Chapter Seven

Take Care

Right when we entered the condo I dropped all my bags down and went to the couch.

"You sure did tire yourself."

"How are you not tired? Didn't you say you get tired easily?"

"I do, but I wasn't the one to carry all the bags. Plus the caramel coffee kept me alive for the day."

"Yeah. Yours and mines."

"Still tasted good. Where should I put all these stuff?"

"Closet. I'll help." 

I carried 2/3s of the bags while she carried the rest and dropped them in my bedroom. Technically, its our bedroom now. So, our bedroom. The first thing I did was sort out my closet to have enough space for her own clothes. Once there was half the space there was left before available, we went through sorting all the sweatshirts, pajamas, blouses, cardigans, and jackets. Her pants were right beside them. We decided to wash those tomorrow since it was already late. Both of us changed into something a bit more comfortable. Problem was Jessica couldn't find anything her size. Everything I owned was too big for her so she had to pick the tightest shorts there were that were still slightly loose on her and my old work shirt that was even bigger than the other shirts and my old university sweatshirt. The sweatshirt reached close to her knees, covering the shorts. Honestly she looked kind of cute.

"Agh! Why are all your stuff so big!"

"It's not that I'm big. It's just that you're small."

"That's not fair!" After she said that her stomach growled.

"Are you hungry?"

"Maybe."

"We skipped lunch. I'm pretty sure you are. Go sit on the couch and watch TV or something. I'll get you a blanket and make dinner."

"Thanks."

I first grabbed a blanket for Jess then checked the fridge to see what we have. I have got to shop for some food. There was enough food for the both of us tonight but after that, there'll be nothing but water. With all the ingredients I have, I decided to make sweet rice cakes and  jang uh gui, eel that could be boiled, grilled, or both. The eel would usually take over an hour or more but she could always eat the spicy rice cakes first. I didn't have any other meat other than eel as a gift from someone so jang uh gui is the only option I have. I first started making the sweet rice cakes that didn't take too long. It was about half an hour long and was already ready. Usually, we'd be eating this on special occasions but might as well make with what we have. I put out the sweet rice cake out on the counter table and told Jessica they were ready. She came right to the table and took the first bite. 

"Wow. Since when could you cook?"

"Had to learn. I had to survive college somehow and didn't feel like dying of high cholesterol with all the noodles I ate."

"Aren't you going to eat some?"

"I'll have some later. I still have to make the main dish."

"Alright."

She continued eating a few of the rice cakes at a time. She seemed to be holding back. I knew she was hungry but she still ate slowly, as if to savor the taste. I'm glad. She seems to be really liking them. While I was grilling the eel, she came up to me and handed me a rice cake as if she was trying to feed me.

"You don't have to pretend, you know. Nobody's going to be coming when they spent almost all day with us."

"What if I say I'm not pretending?"

"Then I won't believe you."

She ignored my statement and said, "Just say ahh."

I opened my mouth. She slowly fed me as I took a bite. the last bite, I kissed her fingers. She looked into my eyes, bringing herself close to me until there was no space between us. Before she could even lean in I said, "We should stop. We'll continue this later. I have to cook the eels."

"I'll take your word on that."

She strutted her way back to the couch and watched some show I don't know. I finished grilling the eel and for the rest of the night I didn't dare look above me. I could tell she was eyeing me. I just couldn't look up to her. While I was watching the dishes, she cleaned the table. This was the first time she helped me around the house. 

The night went by fast. Because of her helping it took a lot less time than I expected. Both of us finished showering and everything. I was wearing some sweatpants and an old t-shirt I got a while ago while she wore my red checkered flannel. It seems no matter the size, it'll always be too big for her. I grabbed a spare pillow from my closet and when I was about to exit the bedroom, she grabbed my wrist and asked, "Where are you going?"

"To sleep. You should get some too. It looks like you haven't slept in ages."

"If you're going to sleep then why are you leaving the bedroom?"

"I told you before that I wasn't going to sleep with you every night, didn't I?"

"Yeah but I want you to sleep with me."

"Why? It's not like we're together."

"I just do, okay?"

She pulled me to the bed and forced me to lay down. I let the pillow I was holding fall from my hand. She climbed on top of me and said, "Let's start where we left off."

She straddled my waist as I put my hands on her hips. I leaned in for a kiss and stopped only a few millimeters from her face. I could feel her every breath against my lips. She connected the bridge and continued kissing me roughly. I returned the favor. Things were getting heated quickly and I knew, that we should stop. But I just can't control myself anymore. She has me on a leash. Just when she put her hands in my hair, tangling them to knots, someone screamed.

"Oh MY GOD!"

Why does this always happen?!

 

A/N: Sorry, everyone. School came up and piled a whole bunch of work on me. Then I got a family member hospitalized and I might be getting a dog. Right now, everything is so hectic and I barely even have time to go on my laptop. Sorry in advance for not updating as often as you'd like. I'll try to get on whenever I can. Thank you all for supporting me with this story and reading something that is (to me) terribly written. I really do appreciate your efforts for taking time to read "Take Care" so again, thank you. ^-^