Chapter Seven

The Feisty Bride
7 That Playful Girl 
 

I sighed as I filed papers that were from clients that were just in my office. I stuffed them in a cabinent (accordingly) and ran my fingers through my hair, letting out a huge sigh. My day has barely started and I'm already unmotivated. Well, that's what I get for being an account manager, am I right? I'm right. The job has its perks but it's days like these where I wonder, what the heck am I even doing here? 

"Hayoung?" There was a knock at my door and I turned from filing the papers to face the person who approached me and blinked in surprise when I saw who it was.

"Boss? What's up?" I asked, quickly putting the papers in and focusing my attention on him.

"Hello!" My boss, otherwise known as Kim Joonmyun, greeted me warmly. "I just wanted to say that you have a new client coming soon. It's the Park group and they're the ones wanting to open up a new store in the mall in Apgujeong. Keep up the good work, I won't be bothering you." He flashed a bright smile and left, shutting the door behind him.

Park group? Yeesh, I hope they're not a bunch of crazies; the Jung Co. has worn me out too much today and I do not need this in my life-seriously. I took this moment of peace as a little break, trying to absorb all the calmness in the air before my next client. Honestly, why do I even keep this job if it's so annoying to me?

"Knock knock?" I heard a deep voice behind the door and made a face, before telling them to come in. A tall, young man walked in with a large smile donning his face and he immediately reached to shake my hand. "Hello. I am Park Chanyeol, representative and also CEO of the Park group. It's nice to meet you." I could only stare in awe as I noticed how big his hands or paws or sasquatch fingers were compared to mine.

"Ah yes, my name is Kim Hayoung and I'm the account manager working with you today," I blurted out after snapping out of my hands trance. "Anyways, let's start. I'll grab you a cup of coffee, yes?"

"Thank you," the man answered and I shivered internally at the sound of his deep voice. Hot. H-o-t. Waaay hotter than what's his face, Kim Jongding? Oh, right. Kim Jongdae. I stood up and got to my coffee machine, carefully pouring out the hazelnut coffee into a ceramic cup.

"Creamer? Sugar?"

"A little bit of the creamer, thank you."

I nodded and obeyed his needs, pouring a bit of the creamer in his coffee, before sticking it back into the fridge. Handing it to him, he grinned gratefully and sipped it, while I sat back down in my seat. "So how have you been? You're planning to open a store in the mall, according to my boss?"

"Ah yes," Chanyeol nodded firmly. "I have wanted to open a store and maybe you have heard of my clothing franchise, Aesthetic? I wanted to open a location in this mall. Here is my plan." He pushed a document towards me and I took a moment to flip through it, impressed with the amount of detail he put into it.

"I like it." I commented, and he grinned, obviously very pleased.

"Thank you. I've developed it over a course of months." He informed as I closed the booklet.

We spent a while talking about the things that pertained to his store and I jotted down notes to help him out. We went along to talking about sales to targets to budgets and everything you could think of. It turned out that this Park Chanyeol kid was actually a funny and really happy guy. Despite his idiotic appearance, he's quite clever (but his deep voice totally makes up for any quality that isn't up to par with everything else, which is basically nothing).

"Well, it's been almost two hours since we've met and I think I have to get going for my next appointment. I would love to stay and work on this, but I didn't think this meeting would take so long and I hastily scheduled something after this. So sorry about that, I'll remember to keep it lax next time," Chanyeol apologized. "I was wondering if I could have your number, so that you know... we could work on this later? And also maybe hang out?"

"Why not?" I laughed, giving him my business card. "Although I'm not sure if hanging out with you alone would work. I've got an annoying little dork that follows me everywhere and I think he'll burst knowing that I'm hanging out with other guys alone." Chanyeol laughed as I rolled my eyes and glanced at me, amused.

"I'll keep that in mind. It's alright, I have an annoying little dork following me everywhere as well, although I don't think she's quite as serious when it comes to me hanging out with other women like your man is. I would like to meet him too." He commented and I just had to groan loudly at his statement.

"Don't be disappointed when he's not as cool as you," I joked and he grinned.

"Thank you. I'll be seeing you later then, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Alright then, have a good day." Chanyeol waved goodbye and I walked him out.

"You too. Bye," I waved back and shut the door in front of me. Well, I guess that wasn't so bad afterall. I think the best part of the day will be calling Jongdae and mocking him about this.

The rest of the day went on, before I could go home and lo and behold, Kim Jongdae was already in my home, getting real comfortable with the couch that I usually lay on. "Move, fatty." I sat, plopping myself on the seat next to him. He was watching a drama and slowly slid over, too immersed in what was happening to go faster.

"What are you watching?" I asked, staring at the show with disinterest.

"It's getting to the most dramatic part, shh!" He shushed me and I narrowed my eyes at him, until he looked back at me. "Sorry, I didn't mean that."

"Right. Did you bring some food over?" I sighed, standing up to kick off my shoes.

