Chapter Nine

Take Care

The doc says I'm stuck with a cast for a month. That means no driving, no getting around, and take outs for a week. There is no way I'm letting Jessica cook and I have no idea how long Tae and Tiff are supposed to stay. I doubt it'll be a month. If anything, it'll probably be a week. Ever since she came here, it feels like I've been living a whole new life. Whether it was for the good or bad, I don't know. 

I head back home with Tae driving to see a restless Jessica. When I opened the door, she came running to me with a giant bear hug. She rapidly switched between apologizing and asking how I was doing.  i put my free hand on her head to pat and said, "I'm fine! It was an accident. There's no need to be sorry. Have you brushed your teeth?"

She shook her head. "I didn't know when you were going to be back so I stayed here. I didn't want to cause more trouble than I already did."

"You didn't cause any trouble. It was just as accident."

"But I'm the one who-"

"No buts." 

"While ya'll argue, I think me and Ppany will be taking our leave now. Thanks for letting us stay for the night and hope your arm heals."

"Thanks and you're welcome to come back."

They walked out the door, leaving us alone. I tell her it's alright. I go to the laundry basket and try to pick it up. It was a lot harder with one arm. While struggling to lift it, Jessica came over and carries it then asks where to put it. I smile at her and lead the way.

The rest of the day was filled with work. Jessica had done most of the things and even cooked. Although it was a large proportion of fried rice and I don't actually eat a lot of fried stuff, I ate it gratefully. Her cooking isn't as bad really. It's just she uses so much oil that it's so unhealthy and she measures wrongly. 

Taeyeon and Tiffany came back when we had finished all the chores of the house and were ready to go to bed. Unlike everyone else, I still had to go do more of my paperwork and one arm that isn't your will only slow down the process. I try typing with my left instead of writing the paper, knowing it won't be readable. Whoever designed the keyboard is a genius. Most of the keys are on the left side of the keyboard so I was able to conserve a little bit more time. 

In 1 in the morning, I'm still doing work with my eyes staring intensely at the laptop screen. I hear a door open and look to see it was. Jessica.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" I ask her

"I should be asking you the same. Put down your glasses. Its time for you to go to bed."

"You go on ahead. I need to finish this real quick."

"I waited for over 4 hours. Put down the work, take off your glasses, and accompany to bed. I don't want you losing sleep when you have to wake up at 7 o'clock in the morning."

"Ah fine."

I quickly organize my stuff and get up. We then both head to our bedroom and proceeded to sleep.


The next morning was always tiresome. Screw Monday. Who actually likes a Monday? I carefully slid out of bed to not wake Sica, grabbed my working clothes, then went to shower.

Putting on an undershirt is perfectly fine and easy for me. But there is no way I can get this button up on! I struggle and struggle till Jessica wakes up and sees me having a hard time getting dressed. She chuckles with her raspy voice whenever she wakes up then walks over to me, sliding my broken arm through the sleeve. She buttons the shirt slowly, cherishing the little moment that's currently occurring. I blush as she continues to gently dress me. She brushes her fingers against my stomach whenever she buttons, feeling my well toned enough abdomen. She then ties my tie into a neat, well aligned tie and grabs my vest. While buttoning, we hear a knock on the door and Taeyeon telling us breakfast is ready. I tell her we'd be out in a second and I get an "Mhm" as a respond. She buttons that last button and let her hands linger there for a while. I say thank you and pat her back to hurry and brush her teeth before her breakfast gets cold.

I finish breakfast of my own and everyone is ready to go back to work. I asked Jessica to come work with me since I can't drive or do anything with just my left arm. She hurries to get dressed in the fanciest clothes and comes back out looking stunningly beautiful. Even Taeyeon and Tiffany were astonished by the beauty kept in a normal looking girl. She was pretty before, but she's perfect now. 

I give her my car keys and ask if she knows how to drive. She shows me her drivers license and smiles. I carry everything I can carry for work while Sica carries the rest and we head to my office.

When we entered the building, everyone was surprised to see me not only with a broken arm, but also with Jessica. I never had an assistant and carried all my work independently so they instantly asked if Jessica was my assistant. I smile and say yes. This would give her the chance to work. I'll have a few people show her the ropes to it when I'm done.  We enter my office. She sets all of my binders on my desk and ask what she needs to do. I tell her to hold on and call over one of my most trusted workers, Yeonwoo. I ask for Yeonwoo to teach Jessica everything there is to being my assistant and the entire company workplace. Yeonwoo happily agreed to it. She practically dragged Jessica out of my office over the excitement from having a new coworker and soon to me companion. I smile and went back to my own work.

For the most of it, I was too busy concentrating on my own paperwork than the surroundings around me. I didn't even notice a person standing right next to me until who ever this person is held a freshly brewed cup of coffee. I look at who it was to see Jessica. I smiled and gratefully thanked her. She sat at the seat across from me.

"How was the tour?"

"Tiring. Who knew you owned a giant company when you're at this age?! Yeonwoo let me off early but we still have more to go tomorrow."

"Do you like Yeonwoo?"

"Yeah. She's very nice and introduced me to everyone we passed by. It's hard to not wonder how she knew everybody in the building."

"That's Yeonwoo for you. She's a good person."

"Whatcha working on?"

"Work. Would you like to help?"

"Sure!" 

For the rest of the day, Jessica stayed with me in my office. By the end of the day, everyone was already gone so there was only me and her in the entire company. She was slowly dozing off. I asked her if she wanted to leave yet. She shook her head and went back to the papers I assigned her. I close my laptop and grab her jacket saying, "Let's go."

We rode back to the condo quietly. It's nice to have someone accompany to work and back. I don't feel as lonely. I know this was supposed to be a fake relationship, but I can't help but think it's real. Jessica Sooyeon Jung, I think I love you.