Kingkas' sleepover

The Choice

3. Kingkas' sleepover

 

                Jongin stood at the doorstep of Chanyeol’s house, with a sleeping bag under his arm and a pillow under the other. The Kingkas all agreed that they’ll have a sleepover Wednesday’s night at Chanyeol’s. His parents’ house was near the college so he didn’t have to rent an apartment and thus, still lived with them. Furthermore, the house is pretty big and Chanyeol has a lot of videogames so he was designated by the majority to be the host. The big plus was that his parents were never here on Wednesday’s nights. Hence, it was how Jongin waited for the door to open, loaded with the essentials (he doesn’t consider pajamas in this category, it’s not comfy enough in bed).

                “Ah Jongin! Come on in, you’re the last!” Chanyeol greeted him, smiling widely.

                “Thank you, you’re not making me feel uncomfortable already…” he greeted back sarcastically. He let his sleeping bag and pillow drop on the floor next to Sehun’s and fell flat on the couch in between Jongdae and the armrest.

                “What’s up?” Chanyeol asked after he sat himself in the beanbag. “Anyone who wants drinks?” Everybody agreed to this idea and small talks took place.

                “So Jongdae, you’ll still be in this reading club? I can’t understand how a troll like you stands the boring atmosphere in the room” Sehun confessed.

                “I like it and I stand it as much as you put up with those boring chess competitions” he replied curtly.

                The two glared at each other before Chanyeol stepped in in an attempt to calm them down and avoid any blood on his carpet. His parents could surely question him in the morning. “Hey guys, what do you think I’ll do? Guess, guess!” he asked then started smiling and bouncing between the two boys who immediately stopped to kill one another with their eyes and silently wished the best for their friend’s sanity.

                “Videogames club” they all replied in sync.

                “How do you know?” he pouted.

                “Well maybe because you’re always playing and I’ve never seen such a big collection of videogames before in my entire life” Jongin said as he gestured to the piles of videogames scattered all over the room.

                “It’s cool right?!” the boy had a big smile plastered on his face. “What do you guys want to play?”

                “I suppose you don’t have sports game, as usual…” was the answer given by the tanned boy.

                “No, something funny!”  shouted Kris, running to the nearest pile of games trying to find one that he liked.

                “Hey! You should second me hyung! You’re the captain of the basketball team so you have to stay fit, well not as much as a dancer like me, but still!” he scolded.

                “Take example, Sehun” Jongdae said turning to look at said boy “Dance, it’s better than chess” he announced with a smirk.

                “Actually” Junmyeon intervened “Chess is pretty cool, it helps you think over strategies and makes you clev-“

                “GOT IT!” Kris screamed making everyone jump of surprise.

                “What did you pick?” asked Chanyeol.

                “Call of Duty 3”

                “Dude and you call this funny?” huffed Jongin.

                “Come on, play with us!” said the tall blond dragging the other to the large couch where the 6 fitted in.

                After a good 1 hour of playing, Kris let Sehun take his place and went to grab some chips on the coffee table, next to Chanyeol’s feet.

                “Ah, it’s nice to relax after 2 hours of Mr. Lee…” Kris let out a long breath before Jongdae cut in.

                “And? Still nothing with that classmate of yours?” he enquired, looking at him straight in the eye.

                “What are you insinuating Kim Jongdae?” Kris’ eyebrows furrowed. “By the way guys, I’ve been meaning to ask… Did you saw that this kid is getting popular?”

                “Yes, I’ve heard that a lot of people love his accent” said Junmyeon. “Why are you asking?”

                “Well, I’ll go straight to the point. I’ve heard girls talking about him being a Kingka, the new boss I shall add, and you know that I won’t be very happy with it” he stated. “So, I want him to join our group, becoming a Kingka, with me still being your boss.” A silence.

                “You do know that we don’t like it when you refer to yourself as our boss, right?” Jongdae seemed to think for a moment. “That’s not really the best way to get us to agree to your idea but… Did you really think about all the consequences that would be if you bring the boy in our group?”

                “Of course! I’m not stupid, he’ll stay in my shadow if he joins us, I’ve thought about everything!”

                “Hn… What if being with us makes him even more popular and girls would, I don’t know, get up  a petition for him becoming the new ‘boss’ as you say” Sehun insisted the word boss by quoting it with his fingers. Kris looked at him incredulously.

                “Do you think they can do something like this? I mean, look at me! I’m born to be a boss!”

                “So full of yourself…” Jongin scoffed, turning his head to look out of the window finding the night beautiful to see when a pair of eyes turned to glare at him.

                “Anyways” Kris heaved a breath, a bit offended. “Are you okay with it?” he asked, waiting for any positive sign that they’ll accept

                ‘Jongin should at least agree to make up for all the times he hadn’t called me “hyung”.’ Kris thought bitterly.

                “Well I don’t see why I would say no, so I’m okay with him joining us…” started Junmyeon.

                “Yeah I don’t see why we wouldn’t agree, he seems a funny guy to be with” seconded Chanyeol. The others nodded their heads in agreement.

                “So you’re all agreeing?! Good! Thanks!” Kris exclaimed.

                “It’s letting us to know how you’ll convince the shy boy to be with us” remarked Sehun.

                “Oh, that. Let’s just be friendly!”

                “You didn’t think about it, did you?” sighed Jongdae.

                “Well, problem solved! Wow, it’s already thirty past midnight! Let’s lie in bed and tell scary stories!” Chanyeol offered. As everyone put themselves in their sleeping bags in Chanyeol’s room, Junmyeon’s smartphone beeped.

                ‘We need you now’

                Junmyeon turned to the others, smiling apologetically. “Sorry guys, I have to go. It’s important.” Sehun looked at him with understanding eyes. “Oh, I see. Well I guess this night will be with the 5 of us only.”

                “You can go if it’s important” Chanyeol said already comfortable in his bed. “See you tomorrow!” he smiled, having no idea about the important thing his friend has to do at night.

                “Thank you. See you tomorrow!” he went out of the room turning off the lights, went down the stairs and then exited the house. Once outside, he fished out his phone and typed a message.

               

                From : Junmyeon

                To : Sehunnie

                ‘Thank you for covering me up. As for Zitao, do the rest of the guys actually know that we agreed for Kris’ sake?’

 

                Then his phone beeped back.

 

                From : Sehunnie

                To : Junmyeon

                ‘It’s nothing, I understand that it must be hard. And yes, they all know.’

 

 

                And with that, Junmyeon left in the lights of the city at night.

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

                In Chanyeol’s bedroom they were all whispering to each other and joking around, having a hard time to sleep.

                “Oh no!” Kris suddenly exclaimed. “I will begin my day with 4 hours of Mr. Lee tomorrow!”

                “Ahaha! Your life’s so hard, man!” Jongdae laughed rolling on his belly.

                “Oh well let’s sleep or else I won’t answer for my actions in the morning!” he said before closing his eyes.

                “Should I pray for you?” whispered Jongdae before closing his eyes and rejoining his friends in dreamland.

 

--

 

A/N : Here's the third chapter! It's not as funny as the second was, but still necessary for the whole scheme I have in mind. Thank you for the 4 upvotes, 26 suscribers and 250+ views! I love you all and like it when you comment ^^ The fourth chapter in 2 weeks (or so I hope...). Until then, have fun!