Chapter Two

Take Care

A/N: Italics like this are going to be used only when a person is going to speak English

 

"So. Who's your friend?"

I really didn't expect this much company. In fact, I didn't expect any company at all. That's why I was wearing such different clothing than every other day. I thought today would be a normal, anti-socializing day. Usually, I'd be wearing some fancy smanshy clothes but since I wasn't going anywhere, I decided to wear a blue flannel that I only wear when no one's around and my gray wife beater that I only wear when I know for sure nobody will be coming. Guess I was wrong. Usually, it would be Tiffany, Yoona, or Hyoyeon to make surprise visits while everyone else would tell me before hand. Tiffany was the only one who knew how to get into my condo cause she used to live with me before she moved back with Taeyeon and I let her keep the key. But I wouldn't think she would come at this time. Then again, she did always come home late. So I gave Jessica my blue flannel and left myself bare with nearly no sense of privacy. I didn't mind Tiffany seeing me since she's known me for quite a while and she's probably seen this a few other times but it's so uncomfortable with Jessica staring at me as if I'm her next meal.

"Tiffany, meet Jessica. Jessica, meet Tiffany."

"Jessica. Hm. Are you from America?" I knew that was directed to Jessica. I looked over to her signaling Tiffany was talking to her. I wondered this myself but shunned the thought. I was thinking she just named herself in an American name to catch more clients. To my surprise, she spoke just as fluently.

"Yep. From San Francisco, California at your service."

"You're from California too? ZOMG Me too!!!"

I really need to practice my English skills. They continue talking in English leaving me the third wheel of the group. It's not that I don't understand English, in fact I understand a lot, it's just that those two spoke so fast it's so hard to understand even what language they're speaking. And it doesn't help their Californian accents are so thick, making me clueless to what a word they say.  So I just stay on the couch with my arm resting on the head of the couch and my head on my hand, waiting for the time where they actually see that there is another person here. 

It is 12 o' clock and I give up. I don't know how long these two can talk but damn, they can talk. They've been going back and forth and each other, switching the subject of their conversation every 10 minutes. While they blabber nonsense without a care, I'm here on my phone looking at my emails from all the associations my company is involved in. Every now and then my shirt would ride up whenever I moved cause Jessica to always steal a glance at my abdomen area. I knew she was interested to see what was under the gray tank top since you could see the outline of my abdomen muscles but I had to play cool and tried to ignore the constant stares. I tried my best to stay as still as I can so that it would stop riding up but I couldn't help but to move when Jessica keeps inching closer to me. Tiffany didn't seem to notice and thought of it kind of cute judging from her gestures and the phrase, "OMG YOU GUYZ ARE SOOOO CUUUUTEEEE"

You'd expect since it's morning, they'd be dead tired by now. But nope. They speak as rapid as a subway going through NYC at the fastest speed possible. 

"Oh yeah hey Seo! I forgot you were here for a second."

"Oh so now you realize I'm here." I said with a hint of sarcasm

"What'd you expect? It's been FOREVER since I found someone from my homeland and here she is, a new member of the group who actually speaks ENGLISH! Not Engrish, but actual English!"

"Wait she's in our group now?"

"Well, yeah. You guys ARE a couple so it would make sense to add her to the group. Ah, young love sure is a blessing!"

"But Tiff, we're not-"

"Official? Might as well make it now! You two are hereby officially a couple and do not even dare say no!"

"But Tiff-"

"No buts either. We have enough from Taetae"

"Tiff-"

"Ah, I just got a text. I better be heading back. Oh my, it's already this late. I better be heading out soon. I just came to drop by to see hows it going since I was going passed your condo. So glad I did. Btw, she's already in our group chat but please no ting. We don't want to see any private life and you guys are living together, right? Of course you are! I mean, why would she be here late at night. And you never allow sleepovers so you're obviously living together. I told your unnies already about your girlfriend so no need to tell them. Gotta go now before Taetae gets a heart attack if I'm not home by 1. Seeya! I'll come back with the group later if everyone could make it~ It was nice meeting you Jessi, hope to see you soon also! And check your phone more often. I don't wanna barge in your y time. Okay now bye~"  Before I could chase her to tell her Jessica wasn't really my girlfriend, she was already out the door. I could hear her giggling from across the hallways.

"Tiffany seems nice."

"She is nice."

"She talks a lot."

"Sure does."

"So. I guess I'm your girlfriend now."

"Yep."

"Time to make up a fake past of how we met and learn about each other like they do it in the movies?"

"Yep."

"But first up, why don't you show me what's under that tank top of yours?" That sure was a change of situation. She grabbed the hem of my shirt and just when she was about to pull it, I grabbed her hands to intertwine them and held them loosely, swinging it back in forth in a romantic way. Our hands made an oval surrounding our bodies. I played with them by making our locked hands go in all sorts of different directions.  She was completely surprised by my actions. I guess she thought I was some robot who doesn't process the words, "Romantic", "Cheesy", and "Love." A lot of people do. I don't know why, but it felt as if we were a real couple. The oval represented our shield, protecting ourselves from any danger we come to face. Our intertwined hands represent a sense of loyalty. We always will stand by each other without anyone to replace or substitute. The motions that went in all directions means no matter where we go, we'll stay together. That's what I believe and will continue to believe. My heart continued to pound out of my chest, I felt a slight blush creeping up to my cheeks, and I could clearly see it already has to hers. Well. After TIffany's announcement, we are a couple.

"I'll show you when you're my girlfriend for real. But there's a few things that gonna have to happen for sure. One. There is no way I'm gonna let you wear the pants of the relationship. Two. You're going to quit that job of yours and I'll help you find a new one. Three. We need to become each others stalkers to make this work. And lastly, four. You're moving in with me."