Chapter Five

The Feisty Bride
5 That Curious Girl 
 

I hummed in happiness as I sat up from laying in bed for about two hours. The clock read 2:36, as I shuffled out of bed groggily; it doesn't matter how long I've slept because when I get up, I'm still going to be sleepy as hell. Yawning loudly, I brushed my teeth and walked into the kitchen to grab a cold bottle of orange juice. Gulping it down, I returned back to my room to slip under the covers again and that's when I received the fateful text from the Kim Jongdae.

Kimbap Jongddukbokki: Your mom gave me the keys to your house! Isn't that great!? I'll swing by in five minutes, give me the smooch you forgot to give me last night please! Also, you better not still be in bed because I'm taking you out! Love you

I groaned loudly and pulled the covers over my head, feeling pain hit me straight in the soul. This is no good, no good. Why did my mom have to give him the goddamn keys?! What the heck! I immediately dialed my mom and she picked up with a roaring laugh that had me steaming with fury.

"Aigo, the poor boy was complaining about how you kicked him out, so I gave him your keys as a gift! I knew he would do good with it, I just knew it." She snorted loudly and I grimaced at her.

"Mom! How could you do this to me! Now he'll sneak into my house everyday!"

"Honey, trust me, you got this. Jongdae's a good boy! He really likes you! Yah, how can you just turn him down, he's nice looking and doesn't have bad manners! Plus, he's the IT manager of a really big company here!"

"Mom! That stuff doesn't even matter! I'm just saying that it's not my forte to be with a dude I don't even like!" I complained loudly, trying to get my annoyance delivered to my mom with a cherry on top, but I don't think she's taking the hint. Her mocking laugh made me twitch my eyebrow in irritation as I lightly the seams on the blanket.

"Well aren't you getting a little angsty?" She giggled as if she was a teenager and I groaned loudly. Ladies and gentlemen, my mom. "Don't worry," she added after another laughing fit, "you'll see the beauty in a beaut like Jongdae. The boy is so sweet! He comes over when you don't."

"Yah! I try my best ok! At least I call you all the time!" I argued and I could feel her rolling her eyes at me from miles away. "Jeez, how did you even find Jongdae anyways?"

"I'm so glad you asked! His mom is my old friend from high school and we always joked about how we would get our kids to be together!" My mother happily chirped, telling me the whole story of how she had met up with that old friend again and slyly got him to get with me. "Aaaand now we're here! The only thing stopping me is you."

"Well excuse me if I'm not a manga school girl sheesh..." I muttered into the phone. "I wasn't born to just randomly meet a guy and get married to him."

"Why are you so against him? He's a good guy! Any girl would want to smack his booty."

"He doesn't have that great of a booty mom, shut up!" I squealed loudly, and she just sighed.

"Honey, I don't think you understand how good of a guy he is."

Before I could retort on how he wasn't a great as she imagined, I heard the front door opening and groaned inwardly. The Kim Jongdae was here and he loudly shouted through the house, "I'm here!"

"Oh look, there's your one true love, I'll be going now! Don't get too frisky!" My mom giggled and hung up, leaving me to die, honestly. Jongdae padded through the hallway and opened the door with a bright smile on his face.

"Rise and shine, my beautiful plum princess!" He greeted, walking over to give me a smooch on the forehead (that was not needed, but okay, whatever floats his boat).

"No thanks," I mumbled, pulling the covers over my head. "It's too early."

"It's almost 3 P.M., cutie." Jongdae replied softly, gently tugging at the blanket. "Let's get up so that we can go on a date to the park or something."

His voice was soothing surprisingly, and it took me a moment to get used to it. I've only heard the energetic side of him, and this gentleness was a good change. It's almost as if I was eating melted chocolate, hypothetically.

"I don't wanna go to the park," I mumbled reluctantly, refusing to let Jongdae pull the soft blanket away from me.

"We're not just limited to the park you know. It's a really nice day outside, you should get a breath of fresh air," he nagged and I pushed his hand with a whine.

"I don't feel like going out! I wanna lay in bed." I replied and he just chortled, reaching over to pat my head.

"Lazy," Jongdae quipped with a small smile gracing his face. "You know you're going to have to get out someday right? Come on, it's not even that bad today."

"No." I answered firmly with a tiny shake of the head. "I don't wanna."

"Yeesh, aren't you hot under those covers? It's really warm in here." Jongdae mumbled, brushing his fingers through my messy bed hair. "I'll treat you to whatever you want."

"Really?"

"Yes."

And with that, I reluctantly sat up and saw Jongdae smiling widely at me, his pearly whites showing. He nudged me out of bed and I lazily put on a striped shirt with overalls over it. Once I poked out of the closet, Jongdae peeked at my outfit choices and nodded in approval, "I like, I like," he grinned with satisfaction.

