Chapter Ten

The Feisty Bride
10 That Bashful Girl 
 

My eyes drowsily opened to the sound of someone snoring next to me, and when I fully realized who it was, I squealed and pushed him away from me in an instant. "Kim Jongdae!" I spat, remembering what had happened last night. He mumbled a small "that's me" inbetween soft intakes of air, and I just rolled my eyes in annoyance.
"Wake up, idiot!" I demanded, pushing his shoulders, still in disbelief that I allowed him to sleep in the same bed as me.
"Five more minutes please," he mumbled cutely, pulling the blanket over his half of his face to cover the sunlight that streamed past my curtains, and I sighed.
"Fine, but if you don't wake up after those five minutes, I might have to kick you."
"That's alright with me."
I groaned as I laid back on the headboard, staring at the male next to me, who was looking pretty content with his life at the moment. Of course, he always looked content with his life, but it was a slightly adorable moment seeing him sleep. Despite him being 27 years old, he was just like a little kid, and his youthful appearance clearly kept up. I placed my hand on his head gently, and brushed through his hair, mostly out of habit (I did it to Sehun a lot when he was younger), and I was pleasantly surprised by how soft and sleek it was. It loked pretty coarse and dry under the sun, but when I'm actually touching it, it didn't seem like that at all. Well, truth be told, there were a lot of things I didn't know about Jongdae. For example, his past, his favorites, his dislikes, and all that stuff that I don't really care too much about - really.
While I continued to brush through his locks, I didn't notice a smile creeping onto his face, and surprise hit me when he grabbed my hand with his and brought it to his lips to give it a small peck.
"H-hey, what are you doing..." I mumbled, flustered as I tried to pull my hand back.
Jongdae kept his grasp firm, however, and purred, "I should be asking you that. Are you falling for me now?"
"You wish," I snorted, shaking him off. "Get up, your five minutes are done."
Like an obedient dog, Jongdae groggily got up and yawned, "Good morning."
"Good morning," I answered with a roll of my eyes. "I have work today. You should be getting home soon."
"You're already kicking me out? You won't even offer me breakfast?" He asked, offended.
"Ugh, you're annoying."
"And you love it."
"Leave me alone."
I got out of bed to get ready for the day, and after brushing my teeth and washing my face, I headed into the closet to pick out a suitable outfit for work. Unlike the days where I worked at clothing store, the office was pretty formal, so I threw on a casual, yet professional outfit. I was going to meet Chanyeol today and discuss some things that I had been meaning to talk about, and meet with some other clients as well. Apparently, I was also going to get a new client today too, so there's that.
With a sigh, I headed out of my room and into the kitchen, where I saw Jongdae cooking up something on the pan. I curiously peered closer at what he was doing, and I saw a pan full of eggs.
"I'm cooking a western breakfast for you, baby!" He announced happily, sending a toothy grin to me.
"Oh, thank you... You didn't have to though," I said, opening up the fridge to grab a bottle of water.
"Well, I can't let my cute wife do everything."
"I'm not your wife."
"Right."
Jongdae started humming, and I naturally perked up my ears to listen to him mumble a soft melody. "Hey, sing to me," I gently requested. My sudden comment probably caught him off guard as he twitched slightly, but he just turned his face to face me, and let a shy smile spread across his face.
"I'm not a good singer," he said.
"Neither am I, it'll be fine. I want to hear you sing." I requested again. Jongdae just let out a sigh of resignation, but agreed to my pleading because in the next moment, he started singing a song that I had never heard before, and I was blown away. This idiot said that he wasn't good at singing, but I declare that a lie because he was amazing. It felt like he had vocal training before, but even if he didn't, his voice was just unnaturally great. It was truly music to my ears, and I found myself nodding my head to the lyrics. Jongdae shortly finished and chuckled to himself.
"You liar."
Jongdae stared back at me in surprise, and rolled his eyes. "I'm not lying, there are people better than me."
"You said you weren't a good singer. I think you're plenty good," I argued. "And don't try to be humble with me, I'm not taking any of that mess."
"Fine," he groaned, and checked the clock, as he turned off the stove. "Are you working today?"
"Yeah," I mumbled reluctantly. "12-8 today. Are you?"
"Yeah, also 12-8!" Jongdae said cheerily, piling the eggs onto two plates, which already had a few pieces of bacon and toast on them. "I'll come again after work."
"Don't you dare," I growled, taking my plate appreciatively.
"Why not?"
"Because I'm going to clean the house, since Sehun and my mom are coming in a few days!"
"Then I'll come over and help!"
I rolled my eyes, as I stuffed toast into my mouth. "You're crazy, you know that? I don't understand why you're still hanging around me so much, even though I've clearly told you that I'm not going to fall for you. You're surprisingly stubborn, aren't you?" Jongdae just flashed me a proud grin, and I sighed loudly.
"I told you," he piped up. "I'm not giving up on you. Your mom said you were going to be like this, so I expected it, but you really are a tough person to crack. It's kinda cute."
Jongdae's compliment made me freeze, and I felt my face getting hotter. "Sh-shut up," I stuttered, and he just chuckled.
"Cute." He repeated again, and I ignored him, going back to my breakfast. "Has anyone ever told you that? That you're cute?"
"Yes..." I mumbled reluctantly, staring into the yellow bulbs of yolk on my plate, gnawing on a piece of bacon. "My ex has, and my mom called me that when I was younger."
"Hm. But it's true, you are cute." He said firmly.
"Thanks..." I stammered, quickly finishing the rest of my breakfast. "Anyways, you should really finish eating and get home, so you can get ready for work."
"Ah, you're right, it's getting late. Thanks for letting me sleep over, by the way!" Jongdae grinned cheerily, and I nodded in reply, hoping he didn't catch the blush on my cheeks. He left after a long moment of him pleading for a goodbye kiss and a few "I don't want to leave you"s, but I managed to push him out the door, and once I was sure he was gone, I groaned. He seriously never ceases to surprise me, and I can never tell when he's joking or not. He has to be, right? There's no way he thinks I'm cute.
Pushing the thought out of my head, I checked the clock and gasped when I saw that it was already time to leave for work. If I stayed and thought about Jongdae some more, I would've been late! Slipping my feet into short heels, I quickly rushed to get into my car, and made my way to work.
After about twenty minutes, I arrived at the building I worked at, and got on the elevator, quickly pressing the button with a giant 'five' carved into it. I got into my office shortly, and right on time too; Park Chanyeol walked into the room about two minutes later, with a bright smile on his face.
"Oh you're early today!" I said, greeting him with a handshake.
"Yep! I figured that there was a lot to talk about today, so I came a little bit early." He chuckled bashfully.
"That's good, thank you so much! Have a seat and let's get started, okay?" I was met with a nod and Park Chanyeol quickly parked his in the chair in front of me.
The rest of my day was full of consultations, and by the time it hit seven, I was exhausted, as per usual. On the bright side, I only had to meet my new client, but on the other side, that meant I still had an hour of work left, and then I would have to go back home to clean up the house before Sehun and my mom arrived. Just thinking about having to do chores made me groan loudly, but I pushed the thought away as I heard the door open.
"Hello, I'm Kim Hayoung, it's nice to meet you-" I started, before gasping in shock. "Kim Jongin, is that you?"
A familiar smile spread across the person's face, as they laughed in surprise. "Kim Hayoung! We meet again!"

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
hey guys! i'm sorry for that long hiatus, but i've awkwardly written this chapter for you guys because i miss y'all! i hope it's not too awkward, i'm still getting back into the groove of this LOL, but i hope you guys liked this update and i'm so sorry for making you guys wait!