Party Pt. 1

Breakfast

A/N: everyone in this fic is above or at the legal drinking age of 21

 

It was the day of Jongdae’s party and Minseok was walking to the said boy’s address he had received via text message some time ago. It was pretty chilly that evening and Minseok wore a coat that kept his hands warm and those embarrassing Rilakkuma charms hidden from sight. He couldn’t believe he actually thought of bringing them to the party. Minseok then decided not to give the couple charms to Jongdae and hold onto them until he could return it. They were so childish, he didn’t know why he thought it would be a good idea to buy them. Besides, if he did give them to Jongdae he might get the wrong idea and Minseok definitely didn’t want that.

After a few more minutes of walking, the orange haired boy finally arrived at Jongdae’s address. It was a simple single story house that wasn’t too fancy, considering the boy was a college student, but it still felt pretty welcoming. The dying flowers on the front porch added some sort of hominess to the whole place. Minseok carefully walked up to the front door and rung the bell hesitantly.

The door flung open a few moments afterwards, revealing the birthday boy who burst into a grin upon seeing who it was. “Minseok!” He exclaimed, letting him in.

“Hi,” The other replied, stepping into the house. “Nice place.”

Jongdae shrugged. “It’s not much. My parents are paying for it until I graduate. It’s a cheap, old thing really I don't take care of it like I should.”

“Oh,” The orange haired boy said, not able to think of anything better to add. They stood like that for a few seconds until an outrageous thump at the door sounded to break the silence.

“JONGDAE! Open the ing door!”

Jongdae rolled his eyes and swung it back open. There stood Chanyeol with Baekhyun on his back, both holding two cases of beer each.

“Sorry for the delay, princess. Chanyeol isn’t the fastest walker,” Baekhyun said, hopping off the giant’s back and shoving a case of beer into Jongdae’s hands. “Happy Birthday.” He stated blankly. The boy began to walk into Jongdae’s living room and Chanyeol followed happily.

Everyone already seemed to be at the party since Minseok recognized all the people he met at the mall, not including Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The three girls were huddled together, giggling over something on one of their cell phones while the other guys were messing around with Jongdae’s television.

“Hey Jongdae, do you still have that karaoke machine?” Joonmyun asked as Yixing flipped through random channels on the T.V.

“Yeah it’s wear I keep the Play Station,” Jongdae replied, pointing to a random cabinet. Joonmyun began to fish it out and quickly hooked it up to the television.

“Oh! Let’s play that one team game we did for Zitao’s party a few months ago!” Baekhyun yelled, jumping off of Chanyeol’s lap. “Jongdae you can be captain since it’s your birthday and I’ll be captain because I’m hot. Chanyeol’s on my team!”

“Fine then I get Minseok!” Jongdae yelled.

“Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun sung.

“Zitao!” Jongdae called.

“Yixing!” The other spat.

“Joonmyun!” Jongdae concluded.

“Since there’s an odd number, I’ll choose the songs,” Jongin suggested evilly. Everyone paled. “And our lovely ladies get to judge!” The three girls smiled brightly and waved. They had papers and markers ready to give out points. “The losing team then has to do whatever the winning team decides, fair enough?” Everyone nodded and Jongin grinned. “Let’s begin… choose your first player!”

Everyone huddled up in their respective teams and began to talk amongst themselves.

“I guess I can go first since I’m the captain,” Jongdae whispered.

“But you’re our strongest player, Jongdae,” Joonmyun whispered back. Minseok didn’t even know what was going on but he assumed that he was going to have to sing in front of everyone, which scared him to death. Minseok was absolutely stage fright.

“It’s okay, I have a feeling that they’re going to choose Kyungsoo to sing first,” Jongdae said.

“Is this really that serious of a game?” Minseok suddenly asked.

“You have no idea,” Zitao whispered harshly. “Last time I was on the losing team and Baekhyun made us all run around the neighborhood with nothing on but our underwear.”

Minseok gulped audibly and Zitao nodded sadly, recalling the bizarre event.

“Send up your first player!” Jongin announced loudly into the microphone. Jongdae and, as assumed, Kyungsoo stepped forward. “I put the karaoke machine on battle mode,” Jongin began to explain. “One person will get one verse while the other gets another. Our lovely judges over to my right will then rate you on a scale of one to five, five being good and one being go home. Any questions?” The two boys shook their heads and Jongin picked a song. “You may begin.”

“YOU GOT THIS KYUNGSOO!” Baekhyun yelled supportively from the couch.

“Shut the up, Byun, before I tear out your eyes and use them as ice for my beer,” Kyungsoo shot back. Baekhyun immediately quieted.

