chapter ten

Demons


Ava nodded and reached for the first aid kit. “I’m gonna fix you up, K-Kris…” She whispered.

Sehun furrowed his brows. “Who are you?”

Baekhyun grabbed Ava and pulled her back into his arms protectively.

Kai walked over after locking up all the openings. “Kris Wu? I’ve never heard of you… This isn’t a big neighborhood…And I’ve lived here all my life, who are you?”

Kris sat up and winced when he scraped his knee against the ground. “I moved here a month ago.” He whispered. “What is this? Those…things.”

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. If he moved here a month ago then how come he didn’t see him around town this whole time?

“…Suspicious.” He whispered. “You’ve managed to stay under the radar this whole time until now? How come we’ve never seen you in public?” Baekhyun asked.

Ava nudged his shoulder. “Hey stop…we should help him first, he’s one of us.”  She inched towards him just to have Baekhyun pulled her back again.

“Sehun.” Baekhyun said before cocking his head towards the stranger’s direction.

 

After patching Kris up, Sehun stood up and grabbed a few more guns. “Who’s guns are these?” Sehun asked.

Ava grabbed one and chucked at it Kris. “Point. Aim. Pull the trigger. It’s simple.” She said before turning back to Sehun. “My father’s, I’m sure he won’t mind. He’s never used them anyway…do we have spare bullets?”

Kai opened up his vest. “We’re armed for the next 500 corpses, use them sparingly.”

Baekhyun stood up. “Isn’t this a small town? How come there are so many corpses? How is that possible?” He asked.

Kai shrugged. “I honestly don’t know, I don’t know why any of this is happening too.” He admitted. “Guys…”

“Yeah?”

Kai looked around, everything calmed down from all the commotion and they weren’t sweating anymore. “Notice something?” He asked.

Ava shook her head. “What is it?”

“It’s…cold.” Kai whispered.

Sehun stood up as well and looked around. “You could see your own breath when you breathe.” He whispered.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “But why is it suddenly getting so cold? I’m gonna freeze.”

“Freeze…” Ava mumbled. She let the word roll around in her head. “Freeze…guys…freeze.” She whispered. “Freeze, what happens when you freeze things?”

“It’s a way of preserving…” Baekhyun whispered in fear. His eyes widened. “Frozen bodies last longer and take longer to decompose…corpses…there’s more.”

Sehun squatted down in defeat. “We could die…the human body’s temperature could only raise and drop so much.” He whispered.

Kris stood up. “How about we get out of here? Before things get worst, that garage door can cave in.” He said. He walked over to the garage door and reached to open it.

Kai grabbed his shoulder. “No Kris, there could be more waiting for us.”

“Should we go upstairs?” Ava asked.

Sehun turned to her. “Are you crazy? There’s something in your house and we still haven’t figured out what it is.”

Baekhyun shook his head. “Sehun, we don’t have a choice right now.” He said before making his way towards the door that lead to her basement.

He opened it to see the angel statue standing before him.

Stumbling back, he gasped. He clutched his heart when Ava helped him stand up. “What is this doing here?” She asked out of fear. Her breath shortened and her heart beat quickened. It had the same old evil cackle.

Sehun aimed his gun and pulled the trigger, watching it shatter into pieces, he walked in first. He pointed his gun in front of him and took small steps.

 

Everyone jumped a little when he the light, at the end of the hallway were two dolls. With their pale white porcelain skin and blank stare, Ava screamed when their suddenly snapped their heads and laughed.

Kris managed to pull the trigger before things got out of hand.

Baekhyun held Ava’s hand tightly behind him. “Things will pop up, things will fall from the ceiling and you will feel things touch you…stay alert.”

Kai gasped when he felt a pair of cold hands grab his ankles. He stomped around before continuing.

 

They managed to all make it to Ava’s room. Sehun all the lights and taped all the windows closed. “Best I can do guys…I say we take turns. Ava’s house seems to be the only place unaffected by the corpses, still, the grudge…spirits and devils still lurk around. Stay on your guard; we can take turns sleeping again… I’m pretty um…I’m not tried, I’ll stay up first.”

 

Sehun sat on the chair by the window and held his gun close to him while everyone else settled down.

It took hours for them to fall asleep, but when they finally did, things startled happening.

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes when he heard the creaking; it was as if someone was walking on the floor above him, back and forth across the old wooden tiles. He looked around, Kris was in a corner, Kai in another and Sehun was on that chair. Ava was fast asleep on her bed and he was sitting by her.

He shook his head. It’s just me. He thought.

He buried his head in his arms and focused on falling asleep.

 

Ava opened her eyes when she felt a pair of cold arms wrap around her neck and waist. “Baekhyun?” She whispered.

No, she wished it was Baekhyun.

Slowly, she looked around the room, everyone where they were supposed to be. So who was touching her?

 

Ava gulped and turned a little more, stopping instantly when she heard its creepy moans.

It was faceless; she felt her cold hands tighten their grasp around her neck.

 

Slowly, she turned around and saw the familiar white colored paint. She froze.

 

The angel statue.


[a/n] I'm back on this account! I was busy with my stories on my other account (krismatics)  guys, I'm so sorry! 

enjoy! 

*mistakes = i'm sorry omfg