Movies

Breakfast

A/N: So during this I’m gonna be using a lot of Leonardo DiCaprio movies… if u don’t know what they are it’s fine :’D I’ll kinda explain them in the author’s note at the bottom.

 

Waiting for the bus and riding it had taken Minseok about 2 hours; one and a half hours waiting for it, and thirty minutes riding it. By the time he had gotten home, it was almost midnight. Of course it would have been much quicker just hitching a ride with Jongdae, but the orange haired boy played it safe and took the bus. Not only that, but Minseok didn’t want to be around the boy any longer. Jongdae made him too emotionally unorganized and Minseok needed to keep himself in check at all times.

The clock had just struck 11:45 A.M. and the orange haired boy had only woken up a few minutes ago.

“I can’t believe it’s almost noon,” Minseok murmured to himself, falling off his bed and crawling to the bathroom to take a piss. “ing Jongdae kept me up all night and that stupid bus…” Minseok yawned loudly, still half asleep, and did his business in the toilet when suddenly the doorbell rang, scaring the living hell out of him.

“!” Minseok yelled as he made a mess all over the toilet. He then awkwardly cleaned everything up, washed his hands, and scurried to the door to see who the was that came to his house uninvited and way too early in the morning. It was probably some solicitor.

Minseok carefully unlocked his door and opened it to find someone worse than a solicitor.

“Hey Minseok!” Jongdae cheerfully greeted the boy. “How’s the cut?”

The orange haired boy’s face dropped. “Why the are you here.”

“How rude,” Jongdae pouted. “And here I came with the intentions of nursing you back to health.” The raven haired boy pushed his way into Minseok’s apartment carrying multiple grocery bags with him.

“It’s just a cut—And why are you coming in?” Minseok asked, waving around hysterically as Jongdae settled himself down. “What’s in those bags? How do you know where I live? What—”

“Woah woah, slow down,” Jongdae smiled and proceeded to get comfortable on the other’s couch. “As I said, I’m going to nurse you back to health. In those bags are food, movies, etc. and I know where you live because I picked you up to go to the roller skating rink, remember?”

Minseok was fuming by the end of Jongdae’s statement. He was on the brink of just punching the boy straight in the face and dragging his carcass out of his house and into the middle of the road where he could get run over by multiple cars over and over again.

“Hm,” Jongdae suddenly hummed to himself, staring at Minseok and snapping the boy out of his demonic fantasies. “I must say, you’re pajamas are quite adorable though,” The boy smirked.

Minseok’s eyes flew wide open and he stared down at himself. He was wearing an old logoed t-shirt with the sleeves cut off and a pair of vibrantly polka-dotted boxers his mother bought for him on his 20th birthday. The boy’s face paled distinctly and Jongdae’s smile widened.

“I, uh,” Minseok stammered, quickly covering his privates with his hands. “I’ll be right back.” He then scurried off to his bedroom leaving Jongdae snorting in laughter.

When the orange haired boy returned with proper clothing on, Jongdae had already made himself comfortable, lounging on his couch and eating out of a bag of Doritos.

“Get your nasty feet off my coffee table,” Minseok ordered.

Jongdae complied and dusted his cheese-covered fingers off on his pants. He then reached into one of the various shopping bags he had brought along with him and rummaged around for a bit before pulling out a box of Railakkuma themed band-aids and a bottle of antibacterial spray. Minseok raised an eyebrow.

“Come here,” Jongdae beckoned at the other. When he didn’t move, the boy rolled his eyes and tugged him onto the couch. “I need to nurse you back to health.”

“I told you, I’m fine, it’s just a cut,” Minseok insisted, avoiding Jongdae’s attempts to hold his head still.

“Stop moving,” Jongdae grunted.

“Stop touching me!”

“Minseok you’ve been wearing the same band-aid since yesterday. That isn’t helping it heal at all!”

Minseok whined, partially giving in. He sat still but continued to bat away Jongdae’s hands when he tried to make contact.

“I can do it myself,” The orange haired boy insisted, grabbing the bottle and box of band-aids.

