Insanity

The Choice

Un-betaed !!!


13. Insanity

 

 

            Jongdae entered school looking like he could murder someone on Monday. Students moved away to let the storm walk freely in the corridors. As he neared his friends hanging close to their lockers his expression got fiercer. Stopping right behind the group he then pushed Kris against the lockers with a force he was surprised to find and showed him his phone.

            “The heck is that?!” he nearly screamed. Students stopped walking and talking, looking at the scene happening in front of them. Their friends were looking at them with shocked expressions, confused about Jongdae’s sudden outburst.

            “What is happening?” Junmyeon quickly asked, wanting to calm both boys down and settle things in a peaceful way.

            “What is happening? Kris has officially gone insane! Haven’t you read his text?”

            “The one talking about the Nerds?” Chanyeol stepped in the conversation. “Dude, your text woke me up! That’s not okay to send a text at 7am on a Sunday!”

            “If you weren’t so lazy and spending your day sleeping, maybe you wouldn’t be so bothered about this!” retorted Kris. Chanyeol simply shrugged.

            “That’s still early…” Jongin muttered, joining his friend.

            Still, Junmyeon had no clue on what they were fighting about and made it clear. “Well, what about it?” he questioned. Clearly he didn’t read the text.

             “I’m just saying that we shouldn’t hang with them anymore” started Kris after he regained composure. “They’re negatively affecting our image. Instead we should just ignore them. They are the Nerds, they don’t get the privilege of being treated like we are.”

            “That doesn’t mean that we have to insult them, or whatever you wrote in your freaking text!” Jongdae yelled. “They’re humans and have feelings. We would be bullies, doing this. What will people think of us?” he said as he lowered his tone.

            “Let me get it right, we will do it. Do you perhaps have a problem with this?” Kris asked. Jongdae stared at him but gave no answer. He couldn’t tell him anyways. “Yeah, I thought so” the blonde told as he left the group.

            “He dodged the bully question” remarked Jongin. “Anyways, we should go, the bell will ring soon. Let’s talk about that later.” he continued as he went away. Jongdae simply added a low “There’s too many people here” before following Jongin.

            Sehun came closer to Junmyeon and whispered to him “Make sure to check both of your phones, a lot can happen in the weekends.” before he left in the same direction as his classmates, Jongin and Jongdae. However, this private talk isn’t one anymore thanks to Chanyeol’s big ears.

            “Oh, you have two phones hyung? As expected of our rich Junmyeon!” he smiled and put his arm around the elder’s shoulder. “Come on, let’s go to our class too, hm?”

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

            From : Jongdae

            To : Minseok

            ‘Babe, there’s an emergency. Kris is crazy. This morning he talked to us about bullying you all. But I think he’s more focused on Zitao. Check this out : link

 

            From : Minseok

            To : Jongdae

            ‘I knew that he has acquaintances in the college’s newspaper club, but I am surprised that he could come up with such an outrageous story about Zitao. It was published this morning? Damn he is fast.’

            ‘We already knew something was up. When we got out of the classroom this morning he shoved Zitao to the side. He never went that far before. What is he thinking?’

 

            From : Jongdae

            To : Minseok

            ‘I have no idea, we all try to know but he disappears every time. I have to go, you guys be careful. Love ya.’

 

            Minseok put his phone back in his pocket and settled his attention back to the conversation he was having with his friends in the cafeteria. It was lunchtime and the boys could finally take a breath after this exhausting morning. Zitao, especially, was relieved since he had to endure Kris’s mood the whole time.

            “I just don’t understand why he would do that!” he said, looking down at his food. “I can’t remember of something I did wrong…”

            Baekhyun scoffed. “Don’t get upset over it, the guy’s not mentally stable I tell you!”

            “We were all starting to be friends, can’t we go back to that time?” the younger continued to pout.

            “Be friends? Don’t you think you’re exaggerating a bit? At best our relation developed to tolerate each other’s presence” answered Kyungsoo, getting a nod of approval from Baekhyun.

            “Maybe if you wait and let him cool down for a while he’ll just stop. Just be patient” advised wisely Yixing.

