chapter five

Demons

thanks for the poster vanilafurtado


Ava pointed her gun in front of her, Baekhyun followed behind. He held onto the chain and got ready to swing at anybody that popped out of nowhere.  

Ava paused at the door and stayed quiet. Baekhyun remained silent behind her.

She turned around. “There’s someone in there…and it’s not your family.” She whispered. Ava stood and listened. She heard the raspy breaths and the odd breathing. The corpses were in there and she didn’t know how many of them were there.

She stood stiffly in front of the door in fear. Baekhyun came up behind her; she felt his chest against her back. Ava looked over; he had his hand on her shoulder. “Be brave.” He whispered.

His hands reached to hold the gun with her. They pointed straight at the door.

 

Hell broke out when Ava kicked the door open. An army of corpses came running at them. They were dead, but came back to life. They had little to no intelligence and only had one need; the need to feed on human flesh. The only way to get rid of them was a brutal blow to the head.

Baekhyun pulled the trigger before letting go. He stepped in front of Ava and swung the chain. The sickening crack of their skulls no longer scared Ava anymore. They had the need to feed; she had the need to kill.

Baekhyun watched as Ava swung her legs. For someone so fragile, her kick seemed deadly.

She’d back flip off a corpse and watch the bullets fly through its body.  

 

Unfortunately, bullets and chains don’t last long. Baekhyun grabbed Ava and made a run for it. They ended up in the storage room of Baekhyun’s house. Ava locked the door and looked around. “What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked.

“They smell us…they know we’re humans. We aren’t gonna last long in here.” She whispered. “I ran through the whole house…I think I know where your family is.” She whispered.

Ava grabbed a metal rod off one of the shelves. “Lift me up.” She said.

Baekhyun did as he was told. He flushed pink as Ava sat on his shoulders. She rammed the pole up against the ceiling until the hole was big enough to fit the two.

Ava climbed through and helped Baekhyun up.

 

They looked around in the attic and noticed another door. “Baekyeon? Mom? Dad?” Baekhyun looked around.

Ava flipped a desk over to cover the hole as she grabbed her gun again. She stared at it, there was only one bullet left and if there was a swarm of corpses in behind the door, they’d be done.

For once, Baekhyun felt relieved to see his little sister. She ran out and hugged his legs. “Oppa!”

Baekhyun chuckled and picked the little girl up.

Ava smiled at the heart warming scene and bowed a little as his parents came out. “This town isn’t safe honey.” His mother looked over at his father.

“There’s no way out.” His father turned his attention back onto his tablet. “This town doesn’t exist…it’s not on the maps. Our house address isn’t even a real location.” He whispered.

Ava gulped and dropped the gun. She went over and lifted the windows. There was no way she’d get out without breaking a bone or two, a three story jump seemed very risky.

“Baek, we aren’t gonna get out.” She whispered.

Baekyeon looked up at her older brother. “Oppa, you never let anyone else call you Baek…Why does she get to do it?”

Baekhyun put her down. “Baekyeon shush, we’re trying to get out of here.”

 

He walked over to one of the chests in the attic. Baekhyun looked at a book and shrugged. He chucked it at the window and watched as the glass shatter.

He looked down. “I think I can climb down from here and get help or something.” Baekhyun said.

Ava grabbed his arm. “Baekhyun no…it’s three stories. Are you crazy?”

“Well we can’t stay here forever. You’ve seen the amount of corpses down stairs…they will find a way up eventually.” He said.

Ava stood back. “Be careful.” She whispered.

 

“Ava!” Baekhyun stood in front of his house and looked up.

She peeked out the window.

“Jump!” He had his arms wide open. “I’ll catch you, promise!”

Ava shook her head.

“Hey, I heard you took on cheerleading back in high school. You got thrown ten feet in the air, how is jumping from a three story building that bad?” He said.

Ava sighed and took her bag off. “Baekyeon? Hold this please?”

The little girl held onto her bag as Ava climbed out the window.

 

Baekyeon watched in awe as the girl did twists and flips in the air before landing safely in Baekhyun’s arms. “Whoa…”

“Guess you still got the skills.” Baekhyun winked.

Ava laughed and nudged his arm playfully as she stood up. Baekyeon chucked Ava’s bag out the window and clapped when she caught it.

“Mom! I’ll get the fire department to come here; we’ll be at Kai’s house. It’s down by twenty eighth Street, the grey one. He’s lived here all his life, he probably knows about this stuff.” Baekhyun said.

“Honey please be careful! Don’t get Ava hurt!”

 

The next thing the two knew, they were at Kai’s uncle’s gun shop. For once someone finally entered the old place.

“This has never happened here before.” Kai whispered as he looked through the pictures Ava showed him.

He cringed at the sight of the unconscious officer, he had a chuck of his neck bitten off and there was blood everywhere. “What did this?”

“Corpses. They’re dead humans but someone came back to life with only one thing in mind; the need to feed on human flesh.” Baekhyun said.

“Do you know who they are?”

Ava shook her head. “Maybe you can identify them. Sent the picture to Google.” She said.

 

In a matter of minutes, Kai had sent all the pictures of the corpses to Google, now they only had to wait for an answer.

“Come with me.” Kai lead the way as he walked through the gun shop. “My uncle’s off today, but he’s heard about what happened. I don’t think he’d mind if you guys took some of these. I’m taking some of these with me too…God knows what’s gonna be in my house tonight.”

“I wondered why they only came to us…” Ava mumbled.

Kai turned around and looked at them. “Color. You’re wearing color. Notice how almost everyone else in this town wears dark colors? Blacks? Navy blues? Dark grays? Don’t you notice?”

Ava looked down at her short pale pink dress. “Huh…”

“Baekhyun, is Ava strong or…” Kai asked as he looked through the amount of leather suits.

“She’s delicate and fragile, she bruises easily.” Baekhyun said. “Why?”

Ava nodded. “Yeah, why?”

 

Kai went through the leather body suits and picked one out after eyeing Ava. “Put this on and take off those boots, put these on instead.” He handed her knee high wedge boots and the leather suit.

“Why?”

“Strongest suit there is, it protects you from bruising. These boots cover your legs and are actually very quiet when you walk. Bathroom’s over there.” He pointed.

 

Ava nodded and walked over to the bathroom while Kai took care of Baekhyun and himself.

After changing, Ava walked out with just her phone. “Left my stuff in the bathroom. I don’t think I’ll need it.” She said. Ava slipped her phone in her boot and walked towards Baekhyun.

Baekhyun turned around. Ava noticed all the muscles in his chest and his abs, his windblown brown hair just made everything a thousand times better. A Baekhyun wearing all leather was a hot Baekhyun.

Kai slipped his leather jacket on and grabbed a few guns. “Ava put these two on your back, they should hook on. Whenever you see or hear something just pull them out. They each have five hundred bullets, small but powerful.” He grinned.

He handed a few to Baekhyun too. “There are knives on your boots and extra guns on your side. Ready?”

Ava took a deep breath and nodded. “Ready.”


Author's note: Comment please!  

Have any of you watched Resident Evil 5? Here's what Ava's 'suit' looks like 

(Click on the images to see them up close :')