Chapter Three

The Feisty Bride
3 That Sleepy Girl 
 

The doorbell kept on ringing as I groggily opened my eyes to check what time it was on my phone. My jaw dropped when I saw that it was 6:22 AM, and I groaned, burying my head back into my pillow. Who'd be here at this ungodly hour? I rolled out of bed as the person kept on ringing as I crawled to the front door tiredly. Reaching for the door knob, I propped myself up and glared through the peephole. I should've expected it, but I groaned as I saw Chen standing behind my door, debating whether or not to press the doorbell button again. His finger lingered on it, and before he even had the chance to press it, I opened the door in a hurry and snapped, "What do you want, Chen?! It's 6:30!"

He blinked, before shooting me a smile. "I'm here today to take you out on a very lovely summer date!" He handed me a bouquet full of random flowers that smelled like dirt, and I grumpily took it.

"How did you even find out where I live?" I mumbled meekly and Chen gladly introduced himself inside, pushing past the door, and taking his shoes off.

"Your mom told me where you lived," he explained and I made a mental note to scream at her the next time she called me. "Nice house though. I like your-- wait, are those fish?!" He got excited as he spotted my fish bowl, leaping over to watch the two goldfish swim in the water.

"How are you so hyper in the morning?" I groaned, making my way back to my room to go back to sleep. Chen probably guessed what I was about to do, and rushed over to grab my hand.

"Oh no you don't, missy, I'm taking you out on a date and that's that!" He declared and I sent him a reluctant glare, shaking his hand away.

"Good night," I yawned, walking back to bed.

"If you go back to sleep I'll join you in bed!" He threatened, making me freeze in my tracks. Do I want to sleep and have Chen sleeping in the same bed as me or do I wanna go on a date with him at six in the morning? I groaned, as I wobbled back to my room and I could feel him smirking smugly at me while going back to watch my fish.

After an hour or so passed, I walked back into my living room, wearing a simple white t-shirt and blue jeans, yawning for the fifth time. Chen looked up and scanned my outfit with a smile. "You're pretty," he said, and I plopped on the couch, closing my eyes, "and you're also pretty tired." He added with a laugh.

"Why can't you have dates at normal hours," I mumbled, careful to not smudge my makeup.

"Because," he answered brightly. "I am Chen and I do things others don't!"

"You give me a headache, I'm going to the hospital now," I muttered, and he just pat my head endearingly.

"You don't need to go to the hospital, I'm a doctor!"

"Are you really? You seem too idiotic to be one."

"Do I look like one?" Chen answered, and I couldn't decide if he was using sarcasm or not. I opened one eye and peeked over at him, trying to imagine him with a white coat and a face mask, but the image started becoming a deformed mess, so I just shut my eyes and mumbled, "No, not really."

He harrumphed and replied, "You're lame. But it's cool, I'm not really a doctor anyways, I'm a very very smart computer dude."

"Don't tell me you're a gamer boy." I mumbled.

"Nope! I'm obviously a gamer girl!" Chen replied, and I held back a giggle. He's an idiot, oh my gosh. "I'm an IT manager though! What do you even work as?"

"Uh, on Mondays through Wednesdays I'm an account manager, and on Thursdays to Fridays, I work at this boutique my friend owns," I answered, lazily opening my eyes.

"Account manager? For what?" Chen stared at me interestedly, taking the spot next to me.

"I don't know, this big business that owns a few museums and other things," I answered, scooching away from him, only for him to scooch even closer to me.

"Really? What's it called?"

"Um..." I furrowed my brow as I tried remembering and Chen stared at me in shock.

"Don't tell me you don't know the name of the company you work for!"

"I remember! It's just too early in the morning, gosh. I think the name was like K&J or something like that, I have no idea."

"So you're telling me that you don't know what the company name is," Chen stared at me, deadpanning.

"I would know if I stood in front of the giant sign," I replied dismissively.

"I'm starting to know why you've been single all your life, but it's cool, now you got Chen Chen by your side!" He declared and I sent him a glare.