Suddenly, the intro to Mirotic by DBSK blasted from the television and everyone began to get hyped. Minseok smiled widely with the rest of the people dancing on the couches but frowned deeply when he saw Baekhyun jumping all over Chanyeol’s lap. The poor boy looked like he were about to have a heart attack so Minseok decided that it would be right for say something until the most beautiful voice began to sing the first few lines of the song. It was Jongdae.

The raven haired boy had a crisp and lovely voice that seemed to hit each word so perfectly it was as if he were reading straight out of the bible. Religious. Kyungsoo soon began to sing as well and Minseok figured out why these two had to go up against each other. Kyungsoo’s voice was perfectly up to par with Jongdae’s. His voice was soft and fluid like liquid chocolate and vanilla swirling together, melting nicely into the ears.

Minseok happily listened as everyone else seemed to be having a rave, hip ing all over the place and grinding on the floors. Crazy college students…

Jongdae and Kyungsoo seemed to be having a dance off of their own whenever it was their turn to sing. The raven haired boy sensually ran his hands down his chest and threw his head back when he sang the high note at the of the song. Everyone cheered loudly and Minseok blushed deeply, looking elsewhere.

The song went on and finally came to an end, resulting in everyone going insane.

“What an opening to the game!” Jongin announced into his microphone. “Let’s see what our judges think.” Kyungsoo winked at his boyfriend and Jongin smirked.

The three girls talked amongst themselves and scribbled their answers onto their papers.

“Let’s see, 5+5+5=15 for Jongdae and 5+5+4=14 for Kyungsoo,” Jongin announced. “UGH, Minhee why?”

The said girl giggled and shrugged. Jongin frowned and hugged his boyfriend protectively. Minseok, however, thought it was a pretty good score. Jongdae and Kyungsoo were both wonderful singers but the song Mirotic suited Jongdae’s vocals much better. Kyungsoo would have been better off with a more mellow song.

“Whatever,” Jongin pouted. “Anyways, choose your next players.” He sighed.

Jongdae returned to the group huddle and everyone gave him a pat on the back.

“We’re in the lead, captain!” Joonmyun cheered.

“Only by one point,” Jongdae said. “But it’s okay, we still have a chance at winning. Minseok did you want to go up next?” He smiled.

Minseok shook his head frantically. “I-I don’t…”

“What’s wrong?” Joonmyun asked worriedly.

“I-I’m…”

“Send up your next players,” Jongin announced, cutting Minseok off.

“It's okay, I'll just go,” Zitao said, walking up. The other team appeared to have chosen Chanyeol to up as well.

“Are you two ready?” Jongin announced. The two boys nodded confidently and he the song, “Begin!”

Minseok didn’t have time to explain about his stage fright when High High by GD&TOP began to blast from the television and everyone went wild once again.

Zitao instantly began to start rapping G-Dragon’s parts and Minseok was taken away by how talented everyone was. The young boy’s voice seemed to bounce off every word he rapped and every syllable flowed together melodiously. His annunciation was pretty good and there was a cute, childish tone that lightly showed at the end of each verse he sang.

Chanyeol took off rapping during TOP’s parts and everyone was surprised over how good he was, considering it was his first time at one of their parties. His voice was very strong and deep, hitting each word powerfully at a consistent tone. It was earth shattering.

Everyone was jamming out, jumping up and down and waving their hands around like they were at a concert. Baekhyun was swooning over Chanyeol with a beer in his hand and all the couples were dancing. Minseok was happily chilling on the couch when Jongdae yanked him up and smiled widely.

“Dance with me,” Jongdae yelled over the music.

Minseok’s face reddened but he didn’t have a choice because Jongdae instantly began to spin around with the very much startled boy and jump around to the beat. Minseok eventually gave in, however, submitting to the party vibe everyone was in, and began to laugh along. He hadn’t had this much fun since Christmas time when he was three.

Everyone had a blast and when the song ended, the partygoers collapsed onto the couch and chatted excitedly amongst themselves as the girls cheerfully tallied up the points.

“What a party,” Jongin announced. “4+3+3=10 for Zitao and 4+5+4=13 for Chanyeol!”

The opposing team cheered as everyone got into their huddle.

“Sorry guys,” Zitao said sadly.

“It’s okay, you did wonderful,” Joonmyun smiled brightly, patting the tall boy on the back.

“Who’s up next?” Jongdae said, looking from Joonmyun to Minseok.

“Do you want to go?” Joonmyun asked politely.

Minseok rapidly shook his head and stuttered, “I-I’m stage fright…” He finally got to say. Minseok then blushed and looked down at his feet. He felt like such a party pooper and regretted having said anything when he felt a hand pat his shoulder.

