Chapter Ten

Take Care
It's been well over a month and things just couldn't get any better. Everyday was the same routine. Difference is Taeyeon and Tiffany finally moved back to their own apartment, leaving us alone again. Of course, there was a little trouble with how breakfast was going to be made. We decided that I still cook breakfast but only the simple tasks that are able to use with just one hand. We're still in a fake relationship but it could never feel more real. I've already admitted to myself that I have feelings for her. In her case, I can't tell. She seems completely clueless of how I feel. But that's the only time I've ever been disappointed since I saw her. 
 
Ever since Jessica came working, life has never been easier. She took off a lot of what was on my plate and was able to organize my entire schedule for the day in less than an hour. Everyone at first seemed skeptical and thought she was mean but as they got to know her, they treated her as one of their own companions. Although Jessica may not seem like it, she really is a hard worker. 
 
Today's our day off but I'm stuck in my home office, checking on the progress of the new branch in Hong Kong we created. Jessica came to my side and put down a cup of my favorite freshly brewed coffee. 
 
"Don't overwork yourself so much. The doc says not to stress out so much cause of work."
 
"It's fine. When are we supposed to go get the cast removed?"
 
"In a few hours. I'll go get ready and pick out your outfit. You better have closed that laptop by the time I'm done."
 
"Yes, ma'am!"
 
It's always like this now. I don't exactly have the best fashion. Sometimes, it would look great but other times I feel like an eighty year old women. And for most of the times, I'm usually in my suit or my pajamas. There's never really a time for me to be the casual youngster people would find.  I mean there are a few clothes I have that are considered casual but I never really wear them. Ever since Jessica looked through my closet, she had been the one to dress me since I don't seem to do it right all the time myself. 
 
It wasn't long when she yelled for me to go shower. I got up and grabbed the clothes Jess had laid out for me. My favorite army jacket with a light blue button up, gray tank top, and a pair of slightly ripped up at the knees black skinny jeans. That works for me. 
 
When I finished showering, I called Jessica over to help me a bit. This was also always like this. Jessica had to do a lot of the workload from dressing me up to driving to even some of the housework. I feel bad for her. She's having to do a lot for me just cause of one arm. I plan to make it up to her once I get out of this damn cast. When she finished buttoning the last button, we headed out to the hospital. Time to get this thing off. Good riddance.
 
A few hours later~
 
The doc says I'll be able to drive soon and have to check up again in a week for an x-ray. Of course I'm still limited on doing things and I still have to take it easy. But I can finally dress myself! It's not that I didn't want her to dress me. It felt kind of nice. But I really shouldn't trouble her. 
 
Jessica was still the one that has to drive me around but now I can fully cook, clean, and do what I usually do. It was nice having a little break over the weekends but it was challenging at the company and boring as hell when Jessica had to clean. When we got back at the house, the both of us plopped on the couch, obviously not sure what to do. Jess had finished all the chores needed and there was no need for us to go out.
 
"So what do you wanna do?"
 
I faced her and half-heartedly said, "I do not know."
 
We both slumped down into the couch. The boredom we had was irritating.
 
"You got any movies?"
 
"A few. Rather go buy some?"
 
"Why not?"
 
Instead of taking the car, we just got up and walked the way there. The shop wasn't too far away anyways. There was no need for a car. When we got their, the clerk greeted us happily. I greeted him just as happily while Jess just smiled and did a little bow. I followed Jessica as she was roaming around for a movie to watch. Out of them all, she picked 4 that interested her. I paid the clerk and thanked him. After saying how he could keep the change, he said something very unexpected.
 
"You two make a very nice couple!" 
 
Jess smiled. I widened my eyes in shock and grinned dorkily. I thanked him again, grabbed Jessica's hand, and walked out happily. We decided to stop by at the park to watch the scenery. While talking happily with her, I saw the one person I never wanted to see. I told Jessica that there was no time to explain but we need to get out as fast as we can. She grabbed my hand and we both sped to the condo. I think I was too fast cause 1/4 of the way towards the condo, I heard a loud shriek and a force pulling me down. I looked down to see a Jessica clutching her ankle.
 
"Oh my God I'm so sorry Jess! Can you walk?"
 
I feel really bad now. I was too much in a rush that I forgot about how low of a stamina she has today. Today's lazy day, meaning she has to store up her energy for the weekday but I think I just used it all up. I help her up but she falls right into my embrace. 
 
"Get on my back."
 
"What about your arm?"
 
"I could care less. The condo isn't too far anyways."
 
She reluctantly agreed. On the way there I carried her with ease. She was light herself and I did have enough strength to be considered strong. It would’ve helped though if my right arm would heal a lot faster. I had to put most of her weight on my left. We were so close to the apartment when the girl I had been trying to run away from stands right in front of me, stopping us from entering. 
 
“Hello, Joohyun. I see you’ve gotten yourself a girlfriend.”