“But you might spray yourself in the eye,” Jongdae said, taking the items back.

Minseok frowned, but Jongdae was right. He felt like the boy had purposely bought the spray instead of the lotion just to piss him off. “Fine,” He groaned, slowly pulling off his old band-aid and hissing at the sting.

Jongdae uncapped the antibacterial spray and aimed it at Minseok’s cut. “Close your eyes,” He instructed, laying a hand on the other’s shoulder and steadying him.

Minseok huffed and shut his eyes obediently.

The raven haired boy nearly had a heart attack over how adorable the other looked with his eyes closed and pouting. Right then would have been a prime time to steal a kiss from the boy, but Jongdae didn’t want to get kicked out of his apartment. So instead, he sighed inwardly and pressed his urges back into his aching heart before finally spraying at Minseok’s cut.

“Owww,” The boy whispered through clenched teeth, squeezing his eyes in discomfort. “It burns.”

“That means it’s working,” Jongdae said, unwrapping a pink band-aid with Railakkuma on it. “Hold still,” He commanded as Minseok tried to lean back, squinting open one eye and trying to watch what the other was trying to do.

Jongdae leaned over to Minseok and pressed the band-aid up to his cut, brushing his knuckles against the boy’s nose. Minseok’s cheeks noticeably tinted a rosy shade of pink and he drew in a shaky breath from the closeness of their proximity. Jongdae smirked to himself. This boy was acting too adorable to resist messing around with him.

Jongdae easily took advantage of the whole scenario by carefully positioning the band-aid and smoothening it down slowly, just so he could stay close to Minseok longer. When he was done, Jongdae stayed still for a few moments afterwards, taking in how wonderful it felt to be this close to Minseok and silently committing it to memory.

“There you go,” The raven haired boy finally said, leaning back. “All better!”

“Right,” Minseok breathed, stiffly straightening his back and cautiously scooting away.

Jongdae smiled like everything that had just happened was perfectly normal before he began to dig around in another bag, pulling out a large stack of DVDs.

“What are those?” Minseok asked, blinking curiously.

“Movies,” Jongdae stated playfully.

“Well I know that,” The other retorted, taking the first DVD from off the stack. It was titled Inception.

“You said you liked Leonardo DiCaprio, right?” Jongdae said, spreading the DVDs out on Minseok’s coffee table. “So I rented out his entire filmography for us to watch today!”

Minseok’s face suddenly brightened more than Jongdae had ever seen in the past few weeks they’ve known each other. “Really? This is awesome!” Minseok exclaimed. He then slid off the chair and sat right in front of the coffee table, picking through all the DVDs.

Jongdae silently thanked that stupid weeaboo, Sehun, for suggesting this whole idea as Minseok happily sorted out which movie he wanted to watch first.

“We definitely need to watch Inception,” Minseok said to himself, sliding the disk into his DVD player. He then bolted over to the couch and curled up comfortably a few inches away from Jongdae.

“Can I make popcorn?” The raven haired boy asked, grabbing a packet from one of his bags.

“Yeah, go ahead,” Minseok said, eyes never leaving the television screen. “It’s over in the kitchen somewhere.”

“How helpful.”

“I try.”

Jongdae walked over to wherever the kitchen was and located the microwave after a few moments of searching. He started making the popcorn when Minseok suddenly shouted from the living room, “Hey, there aren’t any Korean subtitles on this movie.”

“Does it matter?” Jongdae shouted back, watching the popcorn cook.

“I guess not.”

When the boy had finally settled back onto the couch, Minseok started the movie and they began to watch intently.

About an hour into the movie, however, Jongdae had gotten bored and diverted his attention to the popcorn. He had sprawled himself out on Minseok’s couch in a way that made it easy for him to balance the popcorn bowl on his chest and eat out of it. He then turned his gaze to Minseok who, as expected, hadn’t taken his eyes off the television since the movie began.

“Do you know what’s going on?” Jongdae asked, staring blankly at the TV.

“Well, kind of,” Minseok said, “I’ve seen this movie a few times.”