“It’s okay,” Joonmyun smiled. “We can go together.”

“Yeah, I’ll tell the other team,” Jongdae added, walking over to the other side of the living room.

The orange haired boy’s heart warmed. All the guys here were like the friends that Minseok never had growing up and he wanted to be around them more. He felt welcomed in this group of people and he wanted to be apart of them forever. He smiled softly to himself and Jongdae came back, announcing that they agreed to do a pairs showdown.

“It’ll be the perfect finale,” Zitao said.

“Send up your next players,” Jongin spoke into the microphone. Minseok and Joonmyun walked over while Baekhyun and Yixing did as well. “Since we have made an exception by letting two people perform from each team, there will be a consequence.” He smiled evilly and everyone braced themselves for what was to come. “You will be singing… Loving U by Sistar.”

The intro to the song then shook from the TV and everyone scrambled to get into their positions. Minseok felt a little better that Joonmyun was standing next to him but froze when he heard how good Baekhyun and Yixing were.

Baekhyun’s voice was clear and warming to the ears and Yixing’s had a mellow, soft tone to it as well.

Joonmyun began to sing afterwards and he also seemed to have a wonderful voice as well. He suddenly felt very shy. Minseok didn't think he was an awful singer, he just didn’t feel that he was up to par with everyone else at the party.

When it was his turn to sing, Joonmyun thankfully sang along with him and shot him a reassuring smile. Minseok began to warm up to the atmosphere as the song went along and soon enough, he didn’t feel as stage fright anymore. Everyone here was nice and having a good time, so Minseok did as well.

Baekhyun and Yixing were impressively dancing along to the song by the official choreography while Joonmyun and Minseok did their own thing. Everyone else laughed along over how ridiculous they were, singing a girl group song, and had a good time.

By the end of the song, everyone was crying over how dumb that was and Jongin basked in the participant’s embarrassment.

“Let’s see what our lovely judges think,” Jongin said. “5+3+4=12 for Baekhyun and Yixing then 5+4+4=13 for Minseok and Joonmyun! That leaves 38 points for Jongdae’s team and 39 points for Baekhyun’s team.”

Jongdae’s team cried in despair while the other screamed in victory. Zitao was weeping that it was all his fault and Joonmyun was patting him on the back supportively. Jongdae seemed to be in shock as well but Minseok was pretty happy with himself. He had a good time and was actually enjoying himself a lot.

“Okay, nerds,” Baekhyun said over the other team’s sobs, “Listen up.” They all quieted and awaited their punishment in terror. “Since you guys LOST and FAILED terribly, I will now announce your PUNISHMENT for being ing LOSERS during today’s events. However, since I have a soft spot for FAILURES, your TORTURE will be simple. You can thank me later.”

“Just spit it out,” Zitao said, half crying still and clutching onto Joonmyun.

“He wants you guys to dance the chorus to Female President by Girl’s Day in their clothes,” Kyungsoo stated, pointing to Zitao, Yixing, and Joonmyun’s girlfriends.

Everyone in Jongdae’s team paled and dropped their mouths open. How was that simple?

“A-Are they okay with it?” Joonmyun whimpered. He eyed the three girls, trying to get them to change their minds but they were all for it.

Eventually, Jongdae, Minseok and Joonmyun went to go change into the three girls’ dresses when they were given something else to wear in the host’s house. Zitao was excused because of the shortage of dresses and he was too tall to fit in anyone’s clothing anyways.

After a few moments, Minseok came out half dead wearing Minhee’s yellow, floral sundress. Jongdae shuffled out into the public with Eunri’s crop top and black skirt. Then, finally, Joonmyun bashfully joined them all with An’s pink halter dress.

Everyone burst into an outrageous fit of laughter at the sight of them. Baekhyun was rolling on the ground and Chanyeol was smacking his knee, screaming loudly. Jongin was crying from laughing too hard and Kyungsoo sat there, smiling evilly. Yixing was having a hard time trying to stay calm as he hooked up his iPod to Jongdae’s stereo system, ready to play the chorus of Female President for the poor trio.

Baekhyun whistled and yelled, “Looking nice, ladies!”

“Dear god, Jongdae, buy a razor,” Kyungsoo said, making a face at the boys legs. Jongdae replied with the middle finger.

“I’m so sorry,” Zitao whimpered from the sidelines looking absolutely mortified.

“Let’s just get this over with,” Joonmyun sighed, trying to ignore everyone.

Minseok was actually pretty confident about this, not much the dress though. But if there was any dance that he knew how to do wonderfully, it was this one. He was actually a good dancer, not to boast or anything.

The music began to play and they all dreadfully waited for the chorus. The people on the couches were having the time of their lives and Baekhyun screamed, “You guys have to dance with passion or we’ll force you to do it again!”

