chapter six

Demons

thanks for the poster, BobaTea__


“Go check on your family.” Kai said as they walked out onto the street. “There seems to be no corpses at the moment…I’ll call you guys when google gets back to me.”

He clutched his tablet and pointed his gun in the direction of Baekhyun’s house.

Baekhyun grabbed Ava’s hand and started walking.

 

Kai looked around and nervously pointed his gun in the direction he was walking in. He was horrified, what if one of those things bit him?

He found his way back to the gun shop just to find his uncle with his head down on the counter. There was an odd stench. He looked around and noticed a few dead bodies, the blue pale color seemed familiar.

“No…” He shook his head and went to his uncle. “Uncle!” Kai grabbed the man by his shoulders and shook him away. He noticed the bite marks on his arms and neck. He got bitten.

Kai fell back when his uncle snapped up, he growled like the corpses would. His dark eyes turned a light grey yellow color; Kai noticed how his skin tone was getting paler.

His uncle too, had the need to feed.

Kai gasped and reached for his gun, he pointed at his uncle but couldn’t bring himself to do it.

He gasped as he watched bullets fly though his uncle’s head anyway. Kai dropped his gun, what was this? Did he really pull the trigger on his own remaining family member?

His parents had already been bitten by the corpses this morning and his sisters were nowhere to be found.

 

Kai looked up to see another teen around his age wearing all leather. His blonde hair was swooped up; he had guns and knives on him too.

“Once they’re bitten, there’s no going back. A human will turn into a living corpse if they’re bitten.” The male said. “I’m sorry if you guys were related.” He said quietly.

Kai stood up and put his gun back. He was still in shock but he decided to play it cool. “I’m Kai.” I said quietly. “How do you know all of this?”

“I’m Sehun, my dad owns a labortoy and I guess he was quick to find out about this. There’s an anti virus you can take that will prevent you from turning into a zombie if you’re bitten. I already took it, it also helps with wounds, you heal faster and your bones don’t break easily.” He explained.

“How many of those do you have left?” Kai asked.

“Four.” Sehun said.

“Can I have three of em?” Kai asked.

“I think it’d be better if you just come by and get it done by my father; I heard there aren’t many humans left. Half of this town’s populations are corpses.” Sehun said.

“Mind if we get my friends?” Kai asked.

The blonde nodded. “Sure.”

 

Ava and Baekhyun grabbed their guns when they heard the shots fired.

Baekyeon stayed by her parent’s side the whole time. Ava grabbed one of her other guns and handed it to Baekhyun’s father.

“Do you know how to use this?” Ava asked.

The man panicked and held the gun in his hand. “I-I don’t think…”

Ava pointed at a corpse that was running towards them. “Point and shoot.”

Baekyeon covered her ears and watched as two bullets flew through the corpse’s head.

 

“Ava!” Kai shouted her name.

Ava turned around and saw Kai walking towards them with another male.

“Who’s this?” Baekhyun asked.

“Sehun, his father knows about the corpses and stuff. There’s an anti virus for you two, so if you get bitten you won’t turn into zombie and go on killing spree. As for your family, you can stay at his father’s laboratory.”

Ava gasped. “What about my family?”

 

Ava ran into her house with Baekhyun close behind.

Sehun and Kai had brought Baekhyun’s family to the laboratory while Ava checked on her family.

“Mom!” She ran into the living room to find her mother sorting out some photos.

“Oh Ava how come you came home so lat- Honey, what are you wearing and why do you have guns?”

Ava grabbed a gun that was hooked to her back and pointed it directly behind her when she heard footsteps.

“Whoa! Put the gun down, it’s me.” Her father said with his hands up. “What’s with the leather?”

“You guys haven’t seen the corpses?” Ava asked. Baekhyun stood behind her and rested his hand on her waist. “Don’t say too much.” He whispered.

“What?” Her parents looked at her with weird faces of confusion.

“Ah…nothing.” Ava stammered. “I-I’ll go upstairs.” She said.

Baekhyun felt Ava grab his hand as she pulled him along.

 

She stood in her room and looked around. Everything seemed normal. Baekhyun stared at her and whispered. “There’s something in your closet.” He whispered.

Ava stood there silently and noticed the raspy breathing. A corpse?

 

Ava grabbed her gun and inched her way towards the closet. Baekhyun already had his pointed at whatever was there.

She pulled open the closet and gasped when the angel statue was there.

“Ava don’t-“

She touched it and drew her hand back immediately. “It-It’s warm…like a human.” Ava stuttered in fear.

Baekhyun dropped his gun down onto her bed and went over. He grabbed the statue and chucked it at the window.

Ava flinched as she heard the windows shatter. They peeked out the window and sighed in relief when the porcelain statue was in pieces.

 

Baekhyun put his weapon back and shuttered. “We need to get out of here.” He said.

Ava nodded and walked out with him just to find the angel statue by the door again…in one piece.