Chapter Twelve

The Feisty Bride
12 That Surprised Girl 
 

"Good morning sunshine!"

I was rudely woken up by Kim Jongdae's (loud) voice and immediately groaned. "It's way too early for this," I mumbled as I turned my face away from him.

"It's only seven in the morning, what do you mean?" Jongdae harrumphed, showing his displeasure over me going back to sleep. "Plus, I'm all energized from all that sleep."

"Well, while you were getting into bed last night, I was the one trying to get you to sleep. Do you not remember how long I had to talk to you until you finally dozed off?"

"Of course I do, and that's why I slept like such a baby! It's cause my own baby girl was talking to me!"

I rolled my eyes, which unsurprisingly has become a trend when talking to Jongdae lately. After a few moments of unusual silence, I turned my head to peek back at him, and in that very moment, he decided that it was the best time to pounce and jump onto me. "Jongdae..." I growled, glaring at him with narrowed eyes.

"Sorry, I'm just so energetic!" He laughed, and I sighed. For some reason, it always feels like Jongdae gets his way with me every single time. "Anyways who was that colleague from last night?"

"What?" I blurted out in shock. I did not expect him to ask me that this early in the morning.

"You know, from last night? You said you were with a colleague!"

"Oh," I said awkwardly. "Well, uh, it was Kim Jongin... if you remember who that is."

Jongdae paused for a moment, his eyes turning wide.

"Wait a minute. Isn't that your ex?" He asked, slightly dazed.

"Yes, it is," I breathed, hoping that he didn't misinterpret it in any way. "But it didn't mean anything. We were just catching up. No feelings involved."

"Hm... okay," he mumbled, seemingly unsure on what to say.

"Why are you like this?" I groaned. "I'm serious, nothing happened between us!"

"I know, but still, I can't help but be jealous!" He confessed bashfully. "I mean, you did go on and on about how he was so handsome and everything."

"Okay and? Ugh, why am I even fighting you about this, we aren't even a couple!" I mumbled, shutting my eyes, so that I could fall asleep again.

"Stop, don't be like that," Jongdae replied, shaking me like a child. "It's just me okay! But anyways, why do you even care about clarifying the situation? Do you have feelings for me?"

"No!" I profusely snapped, shaking my head firmly. "I do not."

"Hm, okay I guess," he shrugged and in that moment, I have never wanted to punch him more. "But anyways, I can't believe you just left me waiting for you for so long."

Jongdae started whimpering and I immediately groaned.

"I'm serious! I got so tired that I fell asleep on your kitchen table, and now that I'm thinking about it, I was pretty sad because I made all of your favorite foods!"

I didn't say anything in response, but guilt riddled my heart. He was right; he did make my favorite foods. Jongdae sat at the edge of the bed, a bit sulky from his rambling, and I sat up straight to meet his gaze.

"Sorry again," I blurted out. Although he widened his eyes, he didn't seem too shocked.

"You're unusually obedient right now... What happened to you yesterday? Did that Kimchi Jjigae boy do something to you?" He joked, ruffling my hair playfully.

"No," I mumbled, "I just feel bad that I left you to wait."

"It's okay," Jongdae promised reassuringly, flashing a gentle smile towards me. "I got a free pass to stay at your house over the night anyways!"

I rolled my eyes. "You totally ruined the mood."

"You're welcome. Now get ready for work, sweetheart!" He remarked, planting a sudden kiss on my forehead and retreating out of the room and most likely to the kitchen.

"Ugh," I groaned. Just when I thought I had him figured out, he still manages to confuse me.


"How was work?" Jongdae immediately called me as I finished work and I sighed into my phone.

"It was long and tiring, but alright," I answered, slipping into my car and turning on the engine. "What about you?"

"It was fun! I beat my co-worker in a bet!"

"What bet?"

"To see who could say the longer 'yeah boi', and I won!" He exclaimed proudly, and I contemplated on just hanging up at that very moment.

"I question you... a lot." I said, placing the phone in the pocket on my door, and driving off.

"But you still love me!" He teased, and I gagged playfully.

"In your dreams."

Jongdae merely pouted his lips indignantly, unamused with my retort. "I'll be at your house in about thirty minutes by the way, I'm on my way from work!"

"Wh-what?" I stuttered in shock. "You're coming again?"

"Why?" He whined. "I think you owe me after you left me waiting yesterday!"

Of course, he was completely right, but I grumbled in annoyance as he said that. True, he was a pain in the , but I did make him wait for a pretty long time. For once, I held back a snarky remark and just sighed into the air.

"You're right," I said begrudgingly and there was silence on the line. "Jongdae?"

"...Did I just hear you being nice to me?"

I almost hung up on him in annoyance, but after composing myself, I gritted out, "No."

"You were, weren't you!" Jongdae started clammoring and I groaned loudly. "Don't groan! You most definitely felt bad, so now you're going to be nice to me! Does this mean you like me?"

My jaw dropped in shock.

"No!"

Before he could protest, I immediately hung up with a forceful finger, and huffed to myself. There was no way I liked him... Absolutely no way!

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
hello!! sorry for the wait, but i have finally updated!! happy 2018, i hope this year treats all of you well hehe <3