"Hey! It's not my fault I'm single! There's no one I like--"

"Except for me!" Chen interrupted, using a cute pose. I stared at him for a moment, before going on.

"So what are we doing today?"

"Well, miss, you are very lucky. You can spend the whole day with Chen himself!"

"The whole day." I repeated.

"Yes, the whole day."

"The whole day."

"Yes, Hayoung, the whole day."

"Why the whole day?" I whined, hitting his knee. "I can sleep for the whole day!"

"Because it's all apart of my plan to charm you," he winked and I pretended to barf.

"You're gross," I mumbled, covering my face in embarrassment. "How am I supposed to go out into the public with you?"

"Hey, no shame, no game, honey." Chen grinned and I let out a loud sigh.

"It's no pain, no game, you nerd," I corrected and he just shrugged dismissively. "Anyways, where are we even going?"

"We," he paused for dramatic effect, "are going to have a movie date."

"At six in the morning."

"Yes."

"Are you an idiot?"

"Yes."

"I don't want to watch movies at six A.M." I complained and Chen just put his finger on my mouth to silence me, startling me.

"Okay, we are going to have a movie marathon and it is going to be the best thing ever because it's so original and not cliche like in those movies and after we have our marathon, we are going out to eat fast food or something and we are going to go shopping for fruits and maybe milk, you got me?" He said and I debated on whether or not I should just kick him out of the window or to shove his head down a sink.

"That is a stupid date idea, did you get that off of Yahoo Answers?" I groaned and he chuckled.

"No I got them from you, silly," he tapped my nose playfully and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't remember telling you that I needed to shop for fruits or milk," I sighed.

"Well I don't remember you telling me that you didn't need to shop for fruits or milk," he harrumphed and crossed his arms like a child.

"I am perfectly fine without them though."

"What are you talking about, you need them, you silly banana."

"Can you shut up?" I muttered under my breath, scrunching my nose.

"Nope!" Chen grinned widely and pat my cheeks affectionately, making me lean back in feigned disgust. "Anyways, what do you wanna watch? I brought a bunch of CD's that are sitting in my car, waiting to be watched!"

"When you get out, I'll lock you out and go to bed." I mumbled, narrowing my eyes at him.

"You're cute," he pinched my cheek and stood up, stretching his arms, before letting out a small yawn.

"See, since you're yawning here, maybe you should go home and nap," I pointed out and he ruffled my hair playfully.

"Don't be silly, I just got here," Chen replied and I groaned loudly, falling back into the sofa with a thump. "Are you in for some horror? Maybe a comedy? Maybe a romantic comedy?"

"You're so embarrassing," I said, covering my face with my hands again.

"And you act like you're not," he sighed back, and added, "If you lock me out, by the way, I'll kick your okay?"

I groaned back in response as I watched him slip on his shoes carelessly, before stepping out the door and shutting it behind him. To lock the door or not to lock the door? I stared at the knob, furrowing my brows as I debated on the idea of shutting him out, but dismissed it, as I got more and more comfortable on the couch, grabbing the thin blanket that hung from it and wrapped it over my body. The door opened again and I looked up at Chen, who was holding a big box in one hand, carefully juggling it.

"Sleeping already?" He raised a brow and placed the box on the table, shifting through the CD cases.

"You woke me up at an ungodly hour, I need to get rid of my makeup before I screw up my face," I whimpered, getting up reluctantly, and heading towards the bathroom.

"You do that," Chen answered absentmindedly and I just let out another yawn, before shutting myself in the bathroom. I came back five minutes later, and found Chen at the DVD player, already inserting the disk inside.

"What are you watching?"

"The best horror movie ever," he answered and I felt myself paling. Horror? As in like, horror? Well okay, I'm looking forward to peeing my pants then.

I grabbed an apple out of the fridge and timidly bit into it as I saw the credits start playing. Chen hopped onto the couch and covered himself with the blanket, and I slowly joined him, trying not to jump at every shrill scream. The movie was starting to begin and I was already scared out of my mind, so I just shut my eyes and gripped the sheets.

"Are you falling asleep again? Come on, it'll be good," Chen clicked his tongue, and pushed my head gently.

