Chapter Eight

Take Care

Jess and I quickly separated. I tried fixing my hair while Jess glared at the person who came in on our moment but at the same time blushed in embarrassment.

"Alright, Tiff. What are you doing here again?"

"I agree with Hyunnie. This is the second time in a row that you've interrupted us."

"Hyunnie? Nice nickname right there. It's not like I wanted to, okay? It's just that Tae and I's apartment building was unexpectedly closed for construction and we were notified about this AT ALL."

"So you're asking for a place to stay."

"Where's Taeyeon?"

"Out in the living room sleeping probably. Today was a busy day for her."

"Come on. Let's take this conversation outside."

Both of us got up and went to the living room. Taeyeon was already fast asleep. Tiffany moved to where Taeyeon was resting her head and lifted it to cradle her head on her lap. She lovingly her hair as she talks to us like it's nothing.

"So why does it have to be my place?"

"We thought you were the most sane person. We both thought you were the type to take it slow with their partners so I didn't really expect seeing you with Jess like that AGAIN."

"We are taking it slow. It's just you came at the wrong time. I mean, who comes in the middle of the night to couple's room and expect one of us sleeping soundly and the other reading?!"

"I do! You sleep while Seo reads!"

"We would, but not tonight."

"Alright alright. I'm sorry for intruding but could you please let us sleep here?! I promise I'll knock from now on! Taetae's tired and I don't want to be sleeping under the same roof as YoonYul, HyoCole, or SooSun! YoonYul would prank us when they get the chance to, Sooyoung will pig out while Sunny plays some violent video game all night, and both Hyoyeon and Nicole would be dancing their hearts out! You two are the only quiet people we know!"

"Calm down! It's fine by me if it's fine by Seo."

"How 'bout it, Seo? Let me and Tae stay?"

"I'm alright with it. Tae's already asleep anyway. I'll get your stuff while you can go wash up. Do you need a change of clothes?"

"Yes, please."

"Tae too?"

"Yeah."

I grabbed two pairs of my pajamas and gave them to Tiffany. While I was gone, Tiffany and Jessica were having a conversation in English. I put two spare toothbrushes along with the pajamas and gave them to Tiffany. While talking to Jessica. she shook Taeyeon up. Taeyeon slowly rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes and asked if Jessica and I allowed for her and Tiffany to sleep over.

"It's fine. Go get ready for bed. I'll bring everything out while you freshen up."

"Thanks, maknae."

Jessica went with me and carried two pillows while I carried a thick blanket for them to share. I pulled the futon that was under my bed and dragged it to the living room. I pulled the coffee table to the side then laid out the futon for them to sleep on. Right on time they come out from the bathroom when we finished. I tell them to sleep then grabbed Jessica's hand and went back to the bedroom. We laid in the bed, ready to sleep.

Taeyeon and Tiffany went slept soundly but I didn't. Jessica had her arms draped over my body and it was hard to move around. I thought that maybe if I worked on a little bit of paperwork like typing out a few documents to send to my clients then I would be too exhausted to care and sleep soundly but that wasn't the case. She kept squirming around in her sleep, making me so distracted that after that last document that I gave up on sleeping and watched her rest. She laid her head on my chest as a substitute pillow and slept well. Every 2 minutes she would furrow her eyebrows as if she was having a bad dream. I her hair, untangling the knots with my fingers. I continued to do so till I felt awfully tired and slept in a half laying- half sitting position with her head still on my chest and my fingers in her hair.

I woke up with a loud thud from outside of my door. Quickly, I opened my eyes. I slid Jessica's head off my now numb arm and went to go look outside. There, I see Tiffany sprawled out on the floor. She was completely covering a suffocating peapod.

"Maknae...Help...!"

I quickly went to her and lifted Tiffany. Usually, she doesn't sleep as heavily as now. She must have been tired last night to sleep as she is now. 

"Thanks Maknae."

"No prob."

"When was the last time you slept? You look exhausted."

"I'm fine, really."

"You sure? You're not looking too good. Come on, I'll get you back to bed and make breakfast. Tiffany isn't going to be away for a while and it seems your princess won't be either."

"Thanks Tae."

"No, thank you. If it weren't for you, both of us would be sleeping in the car."

Taeyeon went back out when she saw Jessica huddled up on one side of the bed. I closed the door then went to my bed and laid down. I closed my eyes and already, I went to my own wonderland.

A few hours later I wake up to a still sleeping princess. I check the time and see it already 12. Did I really sleep that long? As I was rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes, someone bursts open the door making me fall to the ground as I was tangled in the blanket I was covered in. I feel a sharp pain in my elbow that's darn close to being numb. I look over and see Jessica on my arm. But there's something wrong. My arm isn't supposed to bend that way.

"Oh my god call the hospital."