Roller Skates

Breakfast

For some reason, this entire scenario reminded Minseok of some sappy drama he recalled watching a few years ago when he was bored during summer break. Boy (Jongdae) takes Girl (Minseok, but Minseok is totally manly) out skating. Girl does not know how to skate (except in this matter, the roles were reversed). Boy teaches Girl how to skate. Girl is still an epic failure, but Boy drags her unskilled around anyways.

The cliché skating thing was pretty cute, but what was happening now reflected comedy at its finest.

Minseok stood normally on his skates as he watched Jongdae fall all over himself and cling onto the door leading into the rink.

“,” Jongdae grunted as he slowly began to descend to the floor, roller skates sliding out from under him. The orange haired boy snorted, trying to hold back his laughter. “Minseok, help me,” Jongdae pleaded.

The said boy smiled amusedly as Jongdae was close to doing the splits.

“Stop being a sadistic ,” Jongdae cried pathetically as he finally fell over. He tried to scramble up but gravity wasn’t having it, and the poor boy eventually fell over yet again. A few high school girls skated by and giggled at Jongdae’s lack of success. Minseok unconsciously giggled along with them.

The boy on the ground would have commented on how lovely Minseok’s smile was, but he needed the other's help, and complimenting him would result in exactly the opposite. So instead, the raven haired boy continued to whine.

“Minseooooook,” Jongdae pouted.

“Whaaaat?” Minseok mocked.

“Help me,” Jongdae demanded, reaching out towards him.

“What’s in it for me?” Minseok smirked playfully.

The loser sitting on the ground thought for a bit before replying. “I’ll get you ice cream.”

Minseok raised a brow. “What am I? Three years old?”

Jongdae groaned exasperatedly. “Ice cream and I’ll drive you home safely?”

“Make it an ice cream and money for a bus ride home.”

Jongdae frowned. He very much enjoyed Minseok clinging onto him but, for the sake of skating being at least a little pleasurable for him, he agreed. “Fine.”

“Promise?”

“Promise,” Jongdae grumped. “Now help me up!”

Minseok rolled his eyes and grabbed Jongdae’s extended arms, carefully tugging him up into a standing position. Jongdae then tried to take a step but ended up sliding ungracefully forward and flailing around like a flightless baby bird.

“Hold still!” Minseok commanded as he steadied Jongdae with his hands. The boy yelped pathetically and grasped Minseok’s forearms tightly. The orange haired boy laughed over how out of character Jongdae was acting at the moment.

“Okay, I’m going to start moving,” Minseok explained. “You’re going to stay as upright as possible. Right?”

“Right.”

“Don’t lock your knees, ,” Minseok smiled. “Squat a little.”

Jongdae did as he was instructed.

“No! Not like you’re sitting in a ing chair,” the other snickered. “And keep your legs apart too.”

Jongdae clumsily got into position and, after a few long minutes of slipping, he was finally ready. The boy hadn’t let go of Minseok since the first time he had helped him up and Jongdae was probably already digging bruises into the other’s arms but, thankfully, Minseok was too entertained by the whole scenario to even notice.

“You ready?” Minseok asked.

“Hopefully.”

“Okay, here we go!”

The better skater then started to move backwards, dragging the other forward. Luckily, there weren’t that many people in the skating rink since most of the families went home to have dinner, but the boy still had to be careful not to bump into anyone.

During the first few moments of Jongdae’s roller skating lesson, the poor boy had managed to nearly fall over in almost every possible direction, but didn't.

Eventually, however, Jongdae did manage to trip up terribly and fall over while his oh-so-caring instructor yanked from his grasp before he could be dragged down as well.

“Ow,” Jongdae hissed, rubbing his bottom. Minseok hid behind his hand and snickered.

“You really at this,” The orange haired boy stated matter-of-factly.

“Thanks,” Jongdae sarcastically said, grinning softly. “Have anything supportive to say?”

Minseok thought for a moment before saying, “I guess you’ll get it eventually.”

Jongdae was slightly taken aback. He was expecting something snarky to come from the other but he actually recieved a half-compliment. This was a huge achievement for the raven haired boy, especially since he got to watch Minseok laugh nonstop at his multiple failures.

Pretty soon, Jongdae was back on his feet and clinging onto his instructor for dear life.

“Turn your foot sideways and push,” Minseok instructed, looking down at their feet.

Jongdae looked down too, their heads brushing together slightly and sending tingles down both of their necks. He then tried to do as Minseok said and copied his footwork.

After many more attempts at roller skating, falling, and repeating the process over again, Jongdae could successfully glide around on his own for at least thirty seconds, which was a huge improvement from when they had first started.

