Nerds' sleepover

The Choice

4. Nerds’ sleepover

 

            Thursday morning, before the beginning of the lecture in class 2-A

            “Hey Zitao, do you want to come with us at Baekhyun’s tomorrow? We’re going to have a sleepover at his house and I can assure that it’ll be fun” Minseok announced to the said boy, leaning over his desk.

            “Sure, why not? If I don’t intrude of course…” Zitao responded. In only one week he became closer to the 5 people he met at the beginning of the school year. He was always hanging out with his new friends and didn’t pay attention to the whispers he could hear in the hall. He made friends in Korea, that’s all he wanted. Soon (too soon) Mr. Lee entered the classroom and all the students went back to their chairs, getting ready for another 4 hours of alien language.

            “I’ll text you the address later” Luhan whispered before Mr. Lee started his lecture.

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

            *Ding Dong*

            “Coming!” A voice said from the other side of the door. Soon after, the door was pulled open revealing Baekhyun with a Polaroid and a wide smile.

            *Click*

            Zitao stood there looking dumbfounded until the polaroid picture was printed out. Baekhyun took the picture in between his index finger and his thumb and started shaking it slightly waiting for Zitao’s face to appear on it, all this time looking at the boy with a smirk on his face.

            “For memories” he said.

            “It won’t be a good one, I’m sure I was doing a weird face.”

            “A memory should be funny and I’m sure this picture will satisfy my expectation” he grinned “Come on in, my room’s upstairs.”

            Zitao nodded and followed Baekhyun in the house after he left his shoes next to the others’ ones. He remarked that the house was too calm and empty.

            “Where are your parents? If you don’t mind me asking….” asked Zitao.

            “They are still working and won’t be back until late at night. Don’t worry though, I already ordered pizzas so we won’t be starving” he winked.

            Baekhyun led him to the stairs and through the dark corridor until they were in front of a door with a ‘Do not enter’ sign on it.

            “We’re here” he quietly said and turned the doorknob “Hey guys we’re here safe and sound so no need to worry anymore!” he shouted and smiled brightly to the boys in the room who turned their heads at the sudden commotion.

            “Who said we were worried that something would happen? We prayed for it, it was calm after your departure…” Luhan . Baekhyun and Zitao joined them on the carpeted floor next to a plain beige queen bed.

            “Meanie… Let me put this picture with the old ones.” He then started rummaging under his bed and finally pulled out a white box, which probably contained shoes in another time in Zitao’s opinion. Baekhyun opened the box and put Zitao’s picture in it, however before he could close it Zitao took a picture from the messy pile.

            “What is this? Is this you Luhan hyung?” he questioned showing a picture of Luhan with a long blond wig and a little bit of make-up. Luhan immediately turned red, in both embarrassment and anger after recognizing himself.

            “And here, you have the perfect example of a funny memory” said Baekhyun, before beginning to back off of Luhan a little.

            “I thought I told you to burn this, Byun Baekhyun!” he shouted. Said boy just laughed, like the rest of the room, and ran as far away of the furious blond boy as he can. Yixing held Luhan to prevent him to go after his friend.

            “Seriously Baek” he hissed “I thought I made it clear when you took it!”

            “Come on Lulu, you look cute you could let the others see your beautiful fa-” Minseok started.

            “You!” Luhan glared at him, making the latter join Baekhyun to his safe place, still laughing.

            “Can you explain what is it, hyung?” asked Zitao trying to keep a serious face because even if he can look pretty in this picture, he looked like a murderer right now.

            “I shouldn’t be alone in this picture…” he grumbled looking at the ground.

            “Sorry?”

            “What he is trying to say” Minseok said “is that it was taken last year, on his first day at the cross-dressing club.” As soon as he finished his sentence, he began to laugh once again while Zitao tried harder to keep in his laughter. ‘Damn, Luhan in the cross-dressing club? Oops, he looks like he would explode at any instant.  Do not laugh, Huang Zitao…’

            “No way! You were in the cross-dressing club hyung?” the panda boy questioned.

            “Like I said, I shouldn’t be alone in this picture.” He took a breath to calm his nerves then started to tell his vision of the story. “I made a deal with this person over there” he answered making a gesture with his hand towards Baekhyun “so we would be in this club the 2 of us. We were young and curious…” Minseok muttered ‘Cut the crap’ but Luhan ignored him. “But this person left me alone in the club room after I was dressed, saying that he should go to his club. He took a picture and ran away” he finished, looking at Baekhyun with dark eyes.

            “That’s what I told Zitao, memories should be funny!” he said while he carefully took his place on the floor with Minseok once they deemed Luhan less dangerous.

            “Lulu, don’t be like this! You’re pretty and if you were a girl I would probably date you!” Minseok complimented his friend then threw his arm over his shoulder and made a ‘pouty-lips’ face to him.

            “That’s not the problem!” he roared and added “Eww, you’re gross” when he saw Minseok’s pouty face and let his arm fall off of his shoulder.

            “I’m hurt” Minseok gasped and faked a hurt look while he placed his hand on his heart.

            “I think I am more hurt than you. My new friend will now see me as someone who is girly, which is completely wrong by the way!” Luhan said then turned his head to the side, pouting.

            “Luhan you’re not the only one who have funny pictures, did you saw Zitao’s face on the one Baekhyun took earlier?” Yixing tried to comfort him.

            “Hey!”

