Motorcycle

Breakfast

“So let me get this straight,” Luhan started. “The entire time you were a huge grumpy piss baby, you made your date sad, and then you broke a mug? And now you’re giving the man free breakfast.”

“Okay, for one, he was not my date,” Minseok explained. “But other than that, yeah pretty much.”

Luhan whistled in amazement and continued to wipe down a table. “Wow your love life stinks,” He stated blandly.

“Love life? What love life? I’m not in love with anyone! I haven’t been in love with anyone since I was, like, five years old,” Minseok spat hysterically.

Luhan raised an eyebrow at him and Baekhyun, who had been eaves dropping the entire time, poked his head out from the kitchen and raised an eyebrow at him too.

“What? Stop looking at me like that.”

“You are oblivious to everything.” Luhan said, rolling his eyes. “Even your own emotions.”

Minseok glared at his Chinese friend before everyone went back to work.

As the orange haired waiter was cleaning up the breakfast bar, he thought long and hard about what Luhan had said.

“I am not in love with Jongdae,” Minseok whispered harshly. He was quite flattered over the said boy’s actions and words from their little café lunch thing, but he didn’t particularly enjoy this flattery. It made him feel weak for some awful, unknown reason and Minseok wanted it to stop. Although he was still a little wary about Jongdae, the short waiter knew that he needed to turn it down a notch and maybe open up for the other a bit. Who knew? Maybe Jongdae wasn’t that bad?

That state of mind, however, quickly dissolved when Minseok heard the muffled screech of a motorcycle coming to a stop. The boy flinched as the front door began to open and frantically looked for a place to hide. He eventually just ducked behind the breakfast bar and cussed softly under his breath.

After everything that had happened the other day, Minseok thought he would have gotten used to the raven haired boy, but his mind seemed to just flip a switch and act on natural instinct.

“Hey Minseok!” Luhan yelled from the front of the empty diner, snapping the said boy back into reality, “Your boyfriend is here!”

Minseok choked on air and the blood rushed to his face as he popped up from behind the breakfast bar. “He is not my—my—” The lump in the boy’s throat wouldn’t let him finish his retaliation, which caused Luhan to burst into an obnoxious fit of laughter.

Jongdae began to snicker too, taking off his motorcycle helmet and watching the scene unfold before him.

Minseok fumed and jumped over the breakfast bar, charging at the Chinese waiter. “Luhan, I’m ing tired of your —” Minseok hissed as he yanked Jongdae’s helmet from his grasp and bashed it right into Luhan’s stomach. As the blondie began to topple to the side, Minseok grabbed a menu and smacked the boy straight across the face with it, sending him to fall to his death in the other direction.

Luhan twitched lifelessly on the floor and Minseok tucked the menu under his arm. “Right this way please,” He said pleasantly, ushering the raven haired customer into a booth.

Still a little shaken, but very much amused, Jongdae paused and asked, “Can I sit at the bar instead?”

“Oh… sure I guess,” Minseok agreed hesitantly. Jongdae must have figured out that his station was usually managing the breakfast bar. ‘Oh, joy’ The waiter mentally droned to himself. He’d be seeing a lot more of Jongdae than he wanted to today.

When the customer was seated and handed a menu, Minseok, not knowing what to do, began to clean already clean glasses from the other side of the bar as Jongdae decided what to get.

After a minute, Baekhyun popped his head out from inside the kitchen and looked around. “Where’s Luhan? I need him for a sec.”

“Minseok killed him,” Jongdae stated, eyes not leaving the menu.

“Oh, okay,” Baekhyun replied. “Tell me when Satan decides to send him back from Hell.”

“Will do,” Minseok answered.

After a few moments filled with the sounds of Minseok rewashing everything, Jongdae finally ordered and Luhan came back from the dead.

“Minseok that hurt,” Luhan groaned, casually seating himself next to Jongdae and handing the motorcyclist back his helmet.

“Maybe you need to stop being a ,” Minseok said plainly.

“Takes one to know one.”

“Hey Luhan,” Baekhyun called, breaking up the boys’ argument and handing Jongdae his meal, “Can you come back here for a minute? I need help working the machine thing.”

