What happens on weekends - Part 2

The Choice

 

12. What happens on weekends - Part 2

 

             “We’re here” Jongdae announced as he pulled his car over next to a large property. He turned his head to look at his passenger and said person looked positively frightened, looking right ahead lost in his thoughts.

             Indeed, Minseok was trying to process what was going on. His brain seemed to be stuck on the words ‘too much’; was he really going to meet his family? Like, right now? Why? It doesn’t seem like a fake date anymore. Before he knew how it happened, he was outside of the car with Jongdae pulling him by his hand in the direction of the door. As soon as he knocked on it, a lady in her forties opened and greeted them with a warm smile.

             “Finally, you’re here! We’ve been waiting for you Jongdae! And you brought a friend, nice! Please, come in” she said as she stepped aside, letting the two boys enter the large house. “Your dad is still working, we will have dinner when he’s back. Is your friend staying for dinner too?”

             Minseok was opening his mouth to refuse the offer but Jongdae was faster, answering “Yes. We’ll be up in my room for now.”

             “All right sweetie, I’ll call you when dinner’s ready!” she told him cheerfully. Minseok would swear that he saw Jongdae’s cheeks got a bit flushed as they climbed the stairs. When they reached the second floor, the chubby boy followed his friend into his room. Jongdae closed the door and leaned against it, closing his eyes and taking a deep and silent breath while Minseok looked around the spacious room. He then spoke up.

             “Why won’t you notice me?”

             “What?” Minseok asked as he turned around. Jongdae repeated.

             “Why won’t you notice me? I speak to you every day, I took a Chinese nickname just like yours and I try to make you laugh every time but… You just want to get away from me” he sighed.

             “Are you really asking me why? You and your friends are always making fun of my friends. So when you come around, excuse me but I don’t want to know what kind of joke you’ll pull out. I can’t figure you out.”

             “Don’t get me wrong, only my friends are making fun of yours, not me. I’m just… really interested in you that’s why I always come around you. I don’t want to joke around with you, I’m not who you think I am.” Jongdae said as he looked at everything except Minseok.

             “Interested…?”

             “Yeah” he then breathed out “I really like you and I was hoping to ask you out directly but I ended up creating this fake situation so we would spend some time together, and you wouldn’t want to leave.”

             “So there were no jealous girls?” Minseok then remembered Luhan’s words saying Jongdae had a crush on someone. “I… Am I your crush people talk about?”

             Jongdae smiled a little “Well, of course they were jealous girls, but I have a big crush on you. Plus I am gay, and I hope you are too” he whispered the last part but Minseok still heard him. He was astonished by this confession. Heck, he was astonished by the whole day!

             “I… Well, I am too but… What… Really, I’m not a joke to you?” Minseok asked looking up at Jongdae with big eyes as the boy walked over to him.

             “You’re not” Jongdae assured him. He took his hands in his, looked in his eyes that still showed a bit of confusion and spoke up carefully. “Can I call you my boyfriend now?”

             Minseok simply went ahead and hugged him. Jongdae smiled as he held Minseok against his chest for a moment before he said “Do I take that as a yes?” He felt the older nod and hug him tighter. They stayed like this until a voice was heard.

             “Sweetie! Dinner is ready!” his mom announced. They reluctantly let go of each other, and Minseok noted red was once again on Jongdae’s cheeks as he told him “She’s not always like that, I swear!” Minseok laughed lightly as he followed his new boyfriend into the living room. He saw a man already at the table, next to Jongdae’s mother so he guessed it was his father.

             “Mom, dad, this is Minseok” the younger told them as they seated in front of them. The lady started to gush about Jongdae having a new friend, and a good looking one at that, then they all began to eat dinner.

             The dinner finished, Jongdae and Minseok were now in the former’s car, driving the latter back home.

             “Come on, talk to me~!” Jongdae pouted.

             “No.”

             “I’ve already said sorry! But you saw it, my parents are okay with it.”

             “You could’ve told me you were going to tell them we’re together! I choked on water, I must have looked so stupid…” Minseok said as he looked out the window.

             “I assure you weren’t. You are still the cutest thing alive to me.”

             “Hmpf.” Minseok crossed his arms and looked out to see his neighborhood. Soon after, Jongdae parked the car, and the older spoke up.

             “What about our friends?” he asked and looked at his boyfriend. Jongdae turned to him and saw uncertainty written on his face, he could understand it. Their friends can’t stand the others’ ones, so it wouldn’t be possible to explain that they were dating. Jongdae thought about it for a while.

             “I think… We should keep it a secret. For now.” He said. “But hey,” he continued, seeing his boyfriend’s pouty face “That doesn’t mean I can’t send you a hundred texts during the day!”

             Minseok looked down and smiled. He was secretly enjoying the effort Jongdae was willing to put into this relationship. He unbuckled his seatbelt, kissed him quickly on his cheek and opened the car’s door to run back to his house, leaving Jongdae with a silly smile on his face for the rest of the night.

 

X X X X X X X X X X X X

 

             Kris woke up on a Sunday morning in a pretty bad mood. He indeed slept badly because he was working his mind too much, in his opinion. Yesterday night he was having a hard time getting asleep, lying in his bed with his eyes open in the dark room. He couldn’t get his brain to stop thinking about everything so he decided to brainstorm about what to do with the current situation in college.

             Because he knew that if he was stressed over something right now, it would concern the popularity the Nerds were gaining. They shouldn’t become popular and shadow him and his friends. What scared him the most is losing his popularity, and Kris knew it. Ever since he was a child he was attractive and people loved him. As he grew up he eventually made friends, but kept on relying on his popularity; he doesn’t know what he would do if he were to lose it. While he brainstormed over this fact he came up to a solution that calmed his insecurities down and he finally got some sleep, even though a pressure down his chest area was an unpleasant feeling.

             So the first thing he did after he woke up, before getting a shower, was to send a mass text to his friends, informing them of his intentions. At least he would spend a nice Sunday now that he partially resolved his problems, ‘when will this stupid pressure disappear?’ he thought.

 

 

--

 

 

A/N : I just want to say "Notice me senpai!" to the Xiuchen part.

No really, I have no idea how this is going to turn out. I've never wrote a confession before so I don't know if it's good or not. Tell me if I should change something in my writing style for this "confession thing", because there is still 5 couples left. I almost made you a thousand words of a cringy confession, almost! I think I have 999 words actually >.>'

So I am posting this chapter on April 19th, but it's already April 20th in China so Happy Luhan Day, even though he isn’t present in this chapter! But don’t worry, he’ll make an appearance in the next one (Hunhan is one of the couples starting late in this story). Talking about the next chapter, I don't know when I'll be updating it because I have final exams coming up in three weeks (and I at French, I am better at English, what is up with the world?!) and it ends up late June. I hope you'll have something by the first two weeks of July because it pains me too to keep you waiting.

Finally, here is the poll concerning my story. I've thought about it and it might not be the next one cause I don't think I have enough material to start writing it yet. Anyway, for the main couple (and probably only, others would only be cameos), I have some ideas (as I know how the chemistry would work between the characters) but I am completely open to any  suggestions (like, if the same couple is mentionned a lot in the comments and more than other couples are voted in the poll, I would end up choosing them). So don't hesitate to ask for you couple and participate for the next story!

Wow, what a long note.

Thank you for waiting for my updates! Really, I love you all! See you next time!!! *waving at you with crazy hair after writing all of this*

-Credit to whoever took that picture-