009

Disconnect

I opened my eyes to the sight of sunlight streaming in, illuminating the picture of Jongin and I on the wall. My head was pounding, though I wasn't sure why. I sighed. I should probably look into where the medicine cabinet in the house was. I turned to the side to stretch, and was greeted by the sight of a sleeping Jongin, snoring slightly.

Wait a minute.

Jongin...sleeping...in my bed? I had a heachache, too. Something didn't add up. I tried to remember what had happened yesterday; I'd been out with Chanyeol last night, and then...nothing.

I sat up, putting my head in my hands, and groaned. Whatever happened, I needed to take a shower and wake up properly. Hopefully that would make my head feel better, too.

But I'd unintentionally woken up Jongin, who said, "You're awake?"

I didn't answer the question; it was pointless. Instead, I asked, "What happened yesterday? Why is my head hurting? Actually...why are you here?"

"I was hoping you could tell me what happened, actually." Jongin also sat up, his hair a mess for once. His eyes were still sleepy, too, I noticed. "Your friend brought you home yesterday, unconscious."

"Chanyeol?" I was surprised. How did he even find out where I lived?

"Well, whatever his name is, I don't like him. First he calls me with your phone--"

"Wait, he called you? With my phone?" How was this possible? I didn't even have Jongin's number. Or did I?

I grabbed my phone, lying on the nightstand, and scrolled through my contacts list. Kim Jongin. Since when did I have his number saved? I looked at Jongin questioningly, eyebrows raised.

He looked down at his hands and mumbled, "Well, I thought it would be appropriate for you to have my phone number, in the case of an emergency, so I saved it in there. Not that I ever expected you to call."

"And when did you do this?"

"Uhh..." He at least had the decency to look ashamed.

"Never mind. Anyway, so Chanyeol drove me here, and then...?"

"I couldn't figure out why you were passed out. You didn't smell like alcohol, and you didn't seem to be beat up either. So that friend of yours must have slipped you something. I don't buy his story about--never mind." He looked at me suddenly, alarmed, as if a thought just struck him. "Do you feel okay? Does anything feel...strange?"

I was about to snap back a reply about my headache when I understood his question. Oh. "I'm fine. Nothing seems...odd. And Chanyeol wouldnt..."

Jongin smirked, though his eyes betrayed his relief. "I wouldn't put anything past a guy, if I were you. Lust can turn people into monsters sometimes, even to the ones they love."

I blushed at his implication, but then immediately felt foolish. Chanyeol would never intentionally harm me. Jongin must be going slightly crazy. "Whatever," I said, getting out of bed. "I'm going to shower." I made for the closet, when I realized Jongin was lazily observing. "Don't look," I told him, feeling self-conscious, although there was nothing to feel self-conscious about.

Jongin pointed out as much. "But you're not even doing anything."

I turned back to look at him and raised my eyebrows. He stared back, unfazed. I gave up.

Hurriedly, I picked out a fresh pair of pants, a t-shirt, and, feeling aware of him watching me, underwear. I practically ran into the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

Once I was done with my shower, feeling clean and refreshed, I headed into my room and found Jongin also much more awake, reading a book. He looked up as I entered. "Breakfast is ready," he stated simply.

"Yeah, okay. You go ahead and eat first."

"No, I'll wait for you."

I was surprised, considering the fact that just yesterday, he hadn't even seemed to show a reaction to my leaving to go with Chanyeol. But I wasn't about to refuse his offer, either. At least this was getting somewhere. I was no longer grasping at thin air; Jongin was starting to open up.

After I had towel-dried my hair for a bit, we headed downstairs together. Eun Hye raised her eyebrows at the sight, and shot me a conspiratorital wink once Jongin wasn't looking. I wanted to explain to her that nothing was going on, but then realized that there was no reason for me to have to be self-conscious and defend myself. Nothing was going on.

Jongin sat down and ate the food. While he wasn't looking, I was able to study him: his disheveled bed hair, the sharp angles of his face, the strength visible with every movement of his body, and the grace of his movements. "Eat," he said around a mouthful of food without looking up. "Stop staring at me."

I blushed and did as he said. "I wasn't staring," I mumbled to myself.

But then I felt eyes on me and became immediately conscious of my messy hair, and more so of the annoying acne in that particular area on my face. "You shouldn't stare at me if you don't want me to stare at you," I commented, not looking at him.

"Who said I don't want you to stare at me?"

Astonished, I gaped at him. A corner of his mouth was quirked  up. "But you said--"

He dismissed my words with a wave of his hand. "I've said a lot of things. Anyway, I was thinking of a few places to head to, once you're done eating. The weather looks promising, too. You should change into something comfortable. We'll be walking a lot." Then he stood up and carried his plate and cup to the kitchen to wash. "But take your time. I wouldn't want you choking on your food, now would I?" And I could have sworn that he winked at me.

I was dumbfounded. Where did this friendliness come from? Why now? I'd finished a moment after he left, and was scrubbing the plates. Why was he suddenly so nice?

I sighed.

Boys. I would never understand them.

I headed back to my room to changed, as he'd told me to. I chose a light pink short-sleeved shirt, along with a pair of black shorts, because I had no idea what he had planned. "Comfortable clothes," he'd said. These were comfortable enough. I grabbed a small bag, put my phone and wallet inside, put on a pair of Converse, and went to find Jongin. He was waiting in the living room.

"You should at least tell me where you're going to be," I complained. "Walking around this giant house trying to find you should be considered a sport. It's excercise."

Jongin laughed, a sound I figured I would never tire of. "Well then. I'll be sure to inform you of my whereabouts in the house next time. Shall I tell you when I feel like using the washroom as well?" He laughed again, and stood up, walking over to where I stood. He reached out and patted my head, a gesture that shocked me; it seemed to shock even him. But then he smiled. "You're tiny."

I broke out from my state of confusion and retorted, "I could say something to that, but--"

He cut me off, putting both hands on my shoulders and turning me, then lightly pushing me towards the door. "Alright, alright. But I want to get there early, so we're not already dying of heat by the time we get there. It is summer, after all."

I huffed but let him lead me, to my surprise, to his car. It was a silver convertible, and, like a gentleman, opened the door for me.

As he drove out onto the streets, then the highway, I turned and shouted over the wind, "Where are we going?"

Jongin simply laughed, as if I had asked the silliest question in the world.

"Where do you think, silly? We're going on a date."

 

A/N: I'm back, hehe

Honestly, school is keeping me so busy these days. I barely have time to do anything anymore :(

Anyway, Jongin is finally opening up ahaha. I hope you liked this update :)

Comment please! ♥