“What’s happening?”

“I think at this part they’re trying to create a dream thing for that one guy’s kid as some emotional trigger or something.”

“Mmm, specific,” Jongdae said, sarcastically intrigued. He smiled. “Do tell me more.”

Minseok grinned softly, still staring at the TV. “Shut up,” He said jokingly.

Jongdae pulled himself up a little and sighed, saying, “I bet you’re just as lost as I am.”

“Nuh-uh,” Minseok replied. “I’ve actually been paying attention the entire time while you haven’t.”

The raven haired boy gasped overdramatically. “How dare you accuse me of such a thing?”

“It’s true though, don’t lie.”

“… Yeah it is,” Jongdae laughed.

The pair watched the television screen for a few more minutes before Jongdae decided to speak up again.

“I bet I could translate what they’re saying,” He said, tossing another handful of popcorn into his mouth.

“What are they saying?” Minseok asked sarcastically.

“The black haired guy is obviously very angry,” Jongdae started while Minseok pretended to be impressed. “And I think he’s asking for a hug.”

The pair watched as the so-called ‘black haired guy’ drew a gun from his pocket and started shooting violently at the bad guy.

“Well,” Minseok laughed airily. “You got the first part right.”

Jongdae stared in horror as the man began to twitch on the floor as gore oozed from his chest.

“What’s happening now?” Minseok asked, the corners of his lips twitching into a grin.

“That guy’s probably dead.”

“Oh really? I didn't know.”

“Yeah,” Jongdae nodded. “And now they’re talking about throwing a celebratory feast in honor of the man’s death, using his blood as sacrifice to the dream world god.”

“The girl looks very happy about that,” Minseok played along, chuckling.

“She is,” Jongdae confirmed. “But not for long.”

“Why?”

“Because, you see, she’s in the middle of this love triangle between the black haired guy and the blonde old one. But the blonde one killed her father.”

“Ah,” Minseok responded, “I see, I see.”

For the rest of the movie, Jongdae translated everything and came up with an entirely different meaning to the end with the spinning totem. Minseok was actually highly impressed by how structured and detailed Jongdae had been with the whole story he thought up. It was all very entertaining.

As the pair continued to watch movies, they grew more and more restless.

During the Wolf on Wall Street, they had sat around awkwardly over how explicit the and the drug use was until Jongdae picked a popcorn fight with Minseok. That soon, however, lead to a full on war, both of them setting up forts with pillows, blankets, and other useable furniture in Minseok’s living room.

After that movie, the pair watched the Aviator. Jongdae tried to joke around during this film but both of them ended up crying at the end, even though they couldn’t understand what was going on.

They then watched Shutter Island and carefully reenacted some of the scenes and adding in their own dialogue. Not so surprisingly, Minseok cut himself again on the side of his coffee table, earning him another pink Railakkuma band-aid on his elbow. It was like the boy purposely tried to get himself injured every time the two hung out. Ridiculous.

By the time the pair was about to start their 5th movie, it was already 8:30 P.M. and they were both getting tired.

They had cleaned up Minseok’s living room for the most part and were ready to take on one of the orange haired boy’s favorite movies, the Titanic.

Minseok sat down, hugging a pillow to his chest, and watched intently as the story unfolded on the television screen before them. Jongdae too, out of respect, watched the movie quietly with Minseok, trying to follow along with what was happening.

Halfway through the movie, Jongdae, as predicted, got completely lost and didn’t know what was going on anymore.

“Minseok,” Jongdae whispered urgently. “What’s happening?”

After a few moments without a reply, the raven haired boy whispered again, turning to the other.

“Minseok?” He asked. The boy, however, had peacefully fallen asleep into the pillow he was holding and a knot tightened in Jongdae’s chest.

The boy looked absolutely adorable. His cheek had scrunched up against his nose and his hair was all fluffily messy due to their previous movie events. He looked so calm and delicate, snoozing away like there was no tomorrow. It made Jongdae’s heart melt. To add to the lovely feeling the raven haired boy was experiencing, he thought about how the napping boy was actually comfortable falling asleep with Jongdae in the same room. Either that or Minseok was dead tired but, being the hopeful person he was, Jongdae settled with the latter.