"Yeah, I brought pasta. You like that right? I put it on the kitchen counter, if you're hungry. Don't forget to heat it up." He nagged, not even turning his head. I rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen to see a bowl of pasta laying on the counter, just like Jongdae said. It was already cold and I stuck it in the microwave for about a minute and a half, turning to watch what had happened. There was action music and a (hot) guy was jumping from building to building, throwing a look behind his shoulder every minute or so. Behind him was a group of angry men and they chased after him relentlessly. I could see why Jongdae was so intrigued with it; the scene really captured my attention and I reluctantly looked away to take the pasta out of the microwave. Grabbing a fork, I settled down besides Jongdae and ate with my eyes glued to the TV.

It ended with a cliff hanger and Jongdae hissed in dissatisfaction. "How could they end it just like that! I demand the next episode be aired right now! Now! SBS!" He complained loudly.

"There there, it'll be okay. I think it'll air tomorrow so it's only 24 hours until the next episode." I replied and he just let out a huff of displeasure.

"But I wanna watch it now," he whined and I rolled my eyes.

"Beggars don't get to be choosers." I said, eating the pasta. Jongdae just eyed me, annoyed, before leaning back into the couch.

"How was work?" He asked.

"Well I met this hot guy named-"

"Alright well, my day was pretty good too." Jongdae interrupted once he heard 'hot guy.'

"Yeah but it probably wasn't as good as my day." I retorted smugly.

"Well I met a hot girl," he replied and I scoffed loudly.

"Yeah, but did you get her digits?"

"Why yes I did."

I stared at him pointedly before he confessed, "Okay, no I didn't. Honey, I'm an IT manager. The ratio of girls to guys is 0:10. I'm obviously lacking in the women's section."

"And that's why you come crawling to this girl because you can't handle how hot she is." I laughed proudly.

"Not exactly, but keep thinking that, princess." Jongdae scoffed dismissively. He ruffled my hair teasingly and I gave him a sideways glare, before he stopped.

"What are you even doing at my house?" I interrogated, putting down the empty bowl that once held pasta.

"I just want to enjoy a day after work with my oh-so-beautiful future wife," Jongdae sighed, "but I come home to here and all she does is talk about some hot guy she met." He paused to roll his eyes before beginning to talk again, "Besides, who is this 'hot guy' anyways? Don't tell me he's that kimchi jjigae boy."

"It's not!" I protested. "His name is Park Chanyeol and let me tell ya, his voice is smoking! And he's tall! And he has good hair, it looks really soft. He's also really funny and smart!"

"I'm really funny and smart too! I'm tall! My voice is smoking and look at this hair. Just look at it- no better yet, feel it." He said indignantly, grabbing my hand and ruffling his hair with it.

"Okay, your hair might be pretty soft, but you are not tall and your voice ain't that cute when you use it to smooth talk people all the time okay," I retorted and he gasped in feigned hurt.

"The only person I smooth talk is you! Yeesh, you're such a handful sometimes." He mumbled tiredly, rubbing his temples with his index fingers.

"Why don't you give up on me then?" I poked him in the stomach and he jumped, before scowling at me.

"Yah, do you think I'm weak!? I'm not a quitter." He answered, turning off the TV.

"Am I a game to you? Jeez." I mumbled, narrowing my eyes distastefully.

"How could you be a game to me? You're silly for saying that. I'm not a quitter not because you're a game I have to conquest. I'm not a quitter because I want to be with you," he replied, nudging my head with his fist playfully. "Besides, you won't even let anyone treat you as a game so how could I?"

"You're right." I nodded expertisely and he chuckled.

"Of course I am."

"Well since you're no quitter, I can tell you about Park Chanyeol right?" I said eagerly and he crinkled his nose, sending a distasteful glare in my direction.

"I said I wasn't a quitter but you can't play games with me like this. I was looking forward to a good night, not hearing about some guy that's apparently as cute as some kimchi jjigae kid..." Jongdae complained bitterly.

"You have to meet him, seriously-"

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"What if I told you that we were gonna hang out and it's gonna be just us?"

"Oh hell no. I'm not letting you be alone with no pork chop kid."

"Park Chanyeol! It's Park Chanyeol!"

"Pork chop, kimchi jjigae, you act as if I care."

"Well you should! They're seriously gods. I'm telling you Jongdae-"

"La la la, I can't hear you!" Jongdae covered his ears childishly and I deadpanned.

"Can you stop being such a kid!" I complained and he shook his head.

"No ma'am I cannot!" He answered indgnantly.

"Why are you still in my house? Your visit is overdue!" I hissed, trying to push him out the door.

"Give me a break! First those kimchi jjigae and pork chop kids and now this!" Jongdae groaned, but I didn't relent as I dragged him out the door.

"See ya later, night!" I shouted out quickly and shut the door immediately, so that he didn't have a chance of slipping in. I didn't hear him knock ferociously on the door or try to shimmy his key into my door knob, so I sighed in a mixture of relief and relaxation and decided to call it a night.

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
hello y'all! i'm going through the phase of adding all the exo members and i'm so sorry if it seems random or annoying, but i promise to try to not be annoying with them LOL. afterall, we still want our jongdae and hayoung action right? /otl/ but thanks for waiting! i hope you liked this chapter :)