016

Disconnect

With nothing to do, no one to meet, I decided to waste the time away by going around the city, instead of heading home. I wasn't quite in the mood to face Jongin yet, either.

I mainly window-shopped, smiling at all the pretty and cute things many had on display. I knew that I was being unproductive and sulky, but just about then, I felt like I deserved to indulge myself in self-pity. Just as I had given up on exploring the streets and was about to head home, my phone rang. Digging for it through my bag, I checked the caller: Jongin. With a sigh, I picked up. "Hello?"

"So Eun?" Oddly, he sounded panicked. "Where are you?"

I grew a bit irritated. Why would he suddenly start caring now? "I'm just walking around, near the downtown area. I'm about to head home now. What is this ab--"

A hand closed around my mouth, pushing me back against the person, and plucked the phone out of my hand. I struggled to free myself, but whoever it was had a strong grip. Based on the laughter, it was a he. He cackled into the phone. "Hello, is this Jongin?"

I heared Jongin yelling on the other end, but couldn't make out the words. "Oh, poor thing," the man drawled. "What did she ever do to deserve you as a husband?" He tsked. "Where even were you as your wife was taken, hmm?"

He hung up and kept my phone. "So, Jung So Eun. Do know that this isn't personal. It has more to do with Kim Jongin, and you just so happened to be his wife. I'm sorry. Now, I'm going to let go of your mouth. Don't scream, now, or this won't be pleasant for either of us."

As promised he let go. But instead of screaming, I only said dryly, "I fail to see how the fact that you're not kidnapping me for me should be reassuring."

The man chuckled. "I like you. I'm sorry we had to meet this way. I'm sure that if we'd met under normal circumstances, we would have gotten along well." He moved, and I heard the sound of fabric on fabric. "I'm going to have to blindfold you now, okay?"

I knew that this was the last chance I had to make a break for it before I was taken. I turned around slowly to face him, then planned on the route I was going to take. But all the plans slipped from my head as I realized who the man was. Wu Yifan, whom I'd met at the event. Only yesterday, I realized, and yet I felt chills through me. He slipped the blindfold on and picked me up, slinging me over his shoulder.

As he deposited me in what must have been a van or some other type of car, a piece of cloth was put over my mouth and nose. As I faded from consciousness, my last thought was, Jongin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to a throbbing headache and loud, though dampened, music. I was lying on a bed, and the lighting in the room was an odd blue. I sat up, surprised to find that I wasn't restricted in any way--my hands weren't tied, my feet weren't tied, no blindfold, nothing in my mouth. Odd to think that they would go through all the trouble of bringing me here and not even bother tying me up. But then again, they probably had guards outside the door or something of the like. Or video cameras. Feeling uncomfortable, I padded into the bathroom and wondered if there were cameras in there.

Looking into the mirror, I saw that I wasn't hurt in any way that I could see: no bruises, scratches, nothing. Letting out a breath, I ventured to open the door to the room. As expected, two men stood guard there. I was about to ask them a few questions when I saw Yifan walking towards my room.

He met my eyes, and I stared at him until he stopped at the doorway, giving me a lazy grin. "Let's go in and have a talk, shall we?"

I simply glared at him, arms crossed.

Yifan sighed. "I was hoping you'd be more friendly." He pushed me back into the room, and closed the door behind him.

I stood right by the door, arms still crossed. "Are you at least going to explain why you took me?"

He rolled his eyes. "I thought I made it clear. I took you because you're Kim Jongin's wife."

"That doesn't explain anything. What have you got against Jongin?"

Yifan simply gave me a sad smile. "Everything," he said, and walked out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few days of giving me a surprising amount of freedom (as far as I could tell--there were no windows), I decided to try to get out. Even though they didn't treat me badly at all for a hostage (because I was sure they only took me to demand something from Jongin), I still didn't appreciate being kidnapped. I knew that there was a period of time when the two guards outside my room secretly sneaked out to go somewhere--bathroom, to get food, I wasn't sure--for about twenty minutes. I took advantage of that and slipped into the hallway, running. The lights were colorful, but dim, and I was suspicious of the place's purpose after hearing music, laughter, and plenty of scandalously dressed girls who gave me odd looks as they passed by in the hallway.

I randomly made left and right turns down the winding hallway, praying that I was getting closer to the exit. But as I finally saw a door that seemed to have natural sunlight on the other side, I was yanked back by my hair and it was all I could do to not cry out. "What have we here?" a man's voice drawled. Based on his slur, and on the smell of alcohol reeking off him, he was drunk. "I called for someone half an hour ago, yet no one came. I guess you'll have to make do." He shoved me against the wall, and I fought him off as much as I could. Just when my strength was about to give out, someone pulled him off of me and punched him in the stomach.

"This is why I wanted you to stay in your room," Yifan growled.

I could only look at him; I was too much in shock to speak.

Yifan motioned for two of his men to grab on to me. "Let's go back to your room. I thought you would appreciate my giving you space, but you just took advantage of it and ended up causing trouble. This is your fault, Jung So Eun." He addressed the two guys holding onto me. "Sehun, Minseok, get her back to the room. I'm going to take care of this guy." He kicked the man on the ground, passed out from probably too much alcohol.

They escorted me back to the room. One of them went to close the door, and the other kept a firm grip on me, even after I sat down on the couch. The one at the door rolled his eyes. "Sehun, I think you can let go of her now."

Sehun let go, but looked down at me. He was uncomfortably handsome, with blond hair and a smirk on his face. "I don't know why you bothered with that whole escape thing," he said. "You can't have possibly thought you would make it out of--"

Yifan entered, slamming the door shut behind him. If I thought he was scary before, he was absolutely frightening now. Yifan stopped right in front of me, glowering. "You don't understand what a mess you've made for me. And as such, I won't be so nice to you anymore. You're going to have a visitor every day now--Sehun here. More guards outside, and I think I'm going to tie your hands together, too. Don't forget that your attempt to escape was the cause of this, So Eun. Try again, and things will only get worse for you." With that, he strode out of the room.

"What does he mean, a visitor?" I whispered, not really wanting to know.

Sehun leaned down so he was right in front of my face. "It means," he said with a smirk, tracing a finger down my face, "that you're mine now, to do as I please."