            “Uh guys, I think he’s giving us the cold shoulder” commented Kyungsoo, looking at Luhan who hadn’t moved an inch from his previous position.

            “Such a girly revenge…” Minseok snickered.

            “What?!” barked Luhan, turning to the latter with wide eyes full of anger.

            “I said –”

            “Hyung, will you still be in this club this year?” questioned Zitao.

            “Of course not! I don’t want to imagine myself in this club another year” he answered, not minding the ‘I’m sure your fans would gladly imagine you’ muttered by Baekhyun. “I’ll do football!”

            “Football? Isn’t it a little bit too much to prove your virility?” asked Kyungsoo.

            “Hopefully I’ll be in the cooking club with Kyungie this year” sighed Minseok feigning relief.

            “Are you abandoning me once again?” Luhan said.

            “Well, yes I guess?”

            “Guys I’m hungry who wants to eat pizzas?” whined Baekhyun. They all agreed and Baekhyun went down in the kitchen to retrieve the pizzas which were delivered before Zitao arrived. When he went back into the room, they all jumped on the food, Yixing almost suffocating himself.

            “And you, what’re you doing Yixing?” asked Kyungsoo between two munches of his portion of pizza.

            “I preferred Lulu with his long hair…Sorry did you ask something?” said boy responded, obviously startled that someone interrupted his tray of thoughts.          

            “Uh yes… Will you still be part of the dance club?”

            “Yep, it’s cool!” he smiled and began to eat his pizza.

            “And you Baekhyun I don’t need to ask. Videogames club” Kyungsoo stated. “Any idea about what you want to do Zitao?”

            “Well, the administration told me they would let me 2 weeks to decide, but I think I’m more of a sportsman…” he answered. “I thought about joining a martial arts club but I hadn’t seen one so I guess I’ll go for basketball club.”

            “Nu-uh, bad idea” said Baekhyun with his mouth full.

            “Why so?”

            “Wu Yifan, also known as Kris as he likes to call himself, is the captain of the college’s basketball team. With his height and his scary look he scares his opponents easily. After what happened, I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to be under his every order in his club… Be careful of the almighty Kris or else-!” explained Luhan.

            “I think he understood Luhan, now put down this flashlight and switch the lights back on please” demanded Minseok.

            “No fun…”

            “Okay I’ll think about it. Kris was calm yesterday morning during the lecture, which surprised me… By the way, I made a few friends around the school, but the majority of the students are still looking at me and whispering when I walk in the halls” said Zitao.

            “Did you saw his face yesterday? He had eye bags, I’m sure he hadn’t had sleep the night before, which explains why he was calm! He tried to sleep with his eyes open I guess” joked Minseok.

            “And about the looks you receive, it’s no wonder. The handsome and foreign new student who made himself known to the Kingkas on the first day is friends with the Nerds. I think they need time until they’re finally accustomed to the idea” answered Kyungsoo.

            “Hey buddies, let’s play the game I talked to you earlier!” spoke an excited Baekhyun waving them over his computer.

            “I’m surprised your parents let you bought this game, with their personality” commented Yixing.

            “They don’t know yet, but let’s play and worry ourselves another time!”

            After a few hours of playing featuring an over-excited Baekhyun, a cute-when-concentrated Luhan, a maybe-with-my-tongue-on-the-side-I-will-play-better Minseok, a laughing Zitao, a deep-in-thought Yixing and a lost Kyungsoo, they all fell on Baekhyun’s bed exhausted.

            “Bed time?” asked Kyungsoo.

            “Come on, everybody unpack his stuff on the floor and ready himself to sleep!” commanded Baekhyun. Yixing climbed on Baekhyun’s queen bed while Luhan and Minseok took out their pillows from their bags, ready to sleep on a mattress provided by Baekhyun. Zitao and Kyungsoo were left with their sleeping bags.

            “Sorry guys, next time we’ll switch” announced Baekhyun, already lying on his bed. Once everybody was ready, Luhan went to switch off the lights (again) and went back to sleep next to Minseok.

            “Should I comment on the girly blanket and pink boxer of Luhan?” Minseok inquired in the black of the room still aware that everybody heard him.

            “For the trouble taken, you’re not allowed to hug me tonight” Luhan said firmly before moving to the edge of the mattress and closing his eyes.

            “Aww Lulu…” he complained. A last snicker was heard then everybody was fast asleep, ready to sleep until late in the morning.

 

 

--

 

 

A / N : Here it is! Sorry for the 3 days late, I was busy but I wrote an long and fun chappie (I hope...) for you~

Also a thanks to Roseamanelle, who's always here to beta me (no matter the time and the growling of her stomach!)

Don't hesitate to comment on what you think of this story or if there's something bothering you, and thank you for the upvotes, suscribers and 400+ views! It makes me really happy (and forces me to write a good chap!)

@Lulu044 : Wooh une française! Contente de savoir que ça te plaît à toi aussi! ^^

In this chapter I wrote "Wu Yifan, also known as Kris as he likes to call himself" and I should add : 'and the author' ; I hadn't paid attention but I wrote "Yifan" in the first chapter then always wrote "Kris" in the 2nd and 3rd... Also I remarked that I wrote the "college" parts not realistically, I think I'll put a post explaining why for the next chap! I hope it hadn't bothered you too much ;)

And it's the end of the long note ^^ Hopefully the next chapter before I go back to my boarding school (finally holidays!), in 1 week and a half. 'Til then, Love y'all!