Blueberries

Breakfast

There were many things that could have gone wrong, but nothing could have been more embarrassing than Minseok tripping over his own feet and falling flat on his face. Unfortunately for the poor boy however, that is exactly what happened.

A snort sounded from Jongdae accompanied with the sliding of Minseok’s phone across the tile, shooting straight out of his pocket after his oh-so-graceful fall.

Minseok groaned loudly and looked up to see his phone being picked up by a familiar stranger sliding the unlock button.

“What are you doing?” Minseok asked, getting up and scraping together the last bit of pride he had left.

“You never called me.” Jongdae simply replied, dialing in his own phone number into Minseok’s cell and calling himself.

“But now that won’t be a problem.” He smiled, handing the waiter back his phone.

Minseok warily took back the electronic and entered his contacts to find the person “Jongdae <3” newly added.

The orange haired boy frowned greatly and turned to look at the other, who was smiling that annoying cat smile of his.

Minseok wanted punch the boy straight down the mouth but he ended up picking up a menu and gesturing Jongdae to a booth. “Right this way please.” He forced out through clenched teeth.

When the customer was happily situated, Minseok gave him the menu and ripped opened up his note pad.

“What drink can I start you with?”

“Orange Juice. And I’m ready to order actually.” Jongdae said, setting down his menu to look directly at Minseok, causing the latter to turn slightly pink out of frustration or embarrassment for no reason.

“Can I get one blueberry pancake, a side of bacon, and a date and time you’re free?"

Minseok nodded half-mindedly and wrote the items down in his notepad then froze. “Excuse me?”

Jongdae was still staring at Minseok with great sincerity, making the boy turn one more shade darker of pink.

“Y-Your pancakes will be out in a minute.” Minseok choked out, confusedly angry.

“And?”

“Your bacon?”

Jongdae pouted slightly but the waiter sped away too fast to fully notice.

When he was back in the kitchen, he slammed the door and breathed, “Baekhyun, where’s the sharpest knife.”

“This is a pancake house, Minseok, not a butchery.” He absent-mindedly replied, not looking up from his cellphone. “Anyways, what’s up?”

“I think that Jongdae guy gives me bad anxiety attacks.”

“How?”

“He makes me heat up at the head, ugh, I think I’m going to throw up.” Minseok whispered, clutching his stomach.

“Aww! Does our wittle Minseokkie have a crush?”

The orange haired boy choked on air. “Um, no?” He replied like it was the most questionable obvious thing in the entire world.

“Suuure” Baekhyun droned.

Before Minseok replied, however, Baekhyun a plate full of pancakes and bacon into his hands and was ushered out the door.

Jongdae watched happily as the orange haired waiter stumbled out the kitchen and made his way to the booth. “Minseok!”

“Here’s your food.” Minseok said quickly and tried to make his escape. However, Jongdae was too quick and grabbed him by the wrist.

Minseok froze. “Let go.”

“I think you’re forgetting something”

“What”

“Does Wednesday at noon sound good to you?”

Minseok groaned loudly and yanked his hand from the raven-haired boy’s grasp. “Enjoy your food.” He forced out.

----

When Minseok came back, Jongdae had already finished.

“Was everything okay?” Minseok asked, not actually caring but it was a requirement for him to ask anyways. He began to pick up Jongdae’s plates.

“What about Thursday at noon?”

“Will that be all for you sir?”

“I’m not leaving until you give me a time” Jongdae replied, smiling pleasantly back up at the waiter.

Minseok groaned, leaning on the booth across from Jongdae. “You can’t stay here unless you’re eating.”

“Fine! One more blueberry pancake.”

Minseok groaned louder and headed to the kitchen. When he came back, the cycle of Minseok serving, Jongdae eating, and Minseok picking up the empty dishes repeated itself.

“So what about Friday at 1:00?”

“No.”

The cycle repeated.

“Sunday at 12:00?”

“No.”

Again.

“Monday next week?”

“No.”

And again.

“Okay Tuesday”

“NO.”

And finally,

“Wednesday?”

“JESUS CHRIST JONGDAE HOW DOES A PERSON EVEN EAT THAT MANY PANCAKES?”

“Determination.”

“HOLY .”

Furiously, Minseok drew a pen from his pocket and grabbed the customer’s hand, flipping it over palm-up.

“Tomorrow at noon. Meet me at the small café downtown called Kona Beans. Don’t be late or I’ll just leave.” Minseok said, scribbling the info on the boy’s hand.

He shoved his pen back into his apron and Jongdae grinned widely. “Thank you for the wonderful meals.”

“Yup.” Minseok replied irritably.

Jongdae chuckled softly while digging around in his wallet for the money.

Is he laughing at me? Minseok asked himself. He grit his teeth and crossed his arms. Jongdae you little—

When the customer held out the money, Minseok snatched it up and angrily watched the boy walk out.

“Have a nice day!” Luhan called out.

“Oh, I will.” Jongdae replied. He looked back at Minseok and waved, making the latter hot with anger.

What is with this guy? Minseok whispered furiously in his mind whilst changing Jongdae’s name to “Assdae” in his contacts.

 

 

A/N: idk what im doingng anymore & i'll revise this later :'D hAH
things are beginning to heat up.. maybe

promos my blog B-)