of them…”

“Ava come on!” Kai screamed as he was closing the garage doors.

She ran and fired. When the bullets were out, she dropped them and pulled a grenade out.

Baekhyun gulped as he watched. Would this even work?”

 

She pulled the tabs off and threw them on the floor, all ten of them. “15 seconds.” Ava whispered to herself.

She threw them and ran towards the garage doors. “KAI, JUST CLOSE THEM…I’LL SLIDE UNDER. QUICK.” She turned around once more to see the ball of fire erupt from the middle of the crowd.

Ava slid under before the doors closed.

Sehun covered his ears as the grenades went off.

Ava turned her attention to the teen with the gashes and cuts. “Who are you?” She asked softly as she looked around for a first aid kid.

“Kris …Kris Wu.” 


[a/n] hm, now doesn't his name seem familiar? x3