018

Disconnect

Jongin entered the building, briefcase in hand. Park Chanyeol stood inconspicuously in a corner with a glass of beer in hand, giving Jongin a small nod before returning his attention to a young woman before him. Jongin headed into a quieter hallway and dialed So Eun's number.

Yifan picked up on the third ring. "I'll have some men down in a second. Follow them," he said simply, then hung up.

Jongin wanted to punch him so badly, the guy was so cocky now that he had So Eun. This stupid rivalry should have ended years ago. Ever since the incident in high school...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jongin!" Wu Yifan called, smiling.

Kim Jongin grinned back and went over to greet him, slipping past all the dancing bodies. "Hey, man!"

"See that girl over there?" Yifan asked him, motioning towards a girl getting a drink from the drink table. "I'm planning to ask her to dance."

Jongin looked at him oddly. "So go ask her to dance. This is a party, for goodness's sake. Even if anything happens, she'll probably be too drunk to remember it tomorrow, anyway."

"That's the problem," Yifan stated seriously.

Drunk himself, Jongin did not notice Yifan's tone. "What's the problem?"

"I actually like her, you idiot. I don't want her to forget."

Jongin laughed. "All right, then. You want me to go over there and bring her here?"

"You would do that for me?" Yifan asked, surprised.

"We're best friends, dude. Of course," Jongin replied, giving a loud laugh and heading towards the girl.

But once there, in front of the girl, Jongin's head was pounding, and he shouted over the music, "Hey!"

"Hey!" she shouted back, and for some reason this made Jongin laugh.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Lee Yoojin!" she yelled in his ear, so that he could hear. "And you're Kim Jongin, aren't you!"

"How'd you know?" Jongin felt like he wanted to say something else; there was something he'd come here to do. But he couldn't remember?

"What do you say to finding a more private place to talk?" Yoojin purred in his ear, practically falling onto him. He let her lead him away into an empty room in the house, closing the door behind her. He did not hear or notice her locking the door.

"My, my, is it me, or is it hot in here?" she asked, fanning herself, stripping off her jacket and letting it drop on the floor.

Jongin's body decided at that moment to crash; he lay facedown on the bed, knocked out. When he woke the next morning, he was under the blanket, stark . Panicking, he looked to his left; Yoojin lay sleeping, also . Jongin sat up, hissing and ruffling his hair. What had he done?

He hurried put on his clothes and walked out the door--just in time to be punched in the face. Rubbing his cheek, he looked up to see who his attacker was; to his surprise, it was Wu Yifan, looking disheveled and smelling horrible. "What the hell, man?" Yifan growled.

Jongin struggled to find words. "What--what--what did I do?"

"That's what I was going to ask you. I tell you I like the girl, and you offer to bring her over for me. I can't believe I trusted you." Yifan shook his head, and pointedly refused to look at Jongin. "And then I hear rumors that you'd gone into a room with Yoojin." He looked past Jongin to the sleeping Yoojin. "Seems they were true."

"Look, Yifan, I really didn't mean--"

"Please, Jongin. Cut the crap. I've had enough of you and your ego. You think nobody's good enough for you. No, you make sure no one's as good as you, don't you? Looking down on me isn't enough, you have to go and make a point by sleeping with the girl I like?"

"No, that's not--"

"Shut it. I'm not in the mood for this. Just know," Yifan said, looking straight into Jongin's eyes, "I'm going to give you hell for this. For the rest of your life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jongin walked through the door, and my eyes went immediately to him. "Jongin oppa!"

He held my gaze for a few seconds, then turned to Wu Yifan. "I brought what you asked," he said, holding up a briefcase. "Let So Eun go."

Some of Yifan's men took the briefcase. But Yifan simply his chin and looked at Jongin. "But what if I don't want to?"

"You son of a ," Jongin growled. "Let So Eun go immediately."

Yifan tensed, but then relaxed after a few moments and laughed. "Of course I will, Jongin. I was just teasing you." He nodded at Sehun, who untied me.

"You know, Jongin," Yifan was saying as I walked over to Jongin, "I'm a lot nicer to her than you probably were to Yoojin back then. I respected her privacy, at least," he sneered.

I felt Jongin tense. But he said nothing to that. "Let's go, So Eun," he said, taking my hand pulling me along.

"Have a good life, Jongin," Yifan called after us.

Jongin paused. "You two, Yifan. And you know, I never got to tell you this. But I will now: I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to happen." And then we continued on our way out, away from Yifan, away from whatever part of Jongin's past that was.

We sat for a while in Jongin's car, and I was surprised to be joined by Chanyeol. "What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"It's nice to see you too," he replied. "I was there to make sure Jongin actually got you back and didn't die trying." To Jongin, he said, "Just drop me off at the bakery near your house. I'll get on a bus or something home."

Jongin did as he asked. Once we got home, I showered and went straight to bed. Jongin did the same, but as he was heading to his room downstairs, I called, "Jongin oppa?"

I listened to the sound of his footsteps going up the stairs, and he poked his head in. "What?"

"Could you stay here?"

Jongin gave a small smile and got on the bed as well. "Of course. Are you okay?"

"I'm not okay," I said, thinking of all that happened. "But I'm glad you're here now."

He sighed. "I'm so sorry for all that happened, even though being sorry doesn't help. I'm just glad I got you back."

Together, we fell asleep.

 

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating orz I'm a horrible author, forgive me