            “I guess” Zitao sighed. Luhan finished his plate and got up from his seat, tray in his hands. “Guys I have to go to the library real quick, see you later!” As he put his tray away he saw Baekhyun following him.

            “I have to go too” he smiled sheepishly. He put his tray away and went with Luhan into the hallway, taking the direction of the library. Shortly after the pair spotted someone coming their way. Baekhyun made a noise at the back of his throat when he recognized the figure as Sehun.

            “Hey.”

            “Hey.” Baekhyun responded. He then realized that his friend had stopped to look at the Bulletin Board.

            “I have to inform you to avoid Kris. That’s all.” Sehun said nonchalantly.

            “Oh, you’re nice for once” he remarked.

            “Don’t get your hopes too high, I was forced to tell you.”

            “Yeah, I imagine” the boy smirked. “Would you like to- Luhan!” he screamed as said boy collided with his back. Luhan’s eyes grew noticeably larger as he realized the unwanted meaning of this sentence. He locked eyes with Sehun’s uneasy ones rapidly before running away, in a direction that wasn’t the one for the library but going there wasn’t his priority anymore.

            Baekhyun turned around and saw his friend turning around the corner. “I better go with him, that’s not the way we have to go. Thanks, I guess?” he said before he walked away. Sehun stood there, wondering if he was the only one who heard it the wrong way or if Baekhyun was just clueless. He was pulled out of his thoughts when Junmyeon shook him.

            “Hey, you’re there?” he asked.

            “Oh yeah, sorry… What did you want?”

            “Come with me.” Junmyeon pulled Sehun with him until they reached an area empty at this time. He then proceeded to tell him what happened last night, that he was taking his break at his part-time job and spotted Yixing who ran away and he couldn’t catch up with him to explain what he saw.

            “Why do you want him to know the truth? I don’t think he’s going to tell anyone anything” Sehun observed.

            “Well I… Can you keep a secret?” asked Junmyeon.

            “Dude, are you really asking me this? I think I’m doing a pretty good job at keeping the one I already know” the younger said, faking to be offended.

            “You’re right, my bad.” Junmyeon shook his head. “I, uh, am attracted to him, kind of..?” he told him uncertainty, watching closely his friend’s reaction.

            “Why don’t you confess?” Sehun boldly replied.

            “You… You don’t find it strange that I’m attracted to a man?” Junmyeon questioned, surprised.

            Sehun looked at him straight in the eye. “I find a lot of things strange, like when it snowed in the Sahara Desert or knowing that herrings communicates through farts but not this. Especially coming from you, I’m not surprised.” Sehun checked his smartphone quickly. “But to come back to your original situation, I don’t really know how to help you. You’re smart, you should be able to figure something out! I have to go, see you!” he finished, running in the hallway leaving Junmyeon behind.

            When Sehun checked his phone, he saw that he only had a few minutes before the bell would ring. So he decided he would chase after Luhan, even though he left a long time ago. Junmyeon would find a way for his problem with Yixing to be settled, however Luhan was Sehun’s complex puzzle that needed every bit of free time to be solved. It’s like he suffered a case of amnesia, his brain couldn’t remember where he had seen him. So he ran after his enigma, trying to gather his memories on the way but his hopes were shattered when the bell rang, meaning the end of his chase. Today was, once again, not the day where he would learn the conclusion of this mysterious feeling of déjà-vu.

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

            Sehun’s words have been popping up in Junmyeon’s head from time to time during the afternoon even though they weren’t helpful. Yet it was enough to convince him to do something about his situation. He couldn’t let the days go by without doing anything. But was confessing the right thing to do? Isn’t it too early? It was a rare moment in Junmyeon’s life, he wasn’t able to come up with a solution when he spent most of his time getting out of tricky situations easily. Eventually when the lecture he attended ended he had made his decision. Junmyeon discreetly made a sign to Chanyeol and he left without asking why. He thought he was lucky when he saw that Baekhyun left without Yixing, murmuring something along the lines of “apologies to Luhan…” Knowing that Yixing isn’t one to rush to get out of class, even getting out last when alone and no it isn’t creepy to know these facts, Junmyeon waited in the hallway.

