Elections

The Choice

5. Elections

 

           The rest of the weekend went by uneventfully and calm for Zitao, mostly lazing around, walking in the streets and discovering the city he moved to. It was peaceful, neighborhoods quiet and Zitao could take a nap in the small patio of his building if he would. And he did, after bringing his own green Transat. He lied on it then closed his eyes, drifting off to the sounds of the birds chirping in the nearby tree. A whole 2 days of a lethargic state Zitao was back on Monday morning daisy fresh. He was sitting in front of his desk in a good mood and next to him was Luhan who was trying to finish his night with his head resting on his folded arms. He would have been chatting happily with Minseok by now if the latter was here, but his place was still empty so he opted to gain a few minutes of sleep. Zitao tried to think as to why Minseok would be late, usually the guy would be here 15 minutes before the ringing of the bell and babbling with Sleeping Beauty at his left. He was so lost in his thought staring at the black board that he didn’t notice a tall figure leaning over Luhan’s desk (and therefore Luhan’s head) speaking.

           “Hello to you” a deep voice greeted him. Zitao turned his eyes in the direction of the sound that disturbed his thinking, ready to greet the person back but froze when he recognized that person. There stood the blond Kingka, Kris or Yifan he can’t remember properly which name he should use, waiting his answer.

           “Um… Hi?” he responded uneasily. The guy was smiling and it was scary in Zitao’s opinion who recalled his friends telling him to not get in his business, because you can’t really tell what his goal is.

           “So, how was your weekend?” Okay, this was getting creepy. Why does he want to know how his weekend was? He discreetly kicked Luhan’s shin under the table for help. Luhan merely moved. Zitao continued to pretend that he was thinking and kicked hard not minding if the sleeping boy was going to have a bruise after, this was an emergency.

           “ Zitao! It hurts!” he yelled then stood upright, knocking his head with Kris’ chin in the process “Ouch! What next?!” he said clearly unnerved, soothing his head with his hand and glared at the other who was now rubbing his chin and glaring him back. His eyes widened when he recognized the Kingka but said nothing.

           “Nothing. Bye. And you” he said looking directly at Luhan’s brown eyes “be careful next time, Sleeping Beauty.” he snarled then disappeared to his seat.

           “What happened?” asked Luhan to Zitao who was as shocked as him.

           “Well I don’t know, he just appeared out of nowhere and asked how my weekend was… I thought it was disturbing so I kicked you for help. I had to admit I didn’t know it would be that effective.” he smiled.

           “It’s weird, yes. I should keep an eye on him.” he said glancing back at said boy.

           “For that, can I suggest you to stop sleeping?” reminding how Kris called Luhan the Sleeping Beauty as he went away. At least he wasn’t the only one who observed the resemblance.

           “For your information, there was a football match this night so I stayed up late. Not my fault it started at 10pm.” he mumbled. “Hey, Minseok is still not there? What happened to him?”

           “Isn’t it him over there?” Zitao asked pointing to the now open door of their classroom.

           “Minseok-ah! What took you so long?” questioned Luhan as the boy approached them.

           “Oh, nothing, I just took a longer time at my locker, that’s all” he answered, fidgeting while he took his place. He opened his backpack and put his notepad on his desk.

           “What is this? A rose?” Luhan asked, immediately discovering the flower which was trying to be hidden behind a book.

           “Ah? Uh, yes... I found it in my locker this morning” he replied looking flustered. He tried to close his backpack so that the subject would be dropped but his friend had other plans. He flung himself across Zitao’s desk and caught Minseok’s backpack then pulled it towards him. When the other let go of his backpack, he waited a few seconds until he regained his balance on the chair before he found once again the rose.

           “And it has a note attached to it! You have a secret admirer Minseok! Ah, I’m jealous now” Luhan started to blabber but Minseok snatched his backpack and rose from his hands.

           “I said drop it!” Minseok growled with red cheeks.

           “So it was the reason to your lateness?” Luhan wondered.

           “Well, I may or may not have stared at the rose…”

           “Minseok-ah! Tell me who it is!” the pretty boy complained childishly. At the same moment the door opened revealing Mr. Lee with papers in his hand.

           “Hello class, we have a few papers to fill in this morning, please be quick!” he then called 2 students to distribute the papers. One was about which club you would be joining in, and the other was an instruction about the date and the running of the elections for class representatives. Minseok soon find another folded paper on his desk, threw by Luhan after the students finished giving the papers.

           ‘I’ll soon find who wants to take my Minseokkie away from me! –Your Lulu’

           Minseok smiled and put the crumbled piece of paper in his backpack, focusing back on the papers at hand.

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

           “The administration once again loaded me with paper… So who wants to be a class representative for this year?” Mrs. Choi asked. “And they also demand your choice of club for this year. I’ll let you see everything with the papers. Junmyeon? Can you please give these papers to your classmates?”

