chapter four

Demons


Baekhyun woke up in the middle of the night when he felt a sudden breeze. Opening one eye, he took a peek and looked around. , the window's open. He got up to close the window, which was odd because he never had to deal with this. Baekhyun paused and stood in front of his window. 

Wasn't this always closed? Baekhyun felt the goose bumps form on his arms, he ran a finger down his elbow and felt the bumps forming. He gulped as he slowly looked over. He stared at the vanity mirror a few feet away from him. Baekhyun's heart stopped when he noticed the figure that stood behind him. It inched closer and closer to him, the longer he stared.

The lady's porcelain white skin seemed to glow in the darkness, her long black hair covered most of her face and her eyes were dark with the need to kill. Baekhyun couldn't look away, why did she look so...familiar? It's like he's seen her before.

The angel statue. Baekhyun looked around and grabbed the closest thing next to him. A baseball bat. He swung it at her and froze in fear when nothing happened. She's transparent? A ghost? He dropped the bat and was shocked to hear it drop so quietly. 

It got so close to him, the first thing on his mind was Ava.

 

Baekhyun gasped and turned to Ava, she was sleeping peacefully and had no clue what was going on. He felt a pair of cold hands grab him. It hurt so bad, he opened his mouth to scream but no sound came out. He felt her touch, her cold skin against his. 

She was real. She threw him on the floor, Baekhyun felt a sudden sharp pain shoot up his back. He groaned in pain as he watched it inch towards Ava. 

Ava seemed to fly up, she screamed a little before holding eye contact with the grudge. Demon. Ghoul. Whatever that thing was. She scrambled up and moved all the way back until she was in a corner. "B-Baek! Baekhyun!" 

Baekhyun grabbed the metal bat and stood up. "Hey! Don't ing touch her!"He growled.

He suddenly remembered what his judo master taught him all those years ago when he was young and didn't care about the art of fighting. 

He grabbed the creature by it's arm and flipped her over. It landed on the floor with a sickening crack of it's spine. Still, it stood up although it's bones were all twisted and bloody. 

Baekhyun grabbed the bat and swung it, he turned to cover's Ava's eyes. The demon dropped to the floor with it's skull cracked. He held her cheeks then her shoulders. "Are you okay? Did it hurt you? Are you bleeding anywhere?"

Ava shook her head with her eyes full of fear, she was shaking. "We need to get out of here." Baekhyun whispered. He untangled her from the sheets. The two became motionless when they saw the bloody hand prints that were hidden under the sheets. 

"B-Baek...what is that?" Ava choked out. 

"Are you sure you're not hurt?" He looked her up and down. 

"I'm fine, I swear." Ava walked around the hand prints and stepped down onto the floor. She shoved her boots on and grabbed her bag. Baekhyun slipped a varsity jacket on and had an arm around her the whole time. 

He grabbed his blanket and ripped it off the bed, his eyes widened in horror as he noticed a second hand print that's slightly smaller then the one above it. "There's another one here..." He whispered. 

 

Baekhyun turned around and noticed another demon crawl out of his closet. He grabbed the bat and swung once again. He cringed at the sound of it's skull cracking. There was blood on the floor and two dead bodies. 

"What are they?" Ava asked.

"I don't know, they're dead. They're dead, icy cold skin and no pulse but somehow they're still alive?" Baekhyun said. He grabbed her hand and the lights. "Let's go." 

 

He opened the door and walked out into his living room. Baekhyun ran towards his parent's room and knocked on the door frantically. 

A sleepy woman walked out. "Byun Baekhyun, you better have a logical reason for waking me up at 4:30 in the morning." 

"Mom, there's something in my room , can you look at it please. Please?!" Baekhyun asked.

"Baekhy-"

"Mrs.Byun, really...we don't know what it is." Ava said.

"Alright then..." She sighed.

 

Baekhyun's mother screamed so loud, the whole household woke up. "Honey! What happened?!" Baekhyun's father came running out while Baekyeon came out clutching her teddy bear. 

Ava held the little girl back and covered her eyes. "Don't look." 

Stubbornly, Baekyeon pried Ava's fingers away from her face and took a peek. "What's that?!" She buried her face into Ava's dress as she hugged her legs. 

 

The police were here in no time, Baekhyun walked around with Ava in the morning. Hand in hand, the explored the neighborhood. 

"Yo Byun Baekhyun! You got yourself a girl already?!" A deep voice hollered. 

Baekhyun laughed. "SHUT UP PARK CHANYEOL." 

 

Everything seemed fine until they got home. It was around eight and the police cars parked in front of Baekhyun's house seemed abandoned. 

The police officers laid lifelessly on the ground, there were huge bite marks on their necks; as if something just took a chunk of their skin and ran off. 

Baekhyun stopped while Ava kept on going. She bend down and took a picture of all the police reports. 

"Ava, be careful." Baekhyun came up behind her. He stopped. "My family." He whispered in horror. 

"You go check on them..." Ava pointed. "Wait, Baek.." She walked over to a pole where someone's bike was chained. The chain was halfway on. "The demons, creatures, whatever they're called...they tried taking this too..." She whispered as she ripped the metal chains apart. She looked at the bite mark. "These things...they can't be human if they can bite through metal.."

Baekhyun stood and started to panic. 

Ava walked over with a chain and swung it at a police door. The glass broke, Baekhyun just watched in awe as Ava reached to open a compartment in the car. She took a gun and extra bullets.

"Let's go." She whispered while handing Baekhyun the chain. "Take this." 

The two nodded and entered Baekhyun's house. 

Little did they know, they had no idea what to expect.