Games Pt.1

Breakfast

Jongdae and Minseok rushed to the center of the mall and got in line with their tickets in order to get into the competition. They would be competing against 4 other couples, including Jongin and Kyungsoo. They were going to be a tough opponent. The pair seemed to be comfortable together and clicked very well which was the exact opposite situation from Minseok and Jongdae. Winning this competition was going to take real affection from both parties, and the orange haired boy still wasn’t able to supply that, even after that drastic event at Victoria’s Secret, which Minseok was still trying to recover from. His head was buzzing from aftershock and Jongdae seemed to be more than fine.

“Jongin, you’re going down,” the raven haired boy whispered.

“ my .”

“You’d like that.”

“So would you.”

“Maybe.”

“Eat shi—wait what?”

“Nothing.”

A smile played across Jongdae’s thin lips and Jongin raised an eyebrow. Before Jongin could retort with something witty, an announcer began to speak, laying out all the rules.

“Hello and welcome everybody! Thank you for taking part in our sixth annual couples competition for charity!” The lady said. “In this final group, each pair will be competing in three different games in order to win a trophy at the end! Here is how placing will go: In our first event, the couple coming in last will be disqualified. Same thing goes for the second event. Then in our third event, with the final three pairs left, first, second, and third place winning couples will be decided.”

“Sounds fair enough,” Jongdae whispered to Minseok, wrapping his fingers in the other’s hand. “We have to make it to the final round, okay?”

Minseok was surprised he didn’t instinctively yank away from Jongdae and nodded in agreement. The Victoria’s Secret scenario was probably the most stupid but effective thing in the entire world. It was absolutely appalling. He had underestimated Jongdae.

“Alright boys and girls, time for our first game!” The announcer declared. “This is going to be a contest of strength!”

That wasn’t too bad. Minseok thought he was actually pretty strong. He was pretty sure that they were going to get passed the first competition fine until the lady announcing elaborated.

“In order to win, each pair will choose one person to do sit-ups, while the other holds them in place. Each time the boy or girl does a sit up, they must kiss the person holding them down! Whichever pair can’t keep up with the beat of the buzzer is disqualified! May the odds be ever in your favor!”

“That was a Hunger Games reference,” Kyungsoo said from behind Jongin as the other couples started to get into position.

“Nerd,” Jongdae replied flatly.

“That series was a masterpiece, illiterate scum,” Kyungsoo retorted.

“Stop making fun of my boyfriend,” Jongin said protectively. The pair then got into position as well, Jongin obviously taking the sit-up role because he was far taller and bulkier than Kyungsoo. Jongdae rolled his eyes playfully.

Minseok and Jongdae were equally sized so choosing roles were a little harder. Even though this was the case, Minseok wanted to take the sit-up position because he definitely didn’t want the other to be in control of all the kissing. Minseok’s cheeks tinted pink and he gulped audibly. If Minseok were to do the sit-ups, he’d get to choose where to kiss Jongdae. Although it wasn’t an appealing thing to imagine, being forced to kiss the other, it’d at least be a little safer for him that way.

“I call doing the sit-ups,” Minseok said, getting down.

“No way! I’m forty times stronger than you,” Jongdae replied, smirking.

Minseok rolled his eyes. “Please, Jongdae, your scrawny weighs like two pounds...”

Before he could explain how bony Jongdae was, the boy whipped off his jacket in a very stylish matter and rolled up his sleeve and flexed. Everyone in the mall probably stopped breathing at that moment because damn was Jongdae built. Minseok’s snapped his mouth closed before the flexing man could notice and he turned incredibly red in the cheeks.

The raven haired boy unfortunately noticed and smiled to himself. “But wait! There’s more!” He cheerfully advertised. Jongdae then rolled down his sleeves and placed his hands at the hem of his shirt, ready to lift it up for the other.

“DON’T!” Minseok yelped loudly, stopping him from flashing his abs. The orange haired boy burned three shades darker just from the thought. “Just… fine. You can do it,” He groaned in defeat. Minseok looked down at his knees and felt like dying. First off, that was very unacceptable of Jongdae to do, and second, he wasn’t about to give his kissing ity up in some stupid contest. Let alone lose it to that . Ugh.

Jongdae happily got into sit up position and Minseok pressed down on his feet, placing his chin on the curve between both the other’s knees like all the other pairs did. The orange haired boy was going to have a mental break down and looked everywhere except for the boy in front of him. Jongin and Kyungsoo seemed to be fine and determined to win as well as the other three pairs in the event. Their competition looked pretty tough. Two of the couples consisted of toned boys and petite girls while the last one seemed average, like a couple you’d see walking down the street. Minseok bet that pair would be disqualified first unless he couldn't pull himself together.

“You seem flustered,” Jongdae piped up cheekily. He was casually lying down with his arms crossed behind his head.

“I’m not,” Minseok quickly denied, adjusting his position a little.

Jongdae suddenly sat up and came face to face with his partner, only centimeters apart. The orange haired boy’s eyes widened and he inhaled sharply. “What are you doing?” Minseok asked, trying to sound stern. However, the statement instead came out as if there were no oxygen in left the boy's lungs. Minseok's heart began to beat in his throat and ring through his ears as Jongdae’s eyes snapped to his lips and then back to his eyes. He felt like he was about to go into cardiac arrest and pursed his mouth shut, squinting his eyes close. He felt immobile, as if something was keeping him from drawing back or straight up punching the other right in the neck. Minseok could feel the other’s soft breath against his nose and he grit his teeth, praying that this was all just a joke and Jongdae would NOT kiss him when the boy whispered, “Yes, you are flustered.”