“Baekhyun I’m going to kill you,” Jongdae snarled. Baekhyun smiled charmingly and blew him a kiss.

“You guys, I got this,” Minseok whispered. Joonmyun and Jongdae raised an eyebrow in confusion but all questions were answered when the chorus began to play.

Minseok skillfully danced with all his heart and Jongdae and Joonmyun were in shock, trying to keep up. Everyone on the sides were cheering and laughing to their hearts content and when the chorus was over, the boys were all on the floor, dying.

“DAMN MINSEOK,” Baekhyun yelled, “This was supposed to be a punishment but that was impressive!”

Minseok grinned.

“Let’s get out of these dresses,” Joonmyun urged, pushing Jongdae and Minseok away.

Once everyone was back in their original clothing, Chanyeol suggested some drinking game he played with the rest of his fraternity and they all decided to do it.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol decided to get roaring drunk while the three guys with girlfriends stayed a bit sober out of respect. Jongin and Kyungsoo were playing whatever drinking game Minseok had no interest in and he watched happily from the sidelines. Just being at the party made him feel good and that’s all he needed.

“Hey, Minseok,” Jongdae said, holding two bottles of beer. He then gave one to Minseok who took it warily. “Are you having fun?” He asked, positioning himself next to the other.

“Yeah,” Minseok smiled. “Everyone here is really nice.”

“See? I told you,” Jongdae laughed. “You’re always welcome to hang out with us, you know.”

“Really?” Minseok asked excitedly.

The raven haired boy grinned at how cute the other was acting and said, “Of course.”

“Thanks,” The boy mumbled sincerely into his drink.

Trying to keep a conversation going, Jongdae’s cheeks flushed pink and he finally said, “You were really good back there.”

“Huh?”

“You know, dancing,” Jongdae choked out. Fortunately, Minseok didn’t notice.

“Oh, thanks,” Minseok smiled as if dancing to Female President in a dress were nothing. “You have a really nice voice. Are you going to minor in music?”

“Nah,” Jongdae said, “Singing is just a hobby.”

“Ah,” The orange haired boy nodded.

Baekhyun flung himself in the two boy’s direction and gurgled, “How are you two lovebirds?”

Minseok spit up his drink and Jongdae’s eyes widened.

“Baekhyun, you’re really drunk,” The raven haired boy stated, trying to hold up the other.

“Just a bit tipsy is all,” Baekhyun said, downing the last bit of his beer. “Anyways, Minseok stop being so shy and kiss Jongdae already. He’s been waiting for years.”

“Years?”

“He’s drunk, don’t listen to him,” Jongdae said. “CHANYEOL, don’t leave your trash lying around.” He then pushed Baekhyun into Chanyeol’s chest as the wasted boy muttered something along the lines of ‘I’m not trash you Jongdae.’ But no one really cared.

Minseok laughed it off and Jongdae smiled. The orange haired boy was finally beginning to warm up to him and he felt overly accomplished.

After another hour or so of doing dumb party things, the three girls left to go home leaving the nine boys at the party to do whatever they wanted.

“FINALLY,” Zitao yelled, “Hand me another beer.”

“Sure thing, brother,” Jongin called back, tossing the boy a drink.

“You know what we should play?” Baekhyun loudly announced as he was perched high up on Chanyeol’s shoulders. “We should play spin the bottle!”

“Ugh, man you know some of us aren’t gay,” Zitao said, taking a long sip from his beer.

“Please, Zitao, everyone’s a little bit gay,” Baekhyun said.

Yixing shrugged, “True.”

“See? Even Yixing admits that he’d a .”

“Okay, now, I wouldn’t go that far,” Yixing frowned.

“Then spin the bottle it is!”

 

 

 

A/N: I don’t know what this was ;;;; but I hope it was a little enjoyable LMAO well the fun mostly begins during the second part /WIGGLES EYEBROW
((sorry if my math is wrong for the competition part ;;; i recalculated everything so many times just cuz i wanted to see xiuchenho dance to girl's day))
and since im a craze for boys in dresses, here is what they were wearing for the thing haha (i knew those female characters would come in handy lmao) - and if some of u forget here are the bf/gf thing zitao-eunri joonmyun-minhee yixing-an (but that doesnt really matter anymore cuz i dont have plans for them to be in anymore chapters i really just needed them for this hAHA)

lmao xiuchen dancing to female president is my fave (look at xiumins energy... tao wants in too)

anyways this was kinda a useless chapter all it really did was show that minseok wants to have frIENDS so... yeah B-) the action is next chapter (sorry that was boring to read probably ;;;; )