           “Who do you think is going to be our representative this year?” muttered Yixing to Baekhyun.

           “Why do you ask? The same person as always…” Baekhyun replied, writing Videogames club on his paper, the same as someone just behind him.

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

            “It’s this time of the year, again, where you have to use your citizen rights and vote for the most responsible one, giving him plenty of work…” started Mrs. Jung. Kyungsoo already knew what she would be talking about so he opted to stare at the black board.

            “… just to know, who would be interested in being class representative?” Mrs. Jung questioned. A single hand was raised. “Ah, I guess it won’t be hard for your class to vote this year.” she said then started to retrieve the papers she had given a few minutes ago. Kyungsoo gave his filled paper and began counting the minutes until the end of the day, sometimes writing on his notepad.

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

            Jongin closed his locker and joined his group of friends who were chatting in the hall, near the school doorway. It was afterschool and the Kingkas were saying their last goodbyes before parting ways and heading home.

            “So, you presented yourself Junmyeon?” he inquired. The boy nodded and smiled.

            “Of course. And Kris too.” he responded.

            “By the way, I have another small plan to put in action, I’ll see you guys tomorrow!”

            “Which consists of?” the tanned one asked.

            “Be sure that I’ll be the class representative. Zitao’s pretty popular and even though I don’t know if he presents himself, I need to put every student on my side.” he explained.

            “What kind of plan is th-” started Jongdae but before he could finish his sentence Kris saw Zitao standing by his locker putting his books in it then heading to the entrance.

            “Bye Zitao!” the blond said waving and flashing to the boy who was standing a few feet away from them a smile. Zitao stopped dead in his tracks and turned his head slowly until his eyes found those he dreaded. He began to back away from the group bit by bit until he kicked off and ran through the open doors of the school entrance.

            “You have a lot of work ahead about this one” snickered Sehun.

            “Hey, maybe we take the same path to go back to our flats? Thus we could make a small talk?! Bye guys, I’ll go talk with Zitao!” he told them and proceeded to go back after said boy.

            “He’s going to fright the poor boy to death!” laughed Chanyeol. The others agreed with a nod of their heads.

            “Well, I have to go too. See ya!” Jongdae saluted the rest of the group which began to exit the school and went to a certain locker.

            “Did you like the rose?” he whispered in the ear of the boy standing there facing his locker who immediately shut it with red covering his cheeks.

            “What are you doing here?” questioned Minseok, turning to face properly Jongdae once his blush has somewhat disappeared.

            “I wondered if you liked the rose I gave you?” he responded smiling.

            “Get lost” he said then sighed and went out of the school hall to the outside, breathing in the fresh air. Jongdae watched him with an unreadable expression before he heard another locker closing behind his back and a voice speaking to him.

            “It’s been how long since you’ve been chasing him?” Jongdae turned around and found one of his classmates looking at him with bright eyes.

            “Hey, aren’t you the one who raised his hand to become a class representative?” he titled his head, trying to remember his classmate’s name.

            “Yes, I’m Daehyun. I’m not foolish to have proposed myself so stop making this face!” he chuckled. “So, it’s been a long time I’ve seen you flying around him, got some love problems?”

            “Because you think you’re able to give me some advices? I never saw you with someone by your side.” At this sentence, Daehyun looked incredibly agitated. “No, wait. Are you searching for someone?” he inquired.

            “Uh… I-No, bye I have to go!” he said and flew past Jongdae to the school doors.

            “Yeah, sure…” the dark haired boy smiled, now alone in the hall then turned to go back to his own flat.

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

            From : Lulu

            To : Zitao

            ‘Hey, I saw you running earlier after school. Everything’s okay?’

 

            From : Zitao

            To : Lulu

            ‘Yeah, but seriously never leave me alone again. I swear Kris was chasing me!’

 

            From : Lulu

            To : Zitao

            ‘Aww my poor Tao! I’m going to hug you 24/7 and nobody will approach you ever again!’

 

            From : Zitao

            To : Lulu

            ‘Thanks, but I think I’ll manage it by myself finally… Goodnight ge!’

 

            Zitao put his phone on his bedside table and bundled himself up in his sheets. He was ready to sleep but before sleep could take over him, he wondered if he’d be as energetic tomorrow morning as he was today, considering he still has the scary smile of a blond engraved in his mind.

 

 

--

 

 

A/N : So, here's the fifth chapter already! Almost 2k (Ah my laziness...). Sorry for the swearing in the beginning, by the way :x

@topyulpen : Yeah but some think it doesn't, others think it is, I don't really know, I'll just change the foreword to "whatever Luhan's last name is..." ^^

Also I have explained about the weird college they are in, in case you wondered : http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/816068

Thanks for commenting and suscribing (and a big thanks to my beta too ^^), it makes me really happy! Next chappie in two weeks!