“Whoop!” Jongdae cheered as he scooted towards the exit of the rink. “I feel like a very accomplished man right now, however, I think I need to take a break.”

“Suit yourself,” Minseok shrugged. “Whose the old man now?” He called back, laughing as he skated away.

Jongdae rolled his eyes playfully and found a spot by the rink where he could sit down and watch the other skate around effortlessly. It was a simple thing but Jongdae found it absolutely majestic.

The raven haired boy adored how calm and serene Minseok looked as he made his way around the rink. He picked out features on the other boy’s face and quietly admired them to himself. He loved the way Minseok’s plush cheeks turned different shades of warm colors with his every expression. He loved the curvature of Minseok’s nose and the soft eyelids concealing dark, shimmering eyes that reflected every emotion the boy was feeling. Jongdae’s heart fluttered at the sight.

Minseok had probably felt the other’s stare on him because his expression snapped from peaceful to flustered as he then tried to avoid Jongdae’s gaze. The boy sped up and went a few more laps around the rink before stopping in front of the other.

“Are you ready to try again?” Minseok asked as he watched Jongdae carefully climb into the rink.

“Yes,” The boy smiled determinedly. “Did you miss me?”

“Hardly.”

“I’m flattered.”

Jongdae skated forward, stumbling into the smaller boy and grasping at his arms yet again.

“Knees apart,” Minseok reminded him.

“Right.”

“Okay, perfect. We’ll start slowly.”

“Don’t we always?”

“Well, thanks to you.”

“Ouch,” Jongdae fake pouted and Minseok rolled his eyes.

The first few minutes were surprisingly pretty successful. Jongdae hadn’t tripped yet and he was actually gliding at a decent speed. Minseok was impressed.

“Hey,” The orange haired boy smiled, “You’re doing pretty good.”

“Well, I have a pretty good teacher,” Jongdae grinned cheekily.

“Gross, don’t be weird," Minseok said. Jongdae laughed.

They skated in silence for a few more moments before the raven haired boy exclaimed, “I think I can try on my own.”

“Are you sure?” Minseok asked warily as Jongdae’s grip loosened on his arms.

“Yeah.”

Cautiously, Minseok stepped away from the other, who was now standing by himself, and watched as he pushed forwards.

“HEY!” Jongdae yelled happily, “I’m doing it!”

Minseok laughed, “Finally. Keep going!”

The orange haired boy skated carefully next to the other as he unskillfully tried to keep himself moving at a steady pace. Things were going fine for the first few moments until Jongdae’s knee suddenly buckled out.

The raven haired skater yelped loudly as he tried to steady himself. Out of first instinct, he frantically grabbed at Minseok, who was very unprepared to catch the boy for this fall, and they started to slip.

“JONGDAE—” Minseok shrieked as the other began to fall backwards, dragging him down too.

The pair ungracefully fell over, legs tangled, and landed hard on the ground. Minseok, however, fell on top of Jongdae instead, but that didn’t stop him from feeling any kind of pain.

“Urgh,” Minseok groaned, pushing himself off of the other.

Jongdae sat up and rubbed the back of his head once the orange haired boy had groggily rolled off of him.

“Are you okay?” Minseok asked, holding his hand to his own cheek. He was sore there for some reason.

“Yeah I have a thick skull,” Jongdae grunted. “Are you okay?”

“Maybe? I—”

“Holy , you’re bleeding,” Jongdae exclaimed, pulling Minseok’s hand from where he was touching his cheek. The orange haired boy hissed softly when the cool air hit his wound.

“I ing stabbed myself on your stupid jaw line of steel,” Minseok frowned, tenderly touching around his cut with his other hand. Jongdae ran his hands along his jaw. “What is that thing even made of? Swords?” Minseok asked hysterically.

Jongdae shrugged, “My jaw feels normal.”

“Woopty ing doo,” Minseok snarled. “Why do I always end up bleeding whenever we hang out?”

Jongdae tugged off his roller skates and sighed, “I don’t know but for now, all we can do is find you a band aid.”

Minseok stood up with Jongdae and they walked out of the rink.

“You can have your ice cream now if you want," Jongdae offered to the whimpering boy beside him.

 

 

 

A/N: I actually wrote this at the same time I wrote chapter 5 :’DD I just didn’t want to post it because I thought it’d be weird if I posted two chapters on the same day ;;

BUT ANYWHO! Wow look at how terribly these two up all the time isn’t it adorable ;u; <3 Lmao they were just getting along too, way to screw it up Jongdae :’D Oh well, we’ll see what happens B-) tbh I don’t even know what’s gonna happen because I’ve literally been winging it these last 3 chapters :’D Oh well *u* Im excited too :’D hAhA

anyways promos my blog B-)