Chapter Eleven

Take Care

"I see you've got a girlfriend now, Joohyun."

"Hwanhee. Long time no see."

"Skip the greetings. I want you back."

"Do you not see my girlfriend who's on my back?!"

"Of course I see her. But something tells me she isn't really your girlfriend. She may have the looks you're going for but she doesn't look like she has the attitude."

"When will you accept the fact that I've moved on from you? You can't keep chasing me. I have a new love and I don't plan on letting her go."

I storm into my building and tell the security gauds to not let her in. Jessica wraps her arms around me tighter and whispers in my ear if I'm okay. I give her a look and smile faintly. When we get into our apartment, I bandage her foot and look at her.

"Was that girl your ex?"

"Yeah. Her name's Hwanhee. She's no good. From now on,  stay by my side and don't talk to her."

"But why is she no good?"

"She's deceiving and selfish. How about this. We take a four month vacation on a secluded island. It'll get your mind off work and you wouldn't be able to get far with that foot. By then, Hwanhee would already leave."

"But what about your work?"

"I'll have someone else take care of the appointments and I'll finish all the months worth paperwork."

"But this is just so sudden! This isn't like you."

"I know. But I just don't want to deal with her and I don't want you to get hurt. I care for you."

Both her and I blushed after I said that. In the end, she agreed with me and I started packing up for both of us while she sat still at the couch, resting her foot. I call my doctor and say I'll be going to an island and have my check up there. I book the second next flight for both of us then text all my friends I'll be away for four months. It wasn't till an hour later when I prepared everything and we were headed to the airport.

I help her walk as we board the plane. She limps whenever she takes a step but I help steady her. We sat in our seats with me getting the window seat. She's most likely tired so I tell her to sleep and I'll wake her up when we get there. She lays her head on my shoulder and I let her rest. I open my laptop and see the many files I had requested to be sent to me. This was one months worth. Wow. I quickly work the fastest I can. My eyes were only set on one goal and that was to finish all of this work. I have a vacation to spend with a certain someone and I refuse to be stuck in our hut working. Plus it’s my own hut. I built it a while back. It’s also secluded just like my own house cause I like the privacy but it’s right at the beach with a forest behind it so there’s no way to get electricity. Basically, you’re fending for yourself. But it’s a bucket load of fun so it’s worth all the physical endurance.

As hours past and night went into day, I was able to finish all my work by sacrificed my sleep. I close my laptop and ask the flight attendant how long it will be until we land. She politely says two hours and I thank her. Jessica stirs in her sleep and wakes up. She was shocked when she looked at me. I saw the concern in her eyes and that confused me even more

“Are you okay? Your eyes are all red and your bags are as heavy as a panda.”

So thats why she was staring at me. I smiled and say, “I’m fine. Just didn’t get enough sleep, that’s all.”

She looked at me worriedly and said okay. She tells me it’s time for me to sleep and I do. She allows herself to be my support and I don’t complain. I close my eyes and allow myself to drift into a deep slumber.

I woke up to the feeling of someone shaking my arm to wake up. I groggily look at the person and smile when I see it was Jessica.

“Time to wake up. You want me to carry a few bags?”

“I’d appreciate it thanks.”

It didn’t take long when we’re off the plane and already at a beach with the many shopping districts. I had once lived here for a bit and saw that nothing has changed. All the people were still as kind as ever and they even remember me. I introduced them to Jessica then asked for a boat. They happily gave me a boat to have with a discount. Jessica and I put all our luggage on the boat and I rowed the boat to my destination.

It wasn’t long until we reached a small hut that was enough for us to survive. There was a forest from behind with a nice waterfall for bathing and we could always use the boat to row back to the main city of the island. I tie the boat to my hut and show her around. It wasn’t much really. Just a small kitchen when you first enter with another three rooms of one being the living room, the bathroom that actually functions, and the last one being the bedroom. It’s a shame the bathroom only has a sink and toilet but it was hard enough to even install plumbing in a hut that isn’t made for this kind of stuff. But other than that, it’s just like every other hut.

There were already a few of my clothes from before that’s in the closet in the bedroom. I pulled one out for her to wear since our clothes were more made for the city and we definitely do not have the proper wear for this island. It was well past dinner so I went out to the ocean to catch a fish for both of us to eat while she changed into the clothes I gave her. The weather was pretty hot here but we can still manage. We just have to buy some more appropriate clothing and a few groceries. I don’t think she’d like eating fish all the time.

Right after I caught the fish she came to me, waiting at the shore and yelled, “What are you doing?!”

I yell back saying, “Grabbing dinner for us!”

“Need help?”

“Nah, just gotta start a fire now!”

I walk back to the shore and my entire body is soaked. I didn’t realize it myself until I set the fish down on a mat I laid out before hand. I looked at her but she was staring below eye level. I look and see the clothes I wore clung to me and were slightly see through.

“Hurry and go change,” she said in a deep, y voice.

“I-m fine. We still need to make dinner, remember?” Why am I stuttering? I’m a women of words! I never stutter!

“Dinner can wait. Come on, there should be something for you to wear.”

She dragged me back to the house, leaving the fish by itself. And it took forever to catch that by hand. She sits me down and picks out the clothes I’ll be wearing. I start to undress while her back is against me. I struggle to get the tank top I wore under my shirt off and while my arms are in the air with the shirt over my head. I continue to struggle until I felt a small hand on my wrist, stopping me from moving.

“I got it.”

She slowly took off my shirt and I was left in a tight tank top. She lightly brushed my slightly toned stomach. I guide her hands to wrap around my neck then rest my own on her petite waist. I knew right then there weren’t going to be no interruptions. I leaned in for a kiss. Our lips molded together like clay and we melted into the locking of our lips. She ran her hands through my hair, tangling the wet knots even more. I tilted my head as she did the same. We parted from the heated kiss after what seemed like eternity, gasping for air. There was a comfortable silence between us until Jessica’s stomach erupted in a hungry roar.

“Hungry?”

“A bit.”

I smile and grab her hand. “Come on. Lets go make some dinner.”

I was still in my tank top but I could care less. I highly doubt there’ll be people coming on this island during the night. Surprising enough, the fish was still okay. I tell Jessica to go sit so that I could go get the leftover firewood from last time but she followed me anyway. We grabbed enough to last for a few hours. I start the fire and start cooking the fish. It didn’t take long until it was fully cooked. We shared the fish. I usually eat a lot but gave most of the fish to Jessica, knowing she was hungry now. I’ll just have to go buy some things tomorrow. We finish eating but still sit together, watching the stars. The fire still burned lively but the only light I could see was her.

Jessica Jung. The name that brings light to my world. I really am falling for you.

 

 

 

 

 

Alright guys. Everything has slightly settled down a bit. I want to thank you all so much for bringing my family and I love and support during our tough time. I want to say I'll be back writing the story but I can't because I have more bad news. I fractured my back. I know, worse luck I've had in a while. But my back has been hurting since Thursday and we got it checked out today only to find out I really fractured my back. I don't know my schedule at all anymore so that will also mean my time updating will have to be very random for the time being. I am so sorry and thankful for all you loyal readers out there reading this story. I so so so so so appreciate you taking your time reading this even though I'm still considered an amateur. The only reason I had written this story was to spread the love of Seosic but I've met many amazing people, improved my writing, and felt touched for the first time in a while all because of the readers who have given me words of encouragement to keep going. So as I said a million times before, thank you.