            When the Chinese boy finally got out, the older wasted no time and took his wrist to lead him to the end of the hallway, deserted. Junmyeon turned around and faced the panicked boy. He waited for their lecturer to go away before he looked back at Yixing, who was getting anxious and looked like he wanted to get away as soon as possible.

            “Uh… So I wanted to talk about what you saw that one night…?” started Junmyeon. The other boy simply looked at him, urging him to go on silently.

            “Well, I was taking a break from my part-time job when you saw me. I… don’t really get why you ran away” he told him.

            “I don’t know either” was Yixing’s simple answer, looking down to his wrist still in Junmyeon’s grip. “I guess I was scared to find you in this disreputable area when I was lost. What is your job anyway?” he asked.

            “I… can’t tell you. But on another note, would you like to hang out sometimes? I would really like for us to be friends-”

            Yixing quickly pulled his wrist out of his grasp and took a few steps back. “I’m sorry but I-I’m afraid of the unknown” he said panting slightly before he ran away. Junmyeon did not bother to go after him, he clearly saw that he got suddenly scared and did not want to stress him more than he already was. However he couldn’t deny the slight pain in his chest. It wasn’t a rejection but it didn’t mean getting accepted would be easier. Sighing, he walked out of the building and passed by a few students still talking to their friends in the schoolyard. The only thing on his mind was to go home and rest, probably call in sick to his work too, so he didn’t took notice of Jongdae walking towards someone as he left.

            “Are you insane?!” Daehyun told Jongdae when he was closer.

            “Insane, me? No, I’m not the one insane” he answered with a dry laugh. “Why?”

            “The date you got me, he’s a guy!”

            “So? You had a good time, right?” Jongdae said with a small smile.

            “That’s not the point…” he shyly said as he looked at his left, unsure of what to say next. But Jongdae knew exactly what to say.

            “Spit it out! You like him!” he said, excited like a child in front of candies.

            “Well, he’s funny and I guess he enjoyed the time we spent together like I did but to say that I like him… It is too early to tell.”

            “Yeah, whatever. I know you like him, you’re just too dense” he spoke as he made his way out of the campus, followed by a blushing Daehyun desperately trying to tell him otherwise.

 

 

--

 

 

A/N : Yo! I'm back with a 2k+ chapter! But the next chapter will be even longer! So yeah, you can hope for 1 or 2 chapters for the rest of summer holiday. Why so little? Because I got into the engineering school I wanted so bad (cheers loudly!) so I will have to move in during August. I also did pretty well on my exam so I need to breathe after two years of hard work to get there.  And as I told quickly yesterday in the story feed I might buy my first car ever~!

Little point on the story : I don't know if I already told you but the first OTP that got me into reading fanfictions is Daejae hence the reason why they are the cameos.

Second point : I noticed that I don't have a lot of views in the last chapters. I'd like to know why ^^' Is it because you're waiting for the whole story to be finished, because you don't like the story anymore, don't like how long it is to get to something or don't like my writing style...? Please let me know~ On my side I want to tell you that I like to write for you guys, it's just that it takes me SO much time to get a chapter done. But I have between 15-20 ideas for stories with different genres and plots (and maybe OTP, who knows?) and I don't plan on letting them rot somewhere.

An important question : I read somewhere that AFF was taken down for a while, I don't know if it was recent or not. But anyways if it happens again I'd like to tell you where you would be able to read my stories. Now here's the question : where do you think I should post them? I mean,what the majority of you are checking every day where it'll be easy to find my fics. I made a list with pros and cons : tumblr (where I first read fanfictions, but I'll be posting wayyy other things), wordpress (seems pretty but I never really used it so I don't know if it's suited or not), fanfiction.net (where my friends post her fictions but I don't see a lot of kpop related ones so...) and livejournal (I started posting there but stopped because I didn't really like the way it works, dunno...). So please tell me what website/app you check the most often and where should I post my fictions. Don't hesitate to tell me if I missed some famous websites.

Anyways, please subscribe and upvote while I work on the next chapter. Love you a lot a lot a lot~!