"I'm glad you noticed my beautiful fashion sense." I answered, forcing myself to not jump back under the covers. Jongdae smiled and wrapped his fingers around mine. "Hey, who said you could hold my hand?"

"Who said I couldn't?" He retorted, slyly tightening them as I tried to wiggle out of his grasp. "Nuh uh, you're not about to let go right?"

"I want to." I mumbled, tugging my hand, but there was no avail. His grip on my fingers was too strong and I had no choice but to reluctantly let him do want he wanted. "You're manipulative, you know."

"I know. Now let's go out!" Jongdae pulled me out of my room and rushed to his car. He led me to the passenger seat and I got in, while he started getting into the driver seat.

"Where are we going?"

"Where do you want to go?"

"Hey! Kim Jongdae, I thought you had this planned!" I hissed loudly.

"I didn't think that you would actually go through with it!" He objected, stupefied.

"I'm really considering jumping out the window right now."

"Hey, you can't! That's dangerous!" He retorted, grabbing ahold of my hand firmly. I sat in my seat, grumbling about how dumb he was and he just smiled cutely. "Don't worry, I have a good place for us."

"Yeah, it better be good," I mumbled and he chuckled, starting the engine. He pulled out of the driveway and I peered out the window as we left my neighborhood.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

"It better be good," I turned to send a glare at him and he beamed.

"I, Kim Jongdae, only deal with the greatest of qualities." He declared and continued driving down the concrete path. We started diving into an area that was tangled with leafy plants and I wondered where we headed. This place wasn't very familiar to me and Jongdae refused to answer my question, so I rolled my eyes and stared out at the scenery, trying to decipher where I was. How is it possible that I have never seen this place before?

"Are we almost there?" I asked impatiently and he just chuckled.

"Yes," he answered cheekily and I groaned, wondering when we would arrive. He said it was close, but I don't see anyone around? He pulled to a stop at a large, plain area and announced, "Now we're here! I can't wait to show you this place!"

"This?" I crinkled my nose, pointing to the desert warily.

"Yes, this." He smiled, unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out. I did the same and sighed as I stepped on the dirt terrain. What really is so special about this place? Jongdae grabbed my hand firmly and I followed him as he pulled me forward. We walked towards a grassy field, which was way better than that dirt road, and he stopped at the beginning of a green meadow. Flowers sprung from the ground daintily and it was a serene scene. I stared in awe as I absorbed the calmness of it and Jongdae just laughed softly, staring at my face. "I told you it was gonna be cool, am I right?"

"How did you even find this place?" I mumbled, taking lead and walking around the area.

"Oh, an old friend introduced me to this place. It's been my safe haven ever since," he grinned, taking a huge breath of air. "It hasn't changed since the last time I came here, and no one has found it yet, so I'm sure we'll stay uninterrupted here! Do you like it?" I turned my head back to see him admiring the view, his eyes shimmering happily.

"Yeah," I answered, turning my head back to glance up at the trees. "I do."

"I'm so glad. The stars are really visible here! We should have gone later," he sighed.

"Yeah we should've, so I could've stayed in bed longer!" I retorted and Jongdae rolled his eyes and mimicked me sarcastically. "Say that again?"

"It's nothing," he chirped, and tugged at my hand. "Let's go lay down under that tree!" He dragged me to the oak tree that stood tall in front of us and he took out a blanket from his backpack before laying down. I followed suit and looked up at the blue sky that filtered through the dark green leaves.

"This place is kinda boring," I mumbled, watching a cloud form into a dog with a huge .

"Hey, I'm just showing you a place where you can think about how cute I am in peace," Jongdae grinned proudly, showing off his pearly whites.

"Except that you're not that cute," I retorted and he gasped.

"How cruel of you."

"Call me Kim Hayoung, but don't wear me out."

"Too late," Jongdae sleepily smiled and to his side to stare at me.

"What are you looking at, chump?"

"Just the prettiest girl I've seen in my life, but I don't think someone like her will notice a chump like me," he answered smoothly, sighing. I narrowed my eyes at his lame comeback and rolled my eyes.

"You are absolutely correct." I replied, lifting up my phone to take a picture of the scenery.

"Hey, no phones allowed!"

"Alright mom," I answered dismissively, placing my phone back on the blanket. "So tell me about yourself."

"Myself?" Jongdae asked, eyeing me with surprise.

"No, I'm just talking to Ban Kimoon, of course I'm talking about you!" I retorted.

"Alright, alright," he chuckled. "What do you want to know about me?"

"Anything."

"Well then I don't know what to tell you," Jongdae replied with a playful twinkle in his eyes.

"I'm telling you to tell me anything, you smartie."

"Alright well here goes..."

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
ayyyy thanks for reading! ahh i'm seriously so sorry for the suuuper long wait! school has been so dramatic but it's finally coming to an end soon, so i can probably update more frequently!! thank you guys for being so patient i can't thank you guys enough. xoxo!!