“Minseok,” Jongdae whispered again, mostly to himself. He then scooted closer to the boy and nudged him softly, testing to see how far into sleep the boy was.

The said boy stirred a little, furrowing his eyebrows softly, before fully dozing off again. Jongdae let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding in.

Carefully, the raven haired boy pulled Minseok over to him and positioned the boy softly onto a pillow he put on his lap. Thankfully, the other didn’t wake up.

Jongdae breathed gently as if breathing normally would wake up the sleeping angel on top of him. He carefully memorized every curve and bump on the boy’s face and cherished every second he got to be this close to him. Jongdae wanted so badly to reach out and touch him, but he was too afraid it’d wake him. But as the movie progressed, however, Jongdae grew more and more restless. The whole couple that seemed to be happening in the movie had made Jongdae want to kiss Minseok again. The knot in his chest tightened significantly when he looked down at the boy peacefully sleeping away in his lap and he decided ‘ it’ after weighing out the pros and cons. He had been waiting far too long for this anyways.

Jongdae bent over and slowly inched towards Minseok. Their noses were soon practically touching and the raven haired boy could count every single follicle of Minseok’s beautiful eyelashes. Jongdae felt the other’s soft breaths against this lips, making the hairs on his neck prickle up ever-so-delicately, and his cheeks flushed pink. The boy paused, maybe second-thinking his actions, when suddenly a huge crash came from the television, startling Minseok who quickly shot up, slamming his forehead against Jongdae’s. The two boys hissed together in pain, clutching onto their heads and the Titanic was apparently sinking. Joy.

“Sorry I must have fell asleep,” Minseok murmured to himself and turned to the other.

“No, it’s perfectly fine,” Jongdae said rather sadly.

Minseok groggily looked around and tried to figure out what had happened when it suddenly hit the boy, no pun intended. He glanced over at the pillow in Jongdae’s lap and then added in the fact that he was lying down and slowly put all the pieces together leading up to the part where Jongdae was leaning way too close to him like he was about to kiss—

The orange haired boy shot up and instantly turned thirty different shades of red. “I, uh, you—” Minseok stammered, backing up a little when Jongdae stood up as well. “You should—Why—It’s getting kind of late maybe you should go.” Minseok said rather choppily. His face was still entirely red.

“Right,” Jongdae said, actually rather embarrassed himself. He stood up and walked towards the door. “See you later?”

“Right.” Minseok awkwardly agreed.

“Bye,” Jongdae called softly as he walked himself out.

“Yeah…”

 

 

A/N: WELL THAT WAS A LONG CHAPTER. I kinda feel bad I think Xiumin is a little out of character with the whole movie thing since idk if he likes movies or not so??//? whoops but hEY ITS JUST AN AU SO I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT YAY.

BUT ANYWAYS!!! wow u guys lets thank my good buddy aff user matchboxes for this idEA!! WHOOP! <3 thanks *u* /everyone applauds

oh man u guys this fic is 10,000+ words nOW HAHA jfc idk where im going with this but I kinda have an idea for the next chapter?? :’D yeah so on that poll a lot of people wanted both hunhan and baekyeol so next chapter im gonna introduce chanyeol B-))) ANTICIPATE!

promos my blog B-)

Movies: Inception – Basically about the dream world thing. Like the whole conflict is how they try to create a dream within a dream and all this other crazy
Wolf on Wall Street – Its about this workaholic, and drug addict guy that has this crazy life and its just really explicit :’D
Aviator – I’ve never really watched this one but I hear it’s one of Leo’s best films and its really sAD HAHA
Shutter Island – I’ve never watched this one either but it’s kinda horrorish? I think. Yeah.
Titanic – Like one of Leo's most iconic flims :'D Its this love story about these two star crossed lovers that go through the entire Titanic sinking and stuff

(yeah I basically bs’d this movie thing and pulled just random out of my just like how I finish all my homework assignments lmao)