Minseok’s eyes shot wide open and instantly met with the cat-like curves of Jongdae’s grin. The boy grew furious but the hard thumping of his heartbeat knocked that feeling down and left him embarrassed and confused. He hated it. He hated how Jongdae could make him feel so vulnerable. Before Minseok could think of something degrading to say to the other, a buzz sounded from a large pair of speakers.

“Ready?” The announcer yelled into her microphone. All the couples got into position once again and the lady shouted, “START!”

Minseok shut his eyes tight and braced himself for a pair very much unwanted lips to meet his own. He breathed in deeply though his nostrils when the buzzer screeched and the crowd began to cheer loudly. He could feel Jongdae sitting up when he had to push down harder on his feet in order to keep him steady and he waited for it. Minseok’s mind was racing in panic but came to a halt when he felt someone peck his forehead instead. The boy blinked his eyes open and saw Jongdae quirk an eyebrow at him, smiling.

Thank god, Minseok thought to himself as the process repeated itself. The boy continued to kiss at his forehead and Minseok relaxed. Each time Jongdae sat up, Minseok’s heart fluttered at how gentlemanly the other was being. He felt like a little girl with a dumb admiration for the other, but he couldn’t help it. He was happily surprised Jongdae didn’t actually kiss him on the lips. It was reassuring and maybe he wasn't that terrible of a person. Minseok, however, didn't think too much about it and closed his eyes, allowing the other do his work.

Eventually, pace grew quicker and Jongdae slid his short kisses down to Minseok’s nose since it was quicker to reach. The boy had lost count after one hundred sit-ups and he was beginning to hear Jongdae breathe harder. Minseok popped open one eye and looked over to the other contestants who where just as out of breath and rosy cheeked as Jongdae.

“Keep up the good work, babe,” Minseok heard Kyungsoo say to Jongin as he reclined back down. The buzzer then beeped again and Jongin sprung back up and locked lips with his partner in a breath taking, slobbery kiss that made Minseok’s stomach flip. Ew.

Jongdae pecked Minseok on the nose, snapping the boy back to the current situation at hand. The other seemed like he was going to give out soon and Minseok bit his lip in worry. He didn’t want to lose yet.

“Don’t give up, Jonginnie,” Kyungsoo cooed from their right. Kyungsoo was such a supportive boyfriend and Jongin seemed to gain energy from every little kiss and word the other provided him with. It then hit Minseok that he hadn’t said a word since the competition began and he felt his heart drop in guilt. Jongdae was pulling all the weight in the competition so far and Minseok didn’t even notice.

The boy began to rack his brain for something to say that wasn’t embarrassing or dumb. He could try something like ‘you go, Jongdae!’  but that was too cheesy. He then considered something along the lines of ‘you’re doing better than I thought you would!’  but that didn’t feel powerful enough.

Just when Jongdae began to sit up, Minseok felt a lurch in his chest and he knew what he had to do. Without another thought to pull him back, he met Jongdae halfway into his sit-up and hastily pecked him on the cheek. “You got this, Jongdae!” He blurted out, face on fire and trembling in embarrassment. He couldn't believe what he had just done and suddenly felt very shy about it. He had probably said the last statement a little too loudly as well because all eyes seemed to be on them.

Jongdae was speechless, fifty percent because he was very much out of breath and fifty percent because Minseok had actually initiated some form of affection.

“Stop staring at me like that!” Minseok cried. “Don’t you want to win this stupid ing trophy?!” The boy felt like he was on the brink of tears. He couldn’t believe how worked up he was over such a dumb thing.

“Y-Yeah?” Jongdae panted and scanned Minseok over. He felt like melting over how adorable the other was acting.

“Then… keep doing good,” Minseok said rather lamely.

Jongdae burst into a grin and nodded, energy fully replenished.

The sit-up competition lasted a few minutes longer before a couple gave out. It was a rather unexpected couple to lose since the boy doing the sit-ups seemed to be decently fit, but who knows what was going on over there.

“We did it!” Minseok said to Jongdae who collapsed and rolled over onto his stomach.

“Woooo…” The other replied without much excitement. He was a dead man at heart.

“Come on, Jongin’s in better shape than you,” Minseok bluntly stated. “He’s already standing up.” The orange haired boy thought that would pump some energy into Jongdae’s fighting spirit, but he was wrong.

“That’s ing fantastic for him,” He grunted into the floor. “I hope he dies in the most brutal way possible.”

Minseok rolled his eyes.

“My abdomen is on fire.”

“So?”

“Kiss it for me?”

“No.”

“Why not? But you kissed—”

Minseok punched Jongdae in the back. “NEVER speak of that again.”

“Ow,” Jongdae groaned.

 

 

 

A/N: I AM SUFFERING WRITER’S BLOCK SO HARD… for this entire chapter I had to look up “cute couple party games” and this was one of the cutest ideas I found so bLEH. Now I have to think of something else… but I thought I’d just give u guys this chapter since u all waited very long for it… im sorry its so awkward like idk how to write anymore im just... d e a d this is literally just 98% blabber and 2% stupid
lmao tho there was too much jong in this chapter nothing sounded right. (JONGin and JONGdae hah)

anyways heres jongdae's biceps

yeah im crying too.
no one can resist the chenmuscles... not even xiumin