"Right," I mumbled under my breath, taking another bite out of the apple. "It'll be good."

He didn't answer, and stared at the TV with intensity, barely blinking at all. How does this kid stand to watch those kinds of movies?! , I should say something about this, but my pride is so strong, I am almost willing to sit through this dumb movie. I bit the inside of my lip as I averted my eyes from the screen, ignoring the cheery laugh of the protagonist.

"I can't wait until we get to the exciting parts," Chen mumbled and I squeaked in response. He sent a sideways glance over at me and I just quietly bit into my apple.

He returned his gaze to the movie and when the creepy music started to play, I got goosebumps over my arms. The main character was walking in a dark forest (how stupid can she be?) and was frantically glancing past her shoulders every second, trotting past the trees, and I was seriously on the edge of the seat with how scared I was. The chilling music got louder and I could feel myself shutting my eyes tight, and when the main character screamed, I jumped probably three feet into the air and scrambled for Chen, who wrapped his arms around me protectively, startled by my suddenness. I buried my head into his chest, my face burning from embarrassment, as I gripped onto his shirt tightly. My heart was racing and he let out a soft chuckle, as he brought his hand out to pat my head.

"You should've said something if you were scared of horror movies, you know?" He grinned and I peeked up to send him a stare.

"I am not scared of--" I squealed again as another scream rippled from the TV.

"Mhm, if you say so," Chen rolled his eyes, and reached for the remote, clicking the stop button. "It's gone now."

I immediately let go of his shirt and scooted across the couch, making sure I distanced myself from him. My face was still red and I turned away to cover myself. "It's your fault for bringing horror movies." I mumbled into the blanket and he just laughed loudly, going over to change the CD.

"If I knew, I wouldn't have brought it. But I mean, I was there to protect you, wasn't I?" Chen pointed out and I groaned at the awful memory.

"Shut up."

"Yah, do you want to keep on watching the horror movie then?" He threatened playfully and I squealed, shaking my head profusely, making him laugh. "Well, do you want to watch a comedy then?" I thought about it, before nodding and he smiled, rubbing my cheek affectionately. I narrowed my eyes at his touch and he drew his hand away, reaching over to grab a movie from the pile of DVDs he left on the table. Standing up, Chen walked towards the player and ejected the DVD and slid the other one into it, striding back to the couch and pulling himself under the covers, snuggling next to me with a smile, making me scowl.

"It's not a scary movie this time, I promise." He chuckled, and I just sighed, before pushing him away."Yah, do you really not like me?"

I gave him a side eye stare, before turning back to the screen and he whined, shaking me for an answer. When I didn't reply, he just pouted and scooted on the very end of the couch, sulking by himself. We both sat on the opposite sites and I was settling into the couch comfortably, snuggling into the blankets, but Chen was figeting on the other side, making the couch shake a bit.

"I can't take this anymore!" He squealed, and pounced for me, wrapping his arms over me. I yelped and struggled, but he wouldn't move his grip, refusing to let go. I finally just settled and let him do what he want, which made him smile smugly. Focusing my attention back to the TV, the movie was starting and it featured a character at school, opening up their locker. They turned to talk to someone and made a joke, making me chuckle a little bit.

It was getting into the slow part of the movie and I started feeling drowsy again, trying to keep my eyes open. Yawning, I just rubbed my eyes and tried not to fall asleep while watching.

 

Chen looked up curiously, after he felt Hayoung yawn. She stared at the movie with dazed eyes that drooped and he smiled to himself, watching her quietly. He felt her breathing slow down and she snuggled deeper into his arms with a whimper. Chen felt his face getting red, before he slowly grabbed the remote to turn off the TV so she could sleep peacefully. When the screen turned black, he placed the remote to the side and held her tightly, watching her sleep, before he shut his eyes and fell into dreamland with her.

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
ayyyy thanks for reading! ahh i'm seriously so sorry for the suuuper long wait! i've been so busy and unmotivated to even try to update my stories, but with a sudden burst of motivation, i'm back with this chapter! :) hope you guys like it! btw happy 3/14/15 day!!!