Chapter Four

The Feisty Bride
4 That Grumpy Girl 
 

I groaned as I rubbed my eyes sleepily, snuggling closer into a warm plush. My eyes opened drowsily and I peered at my surroundings, before staring up, and I shot up in surprise at the sight of Kim Jongdae.

"Ouch!" I yelped as the top of my head hit his chin and he howled in pain, rubbing his chin as he woke up with a frown.

"Well good morning to you too," he mumbled, rubbing his throbbing chin tiredly.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked, staring at him in confusion.

"I came over for a movie date remember?" He reminded and I groaned, remembering at the cringe-worthy memory.

"Don't remind me," I retorted, sitting up and massaging my aching head. Chen sighed and ran his fingers through my hair slowly, untangling the knots in it gently. I stared at him with furrowed brows, but he ignored me and continued what he was doing, even daring to the sore bump on my head that was starting to form.

"Tch," he muttered, staring at it worriedly. "You should be more careful."

I stared at him pointedly, before shoving his hand away and standing up abruptly. "I'm going to go wash my mouth." I announced, marching straight to the kitchen and turning on the faucet. Cold water splashed my face as I gargled and I felt like slamming my head on the counter for letting someone like Kim Jongdae touch my head like that. Sighing, I turned off the faucet and made my way back to the living room, making sure I sat an arm's length away from him. As expected, though, he moved closer to me and I found myself wrapped in his arms again.

"Chen," I mumbled in a warning tone, but he didn't seem to want to move.

"Yes?"

"You're a little bit too close," I answered obviously and he just purred with content.

"Really? I don't feel it." He chirped and I wanted to push him away even more.

"Your breath smells, dingus." I crinkled my nose and he just laughed and rested his head on top of mine, careful to avoid the sore spot. Frowning, I tried wiggling out of his grip, but he was a lot stronger than I had thought.

"Nice try, but I have muscle strength," he mumbled lowly, and I shivered at the vibration of his throat against my ear. "So, since it's late, how about we go to sleep?"

"I'm going to sleep," I muttered, "you're going home."

"Home is where the heart is," he recited and I rolled my eyes.

"And I don't think your heart is here," I groaned, poking at his arms.

"My heart is with you," Chen answered cheesily and I pretended to barf loudly. "Now how about letting me stay here for the night because it's late and cold outside?"

"I don't think it's that cold," I snorted back, "or late. It's never too late to go home."

"Right, but home is here."

"I never agreed to letting you stay here in the first place."

"Yes, but you let me in, and that was your first mistake." Chen pointed out matter-of-factly.

"I make a lot of mistakes and me opening that door was one of them." I hissed, but he wouldn't budge.

"If you let me sleep here tonight, I won't bother you for a whole day," he proposed thoughtfully.

"No thank you. I don't have a change of clothes for you, you didn't even bring a toothbrush, and it is not worth it for only one day," I said adamantly.

"Well, I don't need clo-"

"Stop right there."

Chen smirked and kissed the top of my head, making me hiss in surprise. "Chen!" I yelped out and struggled again with his grip. "Go home already!"

"Sorry, my stubborn self will not allow that to happen," He grinned cheekily and I wanted to sock that smile off his face, if I could. "I'll let you go under one condition. You have to give me a smooch."

"Only losers say that. Let me go."

"Well this loser isn't letting go until you give him what he wants."

I crinkled my nose, repulsed at the idea. "No thank you," I mumbled to myself stubbornly. Who would even want to kiss that freak of nature anyways, what a weirdo. Besides, I'm not even experienced with relationships, but why is he so clingy? I blew a piece of hair away from my face and leaned back onto his shoulder.

"How come you don't want to kiss an absolute cutie like me? I'm definitely irresistable." Chen pouted, puckering his lips towards me teasingly. "Have you ever kissed someone before?"

"Of course I have," I grumbled. "It would've been embarrassing if I hadn't kissed anyone by now."

"Oh. That is true," he nodded in agreement. "But what's so bad about kissing me? Afterall, I am going to be your lovely husband one day right? We should at least get comfortable now."

"I never said you would be my husband," I retorted indignantly.

"Well you never said I wasn't going to be," he pointed out and I groaned loudly.

"I'm sure I've said it more than once."

"Well I don't remember it," Chen grinned and I made a face.

"Are you sure you don't remember or do you just ignore it when I say it?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Maybe both? Maybe the first one? Maybe the latter? Who knows?" He teased.

"So you mean the second one then."

"Stop putting words in my mouth!"

I clicked my tongue and Chen smiled to himself. "Isn't it nice that we can actually have a conversation?"

"Hurry up and let go of me."

"Isn't it cool that we never fun out of things to say?"

"I'm going to bite you."

"Aren't you the nicestouch!" He yelped as I bit him and taking advantage of the situation, I jumped out of his grasp. "You didn't actually have to bite me." Chen mumbled, as he nursed his arm, staring at the teeth imprints. I stared at him proudly and he glared up at me, before blurting, "Now you have to kiss my injury!"

My jaw fell as I eyed him in disbelief. "I don't have to kiss your stinkin' arm," I protested loudly.

"You bit it!"

"You were asking for it!"

"Never has the words 'bite me, Hayoung' come out of my mouth!" He answered indignantly.

"Well neither has the words 'do not bite me, Hayoung' come out of your mouth!" I sassed and he narrowed his eyes.

"I'm not leaving until you give this arm a darn smooch." Chen pointed at the red spot stubbornly and I shook my head. "Hayoung, just kiss the goddamn arm."

"No."

"Yes."

"I won't."

"You will."

"You can't make me."

"Hayoung! I'm not leaving until you kiss this thing!" He dangled his arm in front of me and I considered biting it again, but just let out a hearty groan before giving it a quick peck.

"There, I kissed it, now go!" I said, tugging at his arm so he could stand up.

"Okay, you kissed it, but you hurt my heart so you gotta kiss that. And don't forget my lips"

"Out!" I hissed, and pushed him out the front door, locking it as quickly as I could.

"Hayoung! You didn't kiss"

I groaned as I ignored his cries and tread to my room to enjoy a few more hours of sleepwithout Kim Jongdae.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
hello hello! I hope you are having a wonderful spring break (if you are, that is), or if not, I hope you're having a wonderful day in general. thank you for reading this chapter and sorry it was so short. :( hopefully i get the next one up soon!