017

Disconnect

Jongin wanted to throw his phone against the wall in frustration, but that would mean breaking his only possible connection to Yifan and So Eun. He didn't know what the bastard wanted, what he was doing to So Eun, and the guy wouldn't even answer his damn phone--or rather, So Eun's phone, which he definitely had.

It had been a week--a week--since Wu Yifan had taken So Eun, and who knew what they were doing with her? Although, Jongin hoped, they were treating her well enough, considering that their target was him, not her.

When Jongin had gotten home after that distressing conversation with Yoojin, he'd quickly realized that So Eun wasn't home. Although a little worried, he'd rationalized that So Eun wasn't always home; she had a social life too--he understood that. But when she hadn't returned after three hours, he began to panic. Hoping that he was just being paranoid, he'd called her. And then Yifan had been there, and taken her. And now he had no idea where they were. He'd spent the last week searching for them, but there was no lead.

Jongin was also ditching work, not that anyone would mind, really. Or, his father would. The end of the few weeks he'd announced that he would take off was over. But most everyone else would probably be relieved at his absence. Taking care of business could come after getting his wife back.

Just the day before, he had found So Eun's so-called best friend, Park Chanyeol, sitting in a cafe. Jongin had marched over to the man and just about growled into his ear, "Come outside with me. Now."

Chanyeol had only given him a condescending smirk. "And why should I?"

Jongin grabbed Chanyeol's shirt and pulled him up. "Because So Eun is gone, and I don't have time for your petty jealousy."

Chanyeol had straightened up immediately; Jongin let him go, and they went outside. "So Eun is missing? Since when?"

"Since about a week ago. Look, I'm only telling you this because you might be able to help me find her. I've tried every connection I have, but still nothing."

"Do you know who took her?"

"Wu Yifan."

Chanyeol had stopped in his tracks. When Jongin looked back, his face was as pale as a sheet. "Wu Yifan?" he'd repeated. "Are you freaking kidding me? You're saying a guy who dabbles in human trafficking has So Eun?!"

Jongin had simply sighed and rubbed his forehead, his worries finally voiced aloud. "Yes, Park Chanyeol, which is why I'm so desparate to find her and make sure that she's still okay--"

Chanyeol finally exploded; he'd grabbed Jongin's jacket and picked him up so they were eye level. "You listen here, Kim Jongin. I don't care whether you're So Eun's husband or not; whether you're lying to me or not. If I find out anything--anything--has happened to her, I will never forgive you. Ever." He let Jongin go. "I'll help you find her. But the moment you hear anything, I want you to tell me. Are we in agreement?"

"Yes," Jongin had said. But as Chanyeol walked away, he couldn't help calling after the guy, "Hey, what's with you and Yoojin?"

Chanyeol had turned around and given Jongin a look so full of hatred, of pain and disappointment, that Jongin suddenly felt uncomfortable. "Nothing that concerns you," he said, and walked on.

Finally, lying on his bed, Jongin's phone rang, and he jumped. It was So Eun, and it was a video call. Frowning slightly, Jongin picked up. "Hello?"

Yifan's face filled the screen, and the man laughed. Jongin wanted to bash his face in. "Hello, Kim Jongin. How are you doing?"

"What have you done to her?" Jongin snarled. "I swear to God, if you so much as touched a hair on her head--"

"Jung So Eun? Oh, nothing much. Want to see?" Yifan turned the phone to show So Eun sitting on a couch, tied up with a cloth in . Next to her was a blond young man that Jongin didn't recognize. Taking a closer look, he saw that the bastard wasn't just sitting beside her; his hands were--

"That's enough, Sehun," Yifan's voice cut in. The man named Sehun let go of So Eun, who started to struggle to move towards Jongin as she spotted the phone, and probably his face.

"I think So Eun here wants to talk to you," Yifan's voice said again. "Sehun, take the cloth out." He then held the phone in front of So Eun's face.

"Oppa," she whispered, and Jongin's heart fluttered.

"So Eun," he started, panicking. "So Eun, are you okay? Did they do anything to you?"

"Oppa, come and get me out of here. Every day Sehun..." She trailed off, and the man beside her chuckled. Jongin wanted to punch the guy.

"So Eun, I promise you, I will come. Just hang in there, okay? I'm so sorry. Now, Wu Yifan, what do you want?"

Yifan turned the phone back. "Simple enough. I want $10,000. Cash. I'll give you three days. Get here and bring the money. Just you. Understand?"

"Why?" Jongin couldn't help asking. "You make much more than that in three days. I would hardly think you would need money."

"It's the action that counts, Kim Jongin. I want you to admit that you lose, that you gave in."

Jongin sighed. "Alright, fine. I'll get the money and come. But I swear to God, So Eun--"

"No harm will be done to her. I can promise you that. I'll make sure of it."

And though Jongin hated Yifan, he knew that the man always kept his word. Despite his poor choices, Yifan was an honorable man. "Give me the address."

After giving the address, Yifan gave Jongin a small smile. "After all these years, Kim Jongin, it's finally settled."

Jongin hung up and called Park Chanyeol.

 

A/N: Wow. I'm back.

After some crazy preparation, assignments, and cramming for AP tests, I'm back. I hope you liked the update. It's not that great, but I wanted to update before some other thing comes up and I disappear again :)