Chapter Six

Take Care

We all decided to take our seperate cars for the ride. Each unnie rode with their girlfriend. I grabbed another sweatshirt in case Sica ever got cold. She didn't have anything that belonged to hers with her so I had to pack a lot of money on me. She told me before she didn't own a lot of clothes but it was enough to get by and refused to use any of my own money for her sake. I kept telling her it was fine until she finally agreed to it. I wanted her to have the best. If she was going to live with me then she needs to have the best. I don't want to pamper her or anything. I don't want her wearing worn out t-shirts and ragged jeans when I have more than enough money to spend. She lived most her life in poverty. I want her to see there's more out there. And she's going to be part of that world. I'll make sure of it. 

I'm lucky enough to pick Hyundai Santa Fe when I was looking for a car. I knew for when I move around from my condo to camping outdoors or something I'd need a lot of stuff cause I usually stay for a while and whenever my unnies and I plan for a vacation we'd always need a few cars to fit everyone's stuff. It's mostly Tiffany's stuff that would fill up a car. Today won't be too much. But it's nice to have a car to fit a lot of clothes and maybe some necessities for Jess. I don't know what she needs or already have but we'll figure it out then and there. 

Out of the 4 cars, Jessica and I were the last to leave. She sat in the passenger seat staring out the window. Whenever we came to a stoplight I would steal a glance at her. I have to admit. Despite our first impressions of each other, she was still pretty cute. She really does look a lot better with light make up. It was nice and simple. Just the way I like it. She didn't seem to notice my little glances thankfully. It was always a quick millisecond then I would put my eyes back on the rode. When we reached Coex Mall I had to shake her to realize we were here. 

"You ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

The first place we went was the cafe. We've all been shopping with Tiffany before. She WILL exhaust you to the point of collapsing. I feel kind of bad for Taeyeon. She's going to have to carry all her bags by herself. Usually I'd be the one to help her but with my hands full of Jessica's stuff, there's no way I could carry another person's things. I ordered myself a peppermint mocha and Jessica a caramel latte. I handed her the coffee she wanted. She took a sip from it and smiled at the taste.

"Would you like to try it?"

"Sure. You can try mines." I took a small sip of her coffee as she took one from mines. 

"It tastes pretty good."

"Yours does too."

"Aww Maknae and Ice Princess are sharing each others drinks!"- Tiffany

"Oh shush. It's not like you don't do that with your Taetae." -Jessica

"Ehh but it's so cute when you guys do it!" -Tiffany

"I don't see it." -Jessica

"Yah! Speak in a language we all understand for once!" -Sunny

"She's just jealous."-Tifanny

"Definately."-Jessica

Tiffany was always the leader when it came to shopping. She was the person who led everyone to the first shop. She knew each of her styles so it was always easy for her to go to which shop we wanted to go. For me, it was always the bookstore. But she doesn't know Jessica's style. So today, it would be Jessica who would pick out the first shop. I think Tiffany has a slight sense of what kind of clothes Jessica likes. I saw her eyeing what she wore. Tiffany knew herself that the clothes she were going to wear were mines. She just didn't know what kind of clothes Jessica will make out of a different style. 

What was surprising was the first store we went to was Tiffany's absolute favorite. Jessica has chosen right on point. All the "seobangs" were following their girlfriends, waiting to carry the first bag of the day. We usually shop together from every month to every few months depending on everyone's schedule. It was always hard to make plans when each person has something go on. But because there may be a new member to the group, everybody cleared their entire schedule just to observe Jessica. If one member hears another member got a girlfriend then the entire group will hear about it. So when Tiffany told everyone, they cleared whatever they were doing and planned all the stages while Jessica and I were planning our relationship. 

The entire day from morning till 5 we had been shopping all throughout the mall. I was ready to pass out right then and there. I ordered myself a large caramel latte since Jessica's tasted pretty good. Whenever Jess was tired she would ask to take a sip from mines. After she took a sip she would go right back to shopping. But no matter how many bags Jessica had, it didn't beat Tiffany. There was a tower of bags building on Taeyeon that it was close to collapse. Everyone chipped in and helped the poor girl out before her arms fell off. I was about half way through my latte when everyone had finished shopping. We stopped by the bookstore at the last minute for me to get a book I've been wanting to get for a while. It wasn't one of the self-improvement books I'd usually get. It was called "Divergent" by Veronica Ross, an American author. I heard it was good so I wanted to read it when I get the chance to.

We all decided to eat dinner seperately. Everyone was exhausted and still had to put away all the things they got today before they ate dinner. That reminds me. We skipped lunch. The group added Jessica to our group chat on KakaoTalk and seperated at the parking lot. I gave all the bags that belonged to Taeyeon and Tiffany then went back to my own car. Jessica was already in the car waiting for me while sipping my caramel latte happily. Before I even opened my car door, I got a text message.

"Stage Two: Passed."