“ing idiot,” Luhan sighed. “Did you break it again?”

“Maybe? I don’t know yet. You tell me.”

The pair eventually left, Luhan grumbling like an old man and leaving Minseok and Jongdae alone in awkward silence. To busy himself, however, the orange haired waiter picked up a random glass and began to scrub it down.

“How many times are you going to wash everything?” Jongdae asked, softly laughing.

Minseok turned red and carefully set the glass down, clearing his throat out of embarrassment. “I don’t—”

“Sure,” Jongdae smiled, cutting off Minseok’s poor excuse before he could actually think of one.

Jongdae held his head up with his hand as he cheerfully gazed at Minseok like it was the most natural, let alone normal, thing in the world. The orange haired boy stiffened at this and chewed on his bottom lip before deciding to reclean the entire breakfast bar.

Jongdae smirked into his coffee and took a sip. “Minseok, the counter is just as spotless as it was two minutes ago when you last cleaned it,” He stated.

Minseok froze before saying rather irritably, “Well what else am I supposed to do? Watch you eat?”

“You could start up a conversation like a reasonable person,” Jongdae suggested, a smile playing across his thin, catlike lips.

Minseok frowned. “I don’t have anything to say.”

“Well I do.”

The waiter raised a brow and crossed his arms, “What?”

“I was wondering,” Jongdae started carefully, “If you wanted to go roller skating with me this weekend.”

“Roller skating?” Minseok asked, highly perplexed.

“Yeah I know a place,” The raven haired customer explained excitedly. “Some buddies of mine showed it to me a few weeks back and I thought, you know, maybe we could go.”

The waiter thought for a bit, weighing out the pros and the cons, before actually replying to the other. He was still very much apprehensive towards Jongdae for being so strange and direct after all the they’ve been through, but after listing out everything that could possibly go wrong, Minseok thought it would be all right. Besides, the boy was a pretty ty person to Jongdae the other day and maybe he could make it up to him.

“Fine,” Minseok said flatly. Jongdae burst into a wild grin.

“Great!” The customer exclaimed, finishing up the last bit of his breakfast. “I’ll come pick you up at 6:00 P.M. this Saturday!” He then gave his palm to the waiter to write his address down.

Minseok rolled his eyes and drew a pen from his pocket, scribbling down his apartment number on Jongdae’s hand. The motorcyclist thanked the other before pulling his helmet over his head and walked towards the front doors.

“Just because this breakfast is free, doesn’t mean you don’t need to tip me!” Minseok yelled grumpily after Jongdae.

The said boy waved his hand dismissively at the other before yelling back, “I paid for the mug you broke yesterday. I owe you nothing!”

Minseok frowned as Jongdae exited the diner and sped away on his motorcycle.

Luhan and Baekhyun emerged from the kitchen and both smiled knowingly at the waiter.

“Someone’s going on a date,” Baekhyun cooed.

“How romantically homoual,” Luhan added adoringly with much sarcasm.

Minseok growled, shoving a wet towel down Luhan’s throat and throwing Jongdae’s used silverware in Baekhyun’s face.

 

---

 

The weekend eventually rolled around and Minseok sat in his apartment, waiting for the clock to strike six. The boy was ready more than an hour ahead of time for no reason at all, and began to play some dumb racing game on his cellphone.

As Minseok was about to drive across a bridge, the boy received a text that covered up half his screen, causing his car to drive straight into the ocean.

“,” the boy whispered, closing the app with much sorrow.

Assdae: im coming to pick u up now :)

Minseok snickered. He had forgotten he changed Jongdae’s name to that.

Minseok: Ok.

Minseok rolled his lazy off his couch and checked his hair for the nth time that day. He didn’t really know why it mattered so much to him, since he obviously shouldn’t care about Jongdae’s impression on him. Minseok tore away from his mirror and fiddled around with a loose thread on his couch until he heard a knock at his door. Minseok jumped nervously and suddenly went into panic mode as he usually did.

“Hey Minseok,” Jongdae called from outside after a few moments, “I know you’re pretty old, but you could at least try to answer your door quicker.”

At that, the orange haired boy swung open his door and scowled deeply.

“Finally!” Jongdae exclaimed. “You ready?”

“I guess.”

“Good.”

Jongdae led Minseok to his motorcycle and shoved a helmet into the confused boy’s hands.

Minseok had completely forgotten to think about how Jongdae had a motorcycle and not a car. The boy’s face suddenly turned extremely red due to the fact that he’d have to actually touch the other on the motorcycle. Was he ready to get that close to Jongdae? No ing way.

“Stop staring at the helmet and put it on,” Jongdae said, slinging his leg around his bike.

“Why the don’t you own a car?” Minseok asked, mostly to himself. He gulped hard and pushed the helmet over his head.

“You don’t even own a car,” Jongdae retorted and slid on his own helmet.

“Touché.”

“My dad gave this to me as a birthday present,” Jongdae explained, “Since motorcycles tend to be cheaper than cars.”

Minseok nodded understandingly and soon, carefully approached the vehicle. ‘, this is going to be awkward to climb onto. I’m too short,’ Minseok thought to himself, biting his lip out of nervous habit.

“Stop being old and get on,” Jongdae laughed. He tilted the bike to give Minseok better access to the back seat.

Why is the back seat so close to the front seat?’ Minseok cried mentally. He was having a major crisis.

Carefully, the boy hooked his leg over the side of the motorcycle, grasping at the back of Jongdae’s shirt out of second nature when he almost fell over, and steadied himself on the back seat. His legs were just barely dangling off the ground as he gripped onto the sides of the bike.

“You know you’re going to have to hold onto me unless you want to fly off,” Jongdae said. Minseok could feel the other boy smirking through his helmet and he pursed his lips together, annoyed.

Eventually, Minseok lightly wrapped his arms around the other and gulped. “Is this good?”

“No,” Jongdae chuckled. He then yanked Minseok forward, forcing the nervous boy into his back, and securely fastened Minseok’s arms around his torso. “This is good.”

The red siren went off in Minseok’s mind but before he could argue, Jongdae revved up his motorcycle and the vehicle lurched forward.

The orange haired boy yelped loudly and desperately clung onto the other as he made multiple sharp turns out of the streets and onto the freeway.

Minseok felt like he was going to actually die. Either Jongdae was purposely making this trip dangerous or he was a terrible driver. The boy, however, settled for the latter when the motorcyclist made a crazy, life threatening exit off the freeway, dodging five cars in two different lanes.

Pretty soon, their wild ride came to an end and Minseok quickly detached himself from Jongdae, scrambling off the bike and tearing his helmet off so he could breathe properly.

“Holy , Jongdae,” Minseok gasped, “Why the have you not been arrested yet?”

The said boy slid off his helmet and ruffled his hair, laughing at the other’s question. He nudged down the kickstand and got off his bike.

“Come on, it wasn’t that bad,” Jongdae chuckled, smiling stupid cat-smile Minseok very much wanted to punch straight off.

“It was pretty bad,” He replied. “I almost died.”

“I must say though, you do have a very tight grip,” Jongdae grunted, rubbing his sides. “No wonder you broke that mug so easily.”

Minseok frowned before composing himself again. The pair then walked into the rink and rented out some roller skates.

“I hope you’re not as much of a disaster on skates as you are on a motorcycle,” Minseok sighed as he laced up his shoes.

Jongdae laughed, “Oh, I don’t actually know how to roller skate.”

 

 

A/N: TWO CHAPTERS??? ON BACK TO BACK DAYS??? /crowd cheers loudly from a distance

PRETTY RADICAL RIGHT? pls be proud of me hAHA :’D I actually have some ideas for this fic now and im so glad people are enjoying it ;u; every upvote, subscribe, and message on this fic makes me dIE ON THE INSIDE. I GET SO EXCITED HAHA THANKS SO MUCH <3

sorry to leave you guys on a cliff hanger though B-) you can complain to me on my blog since I check that more than I check here ;u;

THANKS YOU GUYS AGAIN OMG U ALL MEAN